Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    The Hawkeye Initiative was both delightful and informative. I loved it!

Happy New Year Hawkeye fans! Here's hoping things pick up in a good way for our favourite archer in the coming months. So I pose a question: if you could have a team-up mini for Clint and one other character, who would you pick?
    Heh, you know my answer.
    You can probably also guess that Steve is my backup answer.
    Those boys need to hang out damn it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    So I pose a question: if you could have a team-up mini for Clint and one other character, who would you pick?
    Mockingbird!!!!! Both of them are sadly underused and the two of them are always fantastic together, whether they are a couple or not.

I do have a few alternate choices as well....

She-Hulk. Clint and Shulkie have a fantastic chemistry but after Clint founded the WCA we rarely get to see the two of them together to take advantage of it.

Gambit. There was a Hawkeye/Gambit story in the A+X series that was fun, and I'd enjoy seeing the two of them together in a longer team up.

Was that the one where they both tried to get some ladies number?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Was that the one where they both tried to get some ladies number?
    Yes, that's the story I am thinking of.

That one was odd but certainly entertaining.
    A whole team up story would have to bring more to the table but there's probably enough to work with if a writer is good and inspired enough.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Mockingbird!!!!! Both of them are sadly underused and the two of them are always fantastic together, whether they are a couple or not.

I do have a few alternate choices as well....

She-Hulk. Clint and Shulkie have a fantastic chemistry but after Clint founded the WCA we rarely get to see the two of them together to take advantage of it.

Gambit. There was a Hawkeye/Gambit story in the A+X series that was fun, and I'd enjoy seeing the two of them together in a longer team up.
    I don't think I've ever read that A+X; I'll put in on my list.

Yes to both Mocky and Shulkie, and I'll throw in Wasp (Janet), as well. And while we're looking at his old friendships that we haven't seen in a while, he and Rhodey used to make a great pair. I love that issue of Iron Man back in the 80s when Tony's not quite ready to go back to being Iron Man but he wants to be a different kind of superhero, and Clint and Rhodey make fun of his weird costume choices.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Its not just the fandom; Clint's sex appeal is referenced in-story too. As Frontier pointed out Clint has an impressive track record with the ladies (and has turned a male head or too, for that matter). There have also been a few issues where character's have commented on Clint having a great butt. He may not quite be the Marvel counterpart to Dick Grayson--but his a$$ has earned on-panel compliments on more than one occasion.
    Sorry, but which panel has shown Clint has a nice shot butt?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yes to both Mocky and Shulkie, and I'll throw in Wasp (Janet), as well.
    Totally agree with you about Jan. Still have wonderful memories of their "donut scene" together (LOL):
    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    And while we're looking at his old friendships that we haven't seen in a while, he and Rhodey used to make a great pair. I love that issue of Iron Man back in the 80s when Tony's not quite ready to go back to being Iron Man but he wants to be a different kind of superhero, and Clint and Rhodey make fun of his weird costume choices.
    LOL! Great memory!! The Dennis O'Neil run certainly had its moments (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-06-2022 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I'm currently reading the 1963 Avengers run and it amuses me at the variety of nicknames that Hawkeye has for Cap like Winghead, Glamor-Pants, Goldilocks and my favourite - Methuselah. There were also constant jabs at Cap's old age. And Hawkeye seems to have a thing for Scarlet Witch which is going to get really heavy later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I'm currently reading the 1963 Avengers run and it amuses me at the variety of nicknames that Hawkeye has for Cap like Winghead, Glamor-Pants, Goldilocks and my favourite - Methuselah. There were also constant jabs at Cap's old age. And Hawkeye seems to have a thing for Scarlet Witch which is going to get really heavy later.
    I miss Hawkeye the spitfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Hawkeye the spitfire.
    Me too (LOL):

There is actually a conversation between Cap and Clint in the avengers game where Cap mentions that and points out that he's now biologically younger than Clint. (He spends some time being basically iced again)

My Twitter

Goldilocks was Hawkeye’s nickname for Thor.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Clint had quite a few nicknames for Hank Pym, as well (LOL):