Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Why? Catwoman has had like one female love interest (Eiko) and the rest is usually forgotten in lieu of being Batsy occasional main squeeze. Even so, Catwoman is by nature free and independent and hedonistic. Why should she limit herself to only men when this is the woman that wants it all. Harley is so batshit that she wouldn't care about gender and I'd say she's also hedonistic. Poison Ivy hates humanity, particularly men, so I don't know what difference who she sleeps with makes. Unless you want her to be plantsexual? Her pheromone powers work on both men and women, so I don't see how strictly dickly fits her, either. I feel like Pam would scoff at the silly hang ups humans have about sexuality and see it as another reason to resent humanity. Regardless, their bisexuality doesn't undercut their straight relationships and is rarely even brought up in the case of Selina and Harley and Ivy have been portrayed more as a couple in the show that's been out for 3 years than they've had on the page couple interactions in the past decade so...what's there not to like?
    I just really don't like that. I don't agree with it. I like each of the characters in general, I just don't like that almost anything is made Bi, they do that on purpose. I really don't agree with it. They would be just fine as straight characters.I would still like them, if not, even better, because that way it's more natural.
    Last edited by Nightwing's_Lover; 09-26-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing's_Lover View Post
    I just really don't like that. I don't agree with it. I like each of the characters in general, I just don't like that almost anything is made Bi, they do that on purpose. I really don't agree with it. They would be just fine as straight characters.I would still like them, if not, even better, because that way it's more natural.
    Haha, "more natural". You realize we're talking about superhero comics, right? The lady who dresses in a catsuit and flings herself from skyscraper to skyscraper and breaks into the most fortified places to steal shiny things. The lady who was a psychologist before she went off the deep end and got brainwashed and abused by the Joker, got her skin bleached, had Ivy give her enhanced powers in Post-Crisis, and somehow can do gymnastics craziness against metahumans armed with a gun and a mallet. The lady who is literally a plant elemental and only recently came back into being one Ivy from being split into two Ivies. But bisexuality is what's unnatural? Hahahahaha. You realize that plurality of sexual partners and experiences is a normative aspect of both human and wider animal behaviors and lives? You do you, but the ladies are gonna continue being bi-bi-biiii. It's in comics, it's on tv, it's in the greater media conscious of those into superhero comics and media productions. Make your peace with it.

Incredible Member

Haha, "more natural". You realize we're talking about superhero comics, right? The lady who dresses in a catsuit and flings herself from skyscraper to skyscraper and breaks into the most fortified places to steal shiny things. The lady who was a psychologist before she went off the deep end and got brainwashed and abused by the Joker, got her skin bleached, had Ivy give her enhanced powers in Post-Crisis, and somehow can do gymnastics craziness against metahumans armed with a gun and a mallet. The lady who is literally a plant elemental and only recently came back into being one Ivy from being split into two Ivies. But bisexuality is what's unnatural? Hahahahaha. You realize that plurality of sexual partners and experiences is a normative aspect of both human and wider animal behaviors and lives? You do you, but the ladies are gonna continue being bi-bi-biiii. It's in comics, it's on tv, it's in the greater media conscious of those into superhero comics and media productions. Make your peace with it.
    You forgot people coming back from the dead in some cases multiple times, being immortal, flying in the air, firing lasers from their eyes, invulnerable to bullets etc etc.

I'm not going to do that, because I don't like it. And that's just the thing animals are smart enough to know what their gender is. They don't mate with the same gender because it is impossible to reproduce that way and that's the reason why they mate, to reproduce. If it was really a good thing then it would have been made to where you can reproduce with the same gender, but you can't do that can you? I know for a fact that two males can't reproduce and females cannot reproduce by themselves, they need a guy to do that, and guys need a girl to reproduce, or that's not gonna happen no matter how hard you try. That's how you know that is unnatural and not right, cause everything was made reproduce, and if you can't then there is reason for it. That's why I don't like it and I think it's unnatural. You've got to use common since with these things nowadays, cause if you don't, you will look like an idiot, it's like nobody uses common since anymore.

Incredible Member

I'm not going to do that, because I don't like it. And that's just the thing animals are smart enough to know what their gender is. They don't mate with the same gender because it is impossible to reproduce that way and that's the reason why they mate, to reproduce. If it was really a good thing then it would have been made to where you can reproduce with the same gender, but you can't do that can you? I know for a fact that two males can't reproduce and females cannot reproduce by themselves, they need a guy to do that, and guys need a girl to reproduce, or that's not gonna happen no matter how hard you try. That's how you know that is unnatural and not right, cause everything was made reproduce, and if you can't then there is reason for it. That's why I don't like it and I think it's unnatural. You've got to use common since with these things nowadays, cause if you don't, you will look like an idiot, it's like nobody uses common since anymore.
    You're purposefully being obtuse. You may do not need to like or condone homo or bisexual behavior in the animal kingdom but you simply cannot deny that it exists in the natural world, therefore, it is "natural". You won't read but don't pretend your willful ignorance means your opinion is fact:
    https://www.yalescientific.org/2012/...homosexuality/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals

Anyway, I'm missing HarlIvy from the show already. I know the creators said they weren't going to break them up, but we'll see. Frontier was completely right about them skewing Harley towards heroism. I have to eat my hat haha.

You've got to use common since with these things nowadays, cause if you don't, you will look like an idiot, it's like nobody uses common since anymore.
    That’s quite a sentence.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    That’s quite a sentence.
    What's that supposed to mean, are you calling me an idiot? I do use common since, other wise I wouldn't have said what I did, only someone with common since would say something like that. I never said any body here was an idiot, you don't have a right to call me that, I didn't say anybody was an idiot. I am not an idiot, I don't care what you say, I'm not an idiot.

Jenny Frisson variant for Poison Ivy #8

Jeff Dekal variant

Sam Wolfe Connelly variant

Janaina Medieros variant for Issue #6

Jenny Frisson variant (honestly they should pay her to illustrate an entire Ivy coffee table book of pictures at this point)

Zoe Thorogood variant
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-04-2022 at 11:55 AM.

G Willow Wilson teasing that Issue #6 will reveal a phrase that describes Ivy's philosophy like how "Good is not a thing you are. It's a thing you do." summarized Kamala Khan's motivations

gww.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Janaina Medieros variant for Issue #6

Jenny Frisson variant (honestly they should pay her to illustrate an entire Ivy coffee table book of pictures at this point)

Zoe Thorogood variant
    Very beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Jenny Frisson variant for Poison Ivy #8

Jeff Dekal variant

Sam Wolfe Connelly variant
    I like this art too! Whoever did this is really talented.

That Dekal variant .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Dekal variant .
    Oh, then they are a very good and talented artist. Love their art!

Whoa, a historic moment. Looks like Ivy will be one of the main players in a line wide DC event for the first time ever, Lazarus Planet, helmed by Mark Waid.