Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yup and cap fired spidey from the avengers as a result due to it a risk for the avengers to "lighen up" after beast did the same jokes for years and hawkeye did as well. Thing joked around as well at times. No trouble with them as avengers but now all of a sudden, its bad. Made cap look like a dimwit.

That ending just screamed "we had spidey for four issues and need an excuse to have him leave the avengers". That whole part of the story just made you roll your eyes.
    I won't disagree, however, at the end, Spidey was finally an official Avenger. And years before it was so comercially exploited in Bendis' New Avengers. I have to say, I do think the traditional reasons for Spidey not being made an Avenger make sense for me (creatively, the hard luck hero cannot be a part of Marvel's most prestigious team of super-heroes. It ruins the character), however, this opened a door for him to occasionally join the team, because there is no real in-story reason for which he shouldn't do so (he's friends with most of the Avengers, and has assisted them in countless occasions).

Peace

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Alanna Smith mentions on Twitter that "Scarlet Witch" is one of her books, and she edits Captain America and used to be Tom Brevoort's assistant, so yes; Avengers office.
    Scarlet Witch being an Avengers characters reminds me how unfortunate it is that she and her brother are typically excluded out of Avengers media like Avengers Assemble and the Square Enix game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wanda in the team. I'm definitely fed up with how Nat is the only allowable female Avenger in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yup and cap fired spidey from the avengers as a result due to it a risk for the avengers to "lighen up" after beast did the same jokes for years and hawkeye did as well. Thing joked around as well at times. No trouble with them as avengers but now all of a sudden, its bad. Made cap look like a dimwit.

That ending just screamed "we had spidey for four issues and need an excuse to have him leave the avengers". That whole part of the story just made you roll your eyes.
    I know, right?! Then they brought him back just to announce his status as a reservist (LOL):

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Alanna Smith mentions on Twitter that "Scarlet Witch" is one of her books, and she edits Captain America and used to be Tom Brevoort's assistant, so yes; Avengers office.
    You’re so right. She’s also editing the upcoming Wasp mini. I can’t wait to see what this office brings.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Niffleheim

Avengers' best villains of all time, do you agree?

1. Ultron
    2. Kang
    3. Loki
    4. Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil
    5. Kree/Skrulls
    6. Thanos
    7. Norman Osborn
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Korvac
    10. Taskmaster

I came across this article about the best Avengers villains of all time. If you want to read it here is the article

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-aven...ign=socialflow
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

1. Ultron
    2. Kang
    3. Loki
    5. Kree/Skrulls
    6. Thanos
    7. Norman Osborn
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Korvac
    10. Taskmaster

I came across this article about the best Avengers villains of all time. If you want to read it here is the article

The Wanda inclusion on the list is annoying but that said I would swap out Wanda for Count Nefaria and Taskmaster for Morgan Le Fay.

I won't disagree, however, at the end, Spidey was finally an official Avenger.
    True. He lasted longer than the hulk at least pre new avengers!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The Wanda inclusion on the list is annoying but that said I would swap out Wanda for Count Nefaria and Taskmaster for Morgan Le Fay.
    I was thinking much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Then they brought him back just to announce his status as a reservist (LOL):

I guess Robbie's not a fan of Amadeus Cho then? Brawn dubbed himself the Totally Awesome Hulk when he first got his Hulk powers, after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    You’re so right. She’s also editing the upcoming Wasp mini. I can’t wait to see what this office brings.
    Since you review the issues, do you think that Captain Marvel will make it to fifty issues and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Since you review the issues, do you think that Captain Marvel will make it to fifty issues and beyond?
    There's no way Captain Marvel doesn't make it to 50 at least, as Kelly Thompson has confirmed the arc solicited as starting at #43 goes through #49 and Marvel wouldn't miss the chance to do a 50th issue oversized expensive issue. Not sure beyond there.

