Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

I like Poison Ivy, She is one of my favorite super villains, not the favorite, but she's still up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    One of the stories in the Harley Quinn anniversary special made an interesting point that Ivy is very much the dom to Harley’s submissive. What’s a bit odd is they walked that idea back somewhat in the story itself, knowing Stjepan Sejic other work I suspect that was DC editorial. Also the art on it is very good as you might expect.

As an aside if anyone enjoyed Gotham City Sirens there is two good stories in there featuring them.

Ivy features in some way in four of the stories in the special. Though in one case it’s an unspeaking cameo, and a second one is little better. She only features heavily in two, that’s the two stories I mentioned above. Both of which as I say are variations on Gotham City Sirens.
    It's kind of surreal seeing a universe where Harley helps get Ivy arrested. Interesting look for her though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of surreal seeing a universe where Harley helps get Ivy arrested. Interesting look for her though.
    I’ve not read the series that comes from but was the story a prologue to that series?

I see we've erased the Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie abomination from THIS universe.

I’ve not read the series that comes from but was the story a prologue to that series?
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I see we've erased the Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie abomination from THIS universe.
    I mean, I do try and pretend that movie doesn't exist, but trying to save her best friend from her own villainous plot is a little different from landing her in handcuffs as a criminal profiler .

I mean, I do try and pretend that movie doesn't exist, but trying to save her best friend from her own villainous plot is a little different from landing her in handcuffs as a criminal profiler .
    I mean, what did she think would happen to Ivy after punching her out and leaving the Bat boys to handle her?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Patrick Brown art.

BrownIvy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Patrick Brown art.

BrownIvy.jpg
    That is really beautiful art.

I know, I like when she's being a good girl. I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I hope so, I like that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Patrick Brown art.

BrownIvy.jpg
    Great Ivy art .

Incredible Member

Reading the Harley Quinn 30th anniversary made me really wish they would bring back the Gotham City Sirens as a title.

Reading the Harley Quinn 30th anniversary made me really wish they would bring back the Gotham City Sirens as a title.
    I'm honestly surprised they really kind of let the Gotham City Sirens fall by the wayside after the first series ended.

I'm ok with the sirens, I just don't like that they make the characters bisexual.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing's_Lover View Post
    I'm ok with the sirens, I just don't like that they make the characters bisexual.

Why? Catwoman has had like one female love interest (Eiko) and the rest is usually forgotten in lieu of being Batsy occasional main squeeze. Even so, Catwoman is by nature free and independent and hedonistic. Why should she limit herself to only men when this is the woman that wants it all. Harley is so batshit that she wouldn't care about gender and I'd say she's also hedonistic. Poison Ivy hates humanity, particularly men, so I don't know what difference who she sleeps with makes. Unless you want her to be plantsexual? Her pheromone powers work on both men and women, so I don't see how strictly dickly fits her, either. I feel like Pam would scoff at the silly hang ups humans have about sexuality and see it as another reason to resent humanity. Regardless, their bisexuality doesn't undercut their straight relationships and is rarely even brought up in the case of Selina and Harley and Ivy have been portrayed more as a couple in the show that's been out for 3 years than they've had on the page couple interactions in the past decade so...what's there not to like?
    Last edited by Shimbo; 09-25-2022 at 05:32 PM.