Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Clint Barton: Hawkeye Appreciation 2022

He is the worlds Greatest Marksmen, he is Clint Barton, he is...
    Hawkeye

Stuff that's been happening recently:

- A largely well received D+ Show doing, I think, about as much as you can do with MCU Clint at this point but with a surprising lack of an origin story that frustrated some of us.
    - A Wasteland Audio Drama inspired by the Old Man Logan/Old Man Hawkeye Universe but set in an alternate timeline that allowed the storytellers to do their own thing which they did quite well imo.
    - A Wasteland one-shot Comic that's very much set in the usual Old Man Universe that was ...fine I guess?
    - Appearances in Black Widow's current book. Tbh it feels weird to say "recent" since all those delays make it feel like it happened forever ago.

What's next?
    - Not much. The aforementioned Natasha book is our only source of content for comics clint and outside 616 or Comics in general there doesn't seem to be much on the horizon either.

Last years thread can be found here.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Happy New Year to the Avenging Archer .

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Clint

So have the Hawkeye stories from "Solo Avengers" been collected anywhere yet?

I hope a Hawkeye season 2 happens. I doubt there will be a filmed origin episode, unless it involves CGI de-aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So have the Hawkeye stories from "Solo Avengers" been collected anywhere yet?

I hope a Hawkeye season 2 happens. I doubt there will be a filmed origin episode, unless it involves CGI de-aging.
    I swear a I read a Hawkeye trade with at least one of those stories collected...

Astonishing Member

There is one SOLO AVENGERS trade that has been released so far, but it only covers the first 9 issues. Presumably they will release more eventually, although that first one was a couple of years ago by now.

Clint is getting his first "Epic Collection" release shortly -- I expect his ongoing solo feature in SOLO AVENGERS/AVENGERS SPOTLIGHT will end up in the eventual 2nd volume in his "Epic Collections" series.

Mighty Member

tumblr_a87b3ae4a512b6e2bc4bd2401c13f3e1_343f938b_2048.jpg

I like how marvel fans draw Clint Baeton like he was a sex appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    tumblr_a87b3ae4a512b6e2bc4bd2401c13f3e1_343f938b_2048.jpg

I mean, with the amount of women he's been with...

Astonishing Member

That great--and seasonally appropriate too! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Its not just the fandom; Clint's sex appeal is referenced in-story too. As Frontier pointed out Clint has an impressive track record with the ladies (and has turned a male head or too, for that matter). There have also been a few issues where character's have commented on Clint having a great butt. He may not quite be the Marvel counterpart to Dick Grayson--but his a$$ has earned on-panel compliments on more than one occasion.

I think the whole butt thing was in reference to that meme of Renner back in '12.

"̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think the whole butt thing was in reference to that meme of Renner back in '12.

No, most of the references to Clint's butt that I am thinking of are from long before the MCU movies ever started.

That Renner meme might possibly have been inspiration for Clint being the featured subject of "The Hawkeye Initiative", that parody project that highlighted the absurd and sexist poses and outfits female comic characters have often been portrayed in by recreating actual comic panels or covers but swapping in Clint (or sometimes another male character) in place of a female character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No, most of the references to Clint's butt that I am thinking of are from long before the MCU movies ever started.

That Renner meme might possibly have been inspiration for Clint being the featured subject of "The Hawkeye Initiative", that parody project that highlighted the absurd and sexist poses and outfits female comic characters have often been portrayed in by recreating actual comic panels or covers but swapping in Clint (or sometimes another male character) in place of a female character.
    Oh? I only recall more "recent" cases but I may very well be wrong.

And yeah I think every hawkeye fan knows the hawkeye initiative but I doubt everyone likes it, lol.
    Me, I think it's pretty hilarious without that fact taking away from what it's pointing, which isn't unimportant.

My Twitter

The Hawkeye Initiative was both delightful and informative. I loved it!

Happy New Year Hawkeye fans! Here's hoping things pick up in a good way for our favourite archer in the coming months. So I pose a question: if you could have a team-up mini for Clint and one other character, who would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    So I pose a question: if you could have a team-up mini for Clint and one other character, who would you pick?
    The majority won't agree, but I've always been a fan of the "everyman camaraderie" between Clint & Ben Grimm (A.K.A. The Thing):

Extraordinary Member

Well...this makes sense...