1. Ultron
    2. Kang
    3. Loki
    5. Kree/Skrulls
    6. Thanos
    7. Norman Osborn
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Korvac
    10. Taskmaster

No. Disagree. Loki may have been the first, however, he'll always be Thor's villain, not the Avengers. He can be here, but Zemo and the Masters of Evil should be higher up. Immortus should also be high on the list. And no, he is not the same as Kang. To me it's almost a tie between Ultron and Kang for the top spot. The Zodiac Cartel should also be in this list, though they really are a definitive mega saga short on their resumé. Osborn? Really. What's next? THe Hood? "rolling my eyes". Okay, Osborn gave some trouble during Bendis run, but, like Loki and Thor, I have a hard time dissassociating him from Spider-Man (same for the Red Skull, as much as I enjoyed Red Zone, and Captain America).
    So, Let's see, we have:
    1- Ultron (or Kang)
    2 - Kang (or Ultron)
    3 - Masters of Evil
    4 - Immortus
    5 - Thanos
    6 - The Supreme Inteligence and the Kree (I'll give the Skrulls to the FF. I've always thought that the Kree were the Avengers biggest menance)
    7 - The Zodiac Cartel
    8 - Count Nefaria
    9 - Morgan LeFey
    10 - Korvac

Honorable mentions: Graviton, The Grim Reaper (and the Lethal Legion), Dr. Demonicus and the Pacific Overlords, Master Pandemonium, Nebula, the Collector, the Grand Master.

Peace

Top Ten Avengers Villains
    1. Ultron
    2. Iron Lad/Kang the Conqueror/Rama Tut/Immortus
    3. Thanos
    4. Loki
    5. Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil
    6. Korvac
    7. The Kree
    8. The Grim Reaper and the Lethal Legion
    9. Onslaught
    10. Scarlet Witch

Top Ten Avengers
    1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Thor
    4. Scarlet Witch
    5. Hawkeye
    6. Vision
    7. Captain Marvel
    8. Black Panther
    9. Black Widow
    10. Spider-Man

Scarlet Witch is both a top ten Avenger and a top ten Avengers villain.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    No. Disagree. Loki may have been the first, however, he'll always be Thor's villain, not the Avengers. He can be here, but Zemo and the Masters of Evil should be higher up. Immortus should also be high on the list. And no, he is not the same as Kang. To me it's almost a tie between Ultron and Kang for the top spot. The Zodiac Cartel should also be in this list, though they really are a definitive mega saga short on their resumé. Osborn? Really. What's next? THe Hood? "rolling my eyes". Okay, Osborn gave some trouble during Bendis run, but, like Loki and Thor, I have a hard time dissassociating him from Spider-Man (same for the Red Skull, as much as I enjoyed Red Zone, and Captain America).
    So, Let's see, we have:
    1- Ultron (or Kang)
    2 - Kang (or Ultron)
    3 - Masters of Evil
    4 - Immortus
    5 - Thanos
    6 - The Supreme Inteligence and the Kree (I'll give the Skrulls to the FF. I've always thought that the Kree were the Avengers biggest menance)
    7 - The Zodiac Cartel
    8 - Count Nefaria
    9 - Morgan LeFey
    10 - Korvac

Honorable mentions: Graviton, The Grim Reaper (and the Lethal Legion), Dr. Demonicus and the Pacific Overlords, Master Pandemonium, Nebula, the Collector, the Grand Master.

Peace
    Nebula? Is it the same Nebula? I'm not an avid Avengers reader so I'm kind of intrigued by this choice, could anyone recommend Avengers stories that centered around Nebula as a villain.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Nebula? Is it the same Nebula? I'm not an avid Avengers reader so I'm kind of intrigued by this choice, could anyone recommend Avengers stories that centered around Nebula as a villain.
    You have the Sanctuary Saga, which starts with Avengers vol. 1 #255 (the first issue of the Stern, Buscema and Palmer collaboration) and concludes with #261. The Time Bubble saga in Simonson's run, beggining with #291 and concluding with #297 (though there is some argument that it's not the same character, and just one known as Terminatrix that was passing herself off as Nebula). And, finally Into the Void, by John Byrne, in #314 and concluded by Fabian Nicieza in #318, which was also the official introduction of Spider-Man into the Avengers.

Peace