Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    My read was that Zemo being a vengeful b*tch is at least part of the reason Clint survived.
    It didn't seem like a decision he made on the spot. He planned to leave Clint broken among the remains of his friends and lover.
    Zemo does hold a grudge against Clint because of the Thunderbolts that's shown up over and over in the comics, but I'm sure that the fact that Clint doesn't have powers was a big factor of leaving him alive. If he had super-strength and pyrokenesis or whatever, Zemo never would have risked it. It does feel like a lot of post-apocalyptic AU storylines have the non-powered heroes surviving and living under the radar while building up a resistance movement.

Ironically, in the podcast, it's Emma Frost, arguably one of the most powerful superheroes in the Marvel Universe, who runs the resistance...but to be fair, telepaths do have powers that are specifically an asset when trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Zemo does hold a grudge against Clint because of the Thunderbolts that's shown up over and over in the comics, but I'm sure that the fact that Clint doesn't have powers was a big factor of leaving him alive. If he had super-strength and pyrokenesis or whatever, Zemo never would have risked it. It does feel like a lot of post-apocalyptic AU storylines have the non-powered heroes surviving and living under the radar while building up a resistance movement.

Ironically, in the podcast, it's Emma Frost, arguably one of the most powerful superheroes in the Marvel Universe, who runs the resistance...but to be fair, telepaths do have powers that are specifically an asset when trying to hide.
    Oh sure if he could throw a building at the bad guys he would have died as well I'm not denying that but if it was just that Rodey or Natasha wouldn't have been killed either.
    Clint surviving was definitely planned and the Thunderbolts probably were happy to not kill another old friend if they didn't have to.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Oh sure if he could throw a building at the bad guys he would have died as well I'm not denying that but if it was just that Rodey or Natasha wouldn't have been killed either.
    Clint surviving was definitely planned and the Thunderbolts probably were happy to not kill another old friend if they didn't have to.
    I never thought about that, but you're right...Zemo might not have been able to convince the Thunderbolts to work with him if killing Clint had been part of the plan.

I wouldn't go that far (in a way what they did to him was worse afterall) but I can imagine some initial relief that Zemo had other plans for Clint.

Probably followed by the realization that he may just come after them at some point in the future.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I dunno. Most of the Thunderbolts didn't turn into mustache-twirling villains, and I know it's an alternate universe, but in 616 at least, they were very loyal to Clint personally because he stuck out his neck for them. Songbird aside, the Thunderbolts don't have any personal connection to any other Avengers. So I can sort of buy that Zemo could scare them into killing the other Avengers if he promised that Clint would be spared (and didn't tell them the truth about why he was sparing Clint).

Yes but their main motivation was self preservation at it's core.
    It was support the Villains or die like the rest of the Heroes only probably sooner considering they where clued in.
    I can see someone like atlas being simple enough to have that initial positive reaction to the specific Clint orders but someone like Melissa or Abe?
    They would immediately know that his fate would be worse than those killed.

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Beside, do you think it's time for Marvel to reinvent Hawkeye or not?

Reinvent him as what?
    They did that with Fractions run with varying results.

If anything I wish more writers would build upon pre hawkguy material much like Rosenberg did.
    But with the new costume and leading the Thunderbolts soon I think that's exactly what we are going to do.

My Twitter

Reinvent him as what?
    They did that with Fractions run with varying results.

If anything I wish more writers would build upon pre hawkguy material much like Rosenberg did.
    But with the new costume and leading the Thunderbolts soon I think that's exactly what we are going to do.
    Same.
    Also, wasn't there a secret avengers mini coming too? Or something like that? (did I imagine that one? Did I read that part in some Moon Knight's stuff and somehow mixed both characters? I hate my brain sometimes)
    Sooo I guess, Clint is going to go rogue-ish but following past trends, next.

I didn't read anything about a secret avengers mini but I'd be thrilled if that was true.

My Twitter

I didn't read anything about a secret avengers mini but I'd be thrilled if that was true.
    Can't find any info on the net, so maybe I just deamt it. Wouldn't be the first time I think I remember some little bit of info that I dreamt instead long ago.

Which is a bit concerning, but anyways.

I wish it to come to be true.

Same, I'm always up for some secret avengers.

My Twitter

Todays and next week's issues of Avengers Unlimited Infinity are focused on Clint.

A kid on an alien planet finds a wishing stone and wishes that a hero would come and save his people from an evil dictator.
    The stone teleports Clint, unarmed and with civilian clothes.
    Not necessarily a lot of Hawkguy energy but we are definitely dealing more with his funny himbo side than his serious-ish team leader side.

My Twitter

Todays and next week's issues of Avengers Unlimited Infinity are focused on Clint.

A kid on an alien planet finds a wishing stone and wishes that a hero would come and save his people from an evil dictator.
    The stone teleports Clint, unarmed and with civilian clothes.
    Not necessarily a lot of Hawkguy energy but we are definitely dealing more with his funny himbo side than his serious-ish team leader side.
    He's still going to save the planet, anyways.
    Probably.
    I hope.

I'll look for it. That summary could make for a great story for Clint, actually. It may not be the case here, but it's a nice pitch in itself.

What I wouldn't give to put this man in a costume...