Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also Clint is a carny at heart and is a showman.
    Indeed. That's something I'll always admire about him.

Mighty Member

RCO038_1653667370.jpg
    RCO039_1653667370.jpg
    RCO040_1653667370.jpg

Remember when Hawkeye is smart enough to outsmart the Grandmaster, the master of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    RCO038_1653667370.jpg
    RCO039_1653667370.jpg
    RCO040_1653667370.jpg

Remember when Hawkeye is smart enough to outsmart the Grandmaster, the master of the game.
    OMG! I LOVE it!! Two Thumbs Up!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

That is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

OMG! I LOVE it!! Two Thumbs Up!!!

Amazing! Is that new? I've never seen it before I think but I don't see it on Otto's twitter feed either.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Amazing! Is that new? I've never seen it before I think but I don't see it on Otto's twitter feed either.
    Hope this helps, but here's the link: https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...883027969?s=19

Y'know, the more I think on it, the more I disliked how they ultimately absolved (or didn't really focus too much) Clint for what he did as Ronin in the MCU.

Hope this helps, but here's the link: https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...883027969?s=19
    It does indeed, thank you!
    Y'know, the more I think on it, the more I disliked how they ultimately absolved (or didn't really focus too much) Clint for what he did as Ronin in the MCU.
    Because let's face it: It's not that different from what the Avengers have been doing all this time.
    It would be a much bigger deal if the Avengers hadn't been killing Baddies left and right for years.
    He basically just did his previous job more ruthlessly than before.
    That said it would have been cool to dive deeper into that but that would have required them to actually care. Seeing how even his short flashback sequences where cut I think it's fair to say everyone was more concerned with establishing Kate which they admittedly did a splendid job with.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Because let's face it: It's not that different from what the Avengers have been doing all this time.
    It would be a much bigger deal if the Avengers hadn't been killing Baddies left and right for years.
    He basically just did his previous job more ruthlessly than before.
    That said it would have been cool to dive deeper into that but that would have required them to actually care. Seeing how even his short flashback sequences where cut I think it's fair to say everyone was more concerned with establishing Kate which they admittedly did a splendid job with.
    It just left a bad taste in my mouth that they basically turned him into a serial killer like the Punisher and then...don't really grapple with the weight of that so we can have a fun Christmas movie.

And that Kate acts so blase about it just didn't feel natural.

It just left a bad taste in my mouth that they basically turned him into a serial killer like the Punisher and then...don't really grapple with the weight of that so we can have a fun Christmas movie.

And that Kate acts so blase about it just didn't feel natural.
    As an enthusiastic Punisher hater I can't disagree but as I've mentioned some months back here we don't really know just how bad it really got.
    We see exactly two sequences if him going at it and in both cases it's just him taking down organised crime which is just the street level version of his day job in the MCU. For all we know each and every death we see is "justified" so we don't really know whether MCU Ronin was basically just your average vigilante or some truly sadistic monster that killed first and asked questions second if at all, ending everyone from the gangster boss to the pick pocket around the corner.

With the MCU leaving that up to us everyone's read on it will vary and Kate probably knows even less than we do because she's never seen it.

My Twitter

As an enthusiastic Punisher hater I can't disagree but as I've mentioned some months back here we don't really know just how bad it really got.
    We see exactly two sequences if him going at it and in both cases it's just him taking down organised crime which is just the street level version of his day job in the MCU. For all we know each and every death we see is "justified" so we don't really know whether MCU Ronin was basically just your average vigilante or some truly sadistic monster that killed first and asked questions second if at all, ending everyone from the gangster boss to the pick pocket around the corner.

With the MCU leaving that up to us everyone's read on it will vary and Kate probably knows even less than we do because she's never seen it.
    Maybe it's my personal ethics talking but I don't think resolving street crime with murder is justifiable. Especially when the show indicated the cost of that on others, but they kind of just dropped that by the end. But it just makes me hate the assassin angle even more.

Kate in general just didn't seem to treat it like a big deal or even the own people she seemingly killed as a big deal.

It does indeed, thank you!
    You're welcome, Matternativ

You're welcome, Matternativ

Maybe it's my personal ethics talking but I don't think resolving street crime with murder is justifiable. Especially when the show indicated the cost of that on others, but they kind of just dropped that by the end. But it just makes me hate the assassin angle even more.

Kate in general just didn't seem to treat it like a big deal or even the own people she seemingly killed as a big deal.
    I get it, I'm the guy who cheered for the Irish mobsters torturing the Punisher in the daredevil show, haha.

I'm mostly annoyed about how much of an afterthought the whole Ronin affair was in either the show or the movie (while the latter had enough going on to excuse it).

My Twitter

Mighty Member

One thing got me thinking about the Old Man Logan universe, the real reason why Hawkeye is one of the survivors while other heroes all perished is because most of the villains only kill superheroes who have power and abilities. They spared Hawkeye because he only has a bow and an arrow. To them, he is considered harmless and less threat.

While the villains couldn't kill Wolverine since he has a strong healing factor, they manage to break him physically and mentally by making him kill all the X-Men with no ease under the illusion of Mysterio.

I am pretty sure some of the heroes like Emma, Inhumans and the Guardians aren't available during that time since Guardians and Nova Corps were off-world and couldn't come to Earth.

My read was that Zemo being a vengeful b*tch is at least part of the reason Clint survived.
    It didn't seem like a decision he made on the spot. He planned to leave Clint broken among the remains of his friends and lover.

My Twitter