Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC vs. Vampires #10 Preview

DC vs. Vampires #10 Preview
    Writers: James Tynion IV and Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Otto Schmidt

Starfire versus some powerhouses? Yes please!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Starfire versus some powerhouses? Yes please!
    Not fair! She's got the type advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Not fair! She's got the type advantage.
    Even better .

Incredible Member

So Barbara, Kory, Helena is on the cover... That's a triumvirate of ex-girlfriends comign for your ass, Nightwing.

You know with nightwing being the vampire king you'd think that a city named Bludhaven would be the perfect base of operations.

Incredible Member

A bit of tinfoil hat theory time, but I think Supergirl is secretly infected/turning and there's a ticking clock until it happens unless she burns the infection with sunlight or something.

I'm probably reading too much into this, but she's shown like she's aged 30 years in 30 seconds, we're constantly told how weakened and sickly she is (and sure, Kryptonians lose their powers without sunlight but generally not this much) that she can't barely get out of bed, there was a scene where she aks Atom why doesn't he trust she can save them and don't get an answer (dun dun dun), one of the vampires shown in prior issues was, of all the characters they could have chosen, Power Girl (and identified as such in the dialogue, not just an artwork thing)...
    Last edited by Zagre; 10-22-2022 at 03:47 AM.

Spectacular Member

Didn't Jaina put a stake right through Firestorm's heart in issue 7?

Yup. Just checked. That happened. I guess he must have access to the same magical whimmy-whammy that allows Power Girl to keep her Kryptonian powers without access to sunlight.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Still ridiculous that even with a major Batfam member turned....they make him switch to the good guys team and have Harley still avoid being turned. But it's DC so.....

Spectacular Member

They really are going to have to explain why Damian is the sole vampire to retain his ‘humanity’ once turned. Yes, we’ve got various fan-theories, but his ability to retain compassion and ignore the horror-hunger (and to bring other vampires back from the dark side) should have something to do with the conclusion of this story.

Also, too, while I’m having a moan, how in the hell was half-demon Raven turned in issue 7 when it’s canon to this universe that demon blood is acid poison to vampires? Plastic Man should have turned to sludge right then and there from supping on diluted Trigon juice.

And I really, really wish they’d stop presenting the vampire bite as the thing that turns people, when it’s canon to this universe that it’s drinking vampire blood that does it. Yes, being bitten can - kill - you, since that’s a big artery with a hole in it, and yes, being bitten by a super like Wonder Woman with (forgive me) super-suction could drain you very quickly, but just once it would be nice to see someone surviving a bite and hitting back.

Moan over. Better out than in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    They really are going to have to explain why Damian is the sole vampire to retain his ‘humanity’ once turned. Yes, we’ve got various fan-theories, but his ability to retain compassion and ignore the horror-hunger (and to bring other vampires back from the dark side) should have something to do with the conclusion of this story.

Also, too, while I’m having a moan, how in the hell was half-demon Raven turned in issue 7 when it’s canon to this universe that demon blood is acid poison to vampires? Plastic Man should have turned to sludge right then and there from supping on diluted Trigon juice.

And I really, really wish they’d stop presenting the vampire bite as the thing that turns people, when it’s canon to this universe that it’s drinking vampire blood that does it. Yes, being bitten can - kill - you, since that’s a big artery with a hole in it, and yes, being bitten by a super like Wonder Woman with (forgive me) super-suction could drain you very quickly, but just once it would be nice to see someone surviving a bite and hitting back.

Moan over. Better out than in.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh that cracked me up, they have to explain it! Oh you made my day with that joke!

Yeah, no, DC ain't going to explain Jack for a story this poorly made and if they do i will go get a hat and eat it.

Extraordinary Member

Damian
    Harley Quinn
    The birds of prey about to rush assault the Vampire king Nightwing . Finally a good place to jump in

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Still ridiculous that even with a major Batfam member turned....they make him switch to the good guys team and have Harley still avoid being turned. But it's DC so.....
    Actually it’s a little more then just Harley is not turned. She’s also the hope for humanity because the anti-vampire weapon is in her blood.

Remember that scene all the way back in issue 1 when Lex got a vial of his own blood and it could destroy vampires? Somehow Harley got it, don’t ask me how, and it’s in her blood.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    They really are going to have to explain why Damian is the sole vampire to retain his ‘humanity’ once turned.
    They won't. They probably just thought it's cool and fits Damian character. And also they're seemingly setting up Barbara and Damian against Dick, as his closest people in Bat-Fam, who's still alive at this point.

They also let Batwoman retain her humanity as well
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.