Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    True but that didn't prevent him from taking a crack at GOTG so he might be inclined to have another go at a team book.

Also the way his career trajectory has gone this far at Marvel there really isn't anything currently available at Marvel that isn't a team book or as high profile as Avengers would be.

I mean what else could possibly be next for him if not Avengers?
    Spider-Man?

Serious question, was there anything to appreciate with the Avengers in 2022? I mean, it's been pretty bad this year...

Astonishing Member

I can’t believe I’m about to have to defend a concept by Aaron of all people; but the various Avengers ancestors seem interesting in concept (and so long as someone other than Aaron writes them); and at the least he doesn’t detest the Avengers as an IP (which is more than some books these days can say for their writers)

Compare our list of prospective candidates: Duggan (Avengers are cops/the only problem with Perdue is not being run by a girlboss), Ewing (Avengers are country club elitists/cops) or Cates (Knull after Knull after Knull)

Now, I’m going to go wash the shame of defending Aaron off…

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Serious question, was there anything to appreciate with the Avengers in 2022? I mean, it's been pretty bad this year...
    Big fat zero, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I can’t believe I’m about to have to defend a concept by Aaron of all people; but the various Avengers ancestors seem interesting in concept (and so long as someone other than Aaron writes them); and at the least he doesn’t detest the Avengers as an IP (which is more than some books these days can say for their writers)

Compare our list of prospective candidates: Duggan (Avengers are cops/the only problem with Perdue is not being run by a girlboss), Ewing (Avengers are country club elitists/cops) or Cates (Knull after Knull after Knull)

Now, I’m going to go wash the shame of defending Aaron off…
    That's never coming off. lol

It wasn't the Avengers ancestors. It was Aaron's favorites trashing continuity and basic history to give them the weight of 'destiny' and making them the 'real' Avengers. Too many writers think retconning and rehashing the past is some how going to make their story better. It's not.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I’ma be real with you, I hardly remember what even happened this year in Avengers, it was so forgettable. I don’t even remember if Heroes Reborn was this year or not. And then we’ve got the current arc which has been putting me to sleep because I couldn’t care less about these historical variants yet it just keeps dragging on. I am so glad that this train wreck is almost over.

No, nothing to appreciate IMO. I think there has been little to nothing to appreciate about the Avengers since Aarons took over the main book.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Not a single thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    No, nothing to appreciate IMO. I think there has been little to nothing to appreciate about the Avengers since Aarons took over the main book.
    you don't like heroes having the powers of other heroes? /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’ma be real with you, I hardly remember what even happened this year in Avengers, it was so forgettable. I don’t even remember if Heroes Reborn was this year or not. And then we’ve got the current arc which has been putting me to sleep because I couldn’t care less about these historical variants yet it just keeps dragging on. I am so glad that this train wreck is almost over.
    It was last year, not sure how Aaron gets the number of events he did considering forgettable they turn to be....
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This entire run is going to be remembered like a fever dream.

will there be a final resolution to all of this multiversal goings on? Like a real final resolution not "for now... maybe"..

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Absolutely nada, nothing, bubkis.

Aaron has been so stubborn with this direction and it's been years.

It seems like Marvel is now focused on the X-Men and put the Avengers on the back burner. Similar to how Marvel did not give a flying fuck about the X-Men and tried to prop up the Inhumans. They're like screw it let Aaron go hog wild and he'll sell regardless because of all of the goodwill and cache from his Thor run.

And I feel like it's because of the MCU, but that's my conspiracy theory.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 11-22-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will there be a final resolution to all of this multiversal goings on? Like a real final resolution not "for now... maybe"..
    A phoenix, engima force, power cosmic empowered Ghost Rider Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir and Captain America's shield with Juggernaut's helmet and Wolverine's claws and Dr Doom's cloak and an Arc Reactor with unstable molecules will erase all Mephisto variants
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    A phoenix, engima force, power cosmic empowered Ghost Rider Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir and Captain America's shield with Juggernaut's helmet and Wolverine's claws and Dr Doom's cloak and an Arc Reactor with unstable molecules will erase all Mephisto variants
    Well duh, you gotta have a Phoenix Force, Enigma Force, Power Cosmic empowered Ghost Rider Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir w/The Silver Surfer's surfboard fused into a giant axe and his famous shield along with the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Wolverine's adamantium claws, Dr. Doom's cloak and an Arc Reactor powered by unstable molecules in order to erase all Mephisto variants or else what's the point?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Absolutely nada, nothing, bubkis.

Aaron has been so stubborn with this direction and it's been years.

It seems like Marvel is now focused on the X-Men and put the Avengers on the back burner. Similar to how Marvel did not give a flying fuck about the X-Men and tried to prop up the Inhumans. They're like screw it let Aaron go hog wild and he'll sell regardless because of all of the goodwill and cache from his Thor run.

And I feel like it's because of the MCU, but that's my conspiracy theory.
    I feel like with past successes Marvel was just more willing to let Aaron do whatever he wants.

If anything, he's keeping Robbie Reyes alive and kicking. Wouldn't think we'd ever see him in Mignight Suns otherwise.