Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of H&I, how did you like the story in the Pride anthology? It wasn't bad but umm, were we supposed to know who or what that mimic entity was?

Why would Ivy ever want to be more like Harley? She has too much self-respect and sense .

Ivy design by Jenn St. Onge for the upcoming graphic novel The Strange Case of Harleen and Harley

Merida, that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would Ivy ever want to be more like Harley? She has too much self-respect and sense .
    Maybe I was reading too much into it but I felt like it was a taunt for us, the Ivy fanbase, who keep wishing she gets half the exposure as Harley does.

It reminded me a bit of that lame moment in Justice League vs. Suicide Squad where Harley taunted Diana that she was more popular... and then IRL the Wonder Woman movie outgrossed Suicide Squad.

Ivy design by Jenn St. Onge for the upcoming graphic novel The Strange Case of Harleen and Harley

Merida, that you?
    I love her design here!
    Maybe I was reading too much into it but I felt like it was a taunt for us, the Ivy fanbase, who keep wishing she gets half the exposure as Harley does.

It reminded me a bit of that lame moment in Justice League vs. Suicide Squad where Harley taunted Diana that she was more popular... and then IRL the Wonder Woman movie outgrossed Suicide Squad.
    And I think Diana punked Harley.

An original design by Mindy Lee that I think would kill it in a more younger audience-oriented animated show.

It's so amazing that even Kevin Wada drew his own rendition of it

An original design by Mindy Lee that I think would kill it in a more younger audience-oriented animated show.

It's so amazing that even Kevin Wada drew his own rendition of it
    This is a really nice design!

I'm also very partial to her Justice League Action design:

Speaking of H&I, how did you like the story in the Pride anthology? It wasn't bad but umm, were we supposed to know who or what that mimic entity was?
    CBR writer Brandon Zachary theorizes it was none other than The Great Darkness, the Big Bad of Dark Crisis

Which now raises the question that if The Hunt is in continuity with Dark Crisis, where does that leave the Ivy solo?

Stjepan Sejic writing a Gotham City Sirens story for Harley Quinn 30th Anniversary comic

sirens.jpg

Stjepan Sejic writing a Gotham City Sirens story for Harley Quinn 30th Anniversary comic

sirens.jpg

It'll be nice to see the Trio again.

I stopped reading the main Bat book so I didn't know that Batman #124 had an Ivy backup story titled Photosynthesis written by G Willow Wilson to boot!

It's a good set up to the new Poison Ivy #01

Incredible Member

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but she's definitely better than Harley on the show.
    And it’s attitudes like this as to probably why DC muck around with the Harley/Ivy relationship in the books because certain fans like playing the two characters off against each other.

Incredible Member

And there you go again. I tell you if they do decide to break them up it will be largely because of the attitude of certain Ivy fans. I like both characters so I get a bit tired of this kind of griping.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 06-19-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Harley Quinn Season 3 will be a ginormous win for heroic/anti-heroine Ivy fans methinks. Only 21st Century DC will have spin-off comics set in that universe but have mainstream comics Ivy be nothing like her. In the 90s, BTAS Ivy's motivations and characterization began to spill over into the mainstream comics.
    I'm not sure, I think that from what I've seen, Harley Quinn's Ivy's life kind of revolves around Harley a bit too much for my liking. However it makes sense because it's Harley's show, so everyone will kind of focus on Harley, even Gordon's obsession with catching her vs every other villain. While I'm more of a fan of mad scientist villain Ivy, if they are to take from the more sarcastic take from the Harley Quinn show, I'd definitely would want her to have more of her own things going on.

When BTAS Harley and Ivy had their outings Ivy was CLEARLY the one in charge and the brains of whatever scheme they were up to. However, you also saw that Harley was a bit less competent and was more prone to goof off with Ivy in comparison to where she was practically second in command with Joker (however I guess Joker having smaller time goons like Rocco and Henshaw, or the Mo, Lar, and Cur gave Harley a bit more of a hierarchic role)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 06-20-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm not sure, I think that from what I've seen, Harley Quinn's Ivy's life kind of revolves around Harley a bit too much for my liking. However it makes sense because it's Harley's show, so everyone will kind of focus on Harley, even Gordon's obsession with catching her vs every other villain. While I'm more of a fan of mad scientist villain Ivy, if they are to take from the more sarcastic take from the Harley Quinn show, I'd definitely would want her to have more of her own things going on.

When BTAS Harley and Ivy had their outings Ivy was CLEARLY the one in charge and the brains of whatever scheme they were up to. However, you also saw that Harley was a bit less competent and was more prone to goof off with Ivy in comparison to where she was practically second in command with Joker (however I guess Joker having smaller time goons like Rocco and Henshaw, or the Mo, Lar, and Cur gave Harley a bit more of a hierarchic role)
    I was talking about the show itself. I don't think its version of Ivy will leak into mainstream comics unless Season 3 blows up on unprecedented levels.

I kind of like that the show has Ivy doing her own things separate from Harley though like the eco-terrorist (activist?) missions. I hope to see more of that in S3 after S2 took a detour and became My Best Friend's Wedding but with Julia Roberts' character winning

I was talking about the show itself. I don't think its version of Ivy will leak into mainstream comics unless Season 3 blows up on unprecedented levels.

I kind of like that the show has Ivy doing her own things separate from Harley though like the eco-terrorist (activist?) missions. I hope to see more of that in S3 after S2 took a detour and became My Best Friend's Wedding but with Julia Roberts' character winning
    I think I've said it before but I don't think cartoon Ivy would naturally gravitate to the comics without the shows' identity or writing.