Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men Vote 2022

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Can we vote to get Jean in a real costume?
    Truly the only vote that matters these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This seems a bit premature. The main book has barely even gone anywhere yet. I do realize it will be 5-6 months/issues for the voting to affect any change in lineups, but at the same time, I'm eyerolling a bit. Unless they're just replacing a single cast member or two, not a whole "everyone but Scott and Jean changes" thing. At any rate, I hope Gambit is saved from being background filler in the book he's actually a cast member of. He deserves more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Already? So we will have a new team every 12 months? How will we as readers have a chance to get to see the members interact and grow as a team?

And does this mean that a year IRL is also a year in the comics? Will the characters age?
    It's not a new team a new member Lorna was the only one that is on the X-men from the vote

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Jean, I know you and I love you. You deserve to be on the main team. But if you have to get thrown under the bus to make room for my favorite telekinetic, so be it. I will push you onto the street myself if I have to.

I hope we get enough focus on the current team before we introduce a new member though. Sunfire's barely said or done anything. Synch's focus has mostly been on Laura or the job. Rogue's probably interacted more with Gambit in a couple pages than she has with the rest of the team in 5 issues. I hope we get some more interpersonal relationships before adding more to the team.
    Synch has had the most focus of the whole team imo

I remember thinking that the plan was to change the team after every vote. When searching all I found was a quote from Duggan that says: ( "The interesting way we're gonna do this from now on is, we'll have a yearly Hellfire Gala with a newly elected team," Duggan stated, hesitating slightly "...perhaps.”.) So I can’t find any confirmation on pretty much anything.

If one member is voted in it makes sense if at least one leaves. Duggan can pick anyone he wants since with the exception of Polaris he picked the team and probably has a 12 issue run planned for said character.

It would be fun if the voted in character is the one that leaves. Sort of fair and easy to keep track off. Though I doubt anyone wants Polaris to leave as the title is now.

This voting system would be so much more fun if Marvel didn’t pick the choices the way they did last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    This voting system would be so much more fun if Marvel didn’t pick the choices the way they did last time.
    Imagine how wild that could be. And smart for marketing, because you just know a group of people will gather enough people to vote in a meme candidate like Beak. The media makes tons of articles about it ala Boaty McBoatface, and all eyes are on the book to see how it works out. Imagine Beak wins and ends up driving up the sales for a couple of issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Its kind of annoying that people are picking well known xmen that are already appearing else where or heavily featured in other books. Give me characters that need some development:

Wind Dancer
    Hellion
    Surge
    Magma
    Skin
    Avalanche
    Blink

Nature Girl and Eye Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nature Girl and Eye Boy.
    I don't think you want Nature Girl back in Duggan's hands lol

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Its kind of annoying that people are picking well known xmen that are already appearing else where or heavily featured in other books. Give me characters that need some development:

Wind Dancer
    Hellion
    Surge
    Magma
    Skin
    Avalanche
    Blink
    you can't be shocked at this point these people seriously just want to read the 90s X-men

I'm rooting for Wind Dancer and/or Monet

Is it true we are getting a 2nd team? One led by Scott, and the other Jean? I’d like to see more members make the cut from younger generations (New Mutants, Gen X, Morrison era, etc).. also more diversity.
    I don’t know who is eligible but I’d like to see a main team with:
    1. Dani Moonstar and her Pegasus
    2. Chamber
    3. Monet
    4. Surge
    5. Shard
    6. Darwin

What if Madelyne joins Scott’s team and Vulcan joins Jean’s team? I want to see sparks fly and drama commence!

I hope this vote has more characters on an equal playing field -- Polaris (and a few others) were way higher profile on the first poll. Someone like Tempo was never winning. I don't need the characters to be Tempo-level necessarily, but I want to see all characters be of the same general status as each other, whether that's a bunch of famous characters or a bunch of obscure characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Is it true we are getting a 2nd team? One led by Scott, and the other Jean? I’d like to see more members make the cut from younger generations (New Mutants, Gen X, Morrison era, etc).. also more diversity.
    I've not heard that anywhere.

Fantastic Member

Alpha Team: Scott (earth team)
    Rouge
    Polaris
    Laura
    Chamber or darwin

Omega Team: Jean (space team)
    Synch
    Sunfire
    Vulcan or Adam X
    Magma or Firestar

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Is it true we are getting a 2nd team?One led by Scott, and the other Jean? I’d like to see more members make the cut from younger generations (New Mutants, Gen X, Morrison era, etc).. also more diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I've not heard that anywhere.
    Nothing has been confirmed but there is some speculation that this may happen because in X-Men issue three Scott and Jean discussed splitting the team with some members staying on earth and some going into space.

This might be a temporary spit and the team get back together as soon as possible or it might lead to a spin-off book.