Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't mind Ben knowing how to brew a magic potion or using a magical item in scenarios where its necessary but I have to say no to him having inherent magical or meta human abilities.

Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Oliver Queen, Cassandra Cain plus most of the Bat Fam and Arrow Fam are all characters who should never, ever have super powers. Black Canary is the only exception only because she's had her power for so long and it fits thematically with the character.
    He doesn't have to have powers, but even the majority of people you mentioned (Batfamily and Arrow family) use weapons and tools to aid them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    New game called Sifu came out which could be a pretty good model for Ben. Though knowing DC and WB they'd probably look at it and think it would make a good batman game.

On another note batman who knows almost every martial arts in the world still needs gadgets, armor, and vehicles to fight. I also read somewhere deathstroke was superhuman, has some sort of regeneration ability plus weapons. Even Black Canary has her sonic scream on top of being a expert fighter. Does Ben need tools or spells to even the playing field with other street levels?
    He just needs someone to remember that he's a bad ass. And for writers to push characters that don't have a movie coming out

Ben is a badass. The definitive aspects of his character

-a peer of Shiva, Richard, and Shiva. The pinnacle of Martial Artists above Batman
    -Former member of the suicide squad and League of Assasins
    -Beat Batman twice with pure martial arts skills (probably his biggest claim to fame)

Those are his truly definitive comic moments. Yes, I know other things have happened. Romance with Vixen, Beating Deathstroke etc. etc. but those are all par for the course. Plus those haven't defined his character, unlike the other items I mentioned. Then after those defining moments writers either have him as a martial arts master, an old martial arts master, or a villain.

I know some people might take umbrage at how certain writers treat him in relation to Batman, but that's not exclusive to Ben.

Bruce is treated differently than he was a few decades ago. He is that shining star, so if you keep that in mind in relation to every other character. It's more understandable. It's kind of like with Arrow. That character started the tv universe. He was "that guy"
    The J-man

One of my favourite characters, but sadly, like many of my favourite characters these days, he gets little to no exposure in the DCU. (Unless he's in something I don't know about)

Would anyone be interested in a team up between Ben and John Butcher?

I never read anything with Butcher, just saw a feel images online and he looks really cool, DC should do something with him.

About Ben, a good R-rated HBO Max show or movie, directed by Gareth Evans is what I want to see. I mean, the protagonist of Gangs of London, Sope Dirisu would be great as Bronze Tiger.

Finally watched Batman: Soul of the Dragon on HBO Max. Bronze Tiger (voiced by Michael Jai White) was so great! Can’t believe DC isn’t utilizing Ben.

I did find it funny that they basically gave him Luke Cage’s costume.

Hopefully the Black Canary movie finally gives Bronze Tiger the attention he deserves.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-07-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Finally watched Batman: Soul of the Dragon on HBO Max. Bronze Tiger (voiced by Michael Jai White) was so great! Can’t believe DC isn’t utilizing Ben.

I did find it funny that they basically gave him Luke Cage’s costume.

Hopefully the Black Canary movie finally gives Bronze Tiger the attention he deserves.
    Ben's appearing in the Black Canary movie?

Ultimate Member

There's a Black Canary movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    One of my favourite characters, but sadly, like many of my favourite characters these days, he gets little to no exposure in the DCU. (Unless he's in something I don't know about)
    I'll never understand how DC can have such little desire to use Bronze Tiger and Mister Terrific. It's absurd.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I'll never understand how DC can have such little desire to use Bronze Tiger and Mister Terrific. It's absurd.
    Agreed with your point regarding BT but DC have given MT/ Holt plenty of shine waaaaay more than BT.

Ultimate Member

So Ben's in Rogues, an elseworld.

He's an odd addition, IMO. As muscle, I don't see what good he'd be in Gorilla City. So I'm unfortunately seeing him as cannon fodder

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Ben's appearing in the Black Canary movie?
    When the Black Canary flick was announced and it was revealed that it would be a martial arts focused story, the director tweeted emojis of a bird, a karate gee, a dragon (possibly Richard Dragon), a green heart (maybe a reference to Green Arrow as the love interest?), and a tiger (which most assumed was a reference to Bronze Tiger).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I had no idea Ben was going to be a recurring character in Rouges. I saw him in the preview but didn't think much of it. Looks like this book has my attention!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    When the Black Canary flick was announced and it was revealed that it would be a martial arts focused story, the director tweeted emojis of a bird, a karate gee, a dragon (possibly Richard Dragon), a green heart (maybe a reference to Green Arrow as the love interest?), and a tiger (which most assumed was a reference to Bronze Tiger).
    Where