Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I was about to post it myself haha. Not what I would have pitched for a team or costume* but something something and life giving you lemons, I'll take it!

*Honestly it's great, throw a mask into the mix and I'm 110% happy instead of just 90%.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I was about to post it myself haha. Not what I would have pitched for a team or costume* but something something and life giving you lemons, I'll take it!

*Honestly it's great, throw a mask into the mix and I'm 110% happy instead of just 90%.
    Yeah, I think it looks incomplete without a mask.

Yep but as I said: I'm still happily taking it. With a bit of luck that means no more tactical stuff outside of moments where it makes sense (as in secret avengers, flashbacks, etc.)
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Yep but as I said: I'm still happily taking it. With a bit of luck that means no more tactical stuff outside of moments where it makes sense (as in secret avengers, flashbacks, etc.)
    I'm just happy to finally have a new costume and one that fits him.

Clint leading a Thunderbolts team again? Big thumbs up. That roster though… Spectrum is cool, but man, not even one of the originals. I really miss Clint interacting with them. I would love to see Abner Jenkins react to Clints more recent “loosening up” of his no kill rule from back then.

The new costume definitely isn’t bad. It feels like a nice cross between his old and recent costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The new costume definitely isn’t bad. It feels like a nice cross between his old and recent costumes.
    It definitely feels more Clint than he's looked in a while. All we're missing is his mask.

Astonishing Member

Clint and Spectrum are two of my favourite characters, so I am absolutely thrilled for this! And I am very excited to see Clint back in a costume again; it looks like a decent compromise between the classic look and the more modern Ultimate-line/MCU inspired outfits.

As others have said it is an odd group of characters under the "Thunderbolts" banner--but the team has been through many different twists through the years, so I am ok with this.

I am happy with the choice of creative team too. I think Clint, Monica and co. are in good hands!

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Such wonderful news with Clint returning to lead the Thunderbolts team again, though the rest of the roster is an odd and interesting choice. Thunderbolts' brand is supposed to be about former criminals trying to make amends to be heroes and I don't remember Spectrum being a former criminal but I'm unsure if they changed the brand over the years. I'm not familiar with the other members too. I like Clint's new costume - it has more purple and it seems to be a mix of his modern Hawkeye and Ronin costumes (though there is a lack of sword).

I've never read any from the creative team before but I hope they will be able to make this run a success.

Guess I have to read up on Devil's Reign.

This isn't a villain reformation team. It's Clint trying to reclaim the Thunderbolts name after Kingpin used it for a villainous team. Spectrum and Power Man were on the Mighty Avengers together, Spectrum and America were on the Ultimates together, and Power Man and Hawkeye were on the New Avengers together (all three of those being Al Ewing teams). And did Clint work with Monica back when she was the leader of the Avengers as Captain Marvel?

Oh, and isn't Luke Cage supposed to be new New York mayor? He used to lead the Thunderbolts too. Maybe he asked Clint to do this?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Clint also worked with America Chavez on Kate's West Coast Avengers team where they both arguably played the straight man/woman (well, not straight in that sense ;D ) to the the chaotic madness that was the rest of the team.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This isn't a villain reformation team. It's Clint trying to reclaim the Thunderbolts name after Kingpin used it for a villainous team. Spectrum and Power Man were on the Mighty Avengers together, Spectrum and America were on the Ultimates together, and Power Man and Hawkeye were on the New Avengers together (all three of those being Al Ewing teams). And did Clint work with Monica back when she was the leader of the Avengers as Captain Marvel?

Oh, and isn't Luke Cage supposed to be new New York mayor? He used to lead the Thunderbolts too. Maybe he asked Clint to do this?
    I remember them working together during Secret Wars '84

Astonishing Member

And did Clint work with Monica back when she was the leader of the Avengers as Captain Marvel?
    Not directly, no--Clint was leading the West Coast team by the time Monica became team leader. They did serve on the same roster together for a short while when Monica first joined the team though. And the East and West teams did work together and socialize together from time to time.

Possibly, although we don't know for sure yet if Luke will be the new mayor. He's running for office, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not directly, no--Clint was leading the West Coast team by the time Monica became team leader. They did serve on the same roster together for a short while when Monica first joined the team though. And the East and West teams did work together and socialize together from time to time.
    In agreement with everything you mentioned. Heck, they were even in the same room during her 1st appearance

Clint also worked with America Chavez on Kate's West Coast Avengers team where they both arguably played the straight man/woman (well, not straight in that sense ;D ) to the the chaotic madness that was the rest of the team.
    I'm really happy Clint is on a team without Kate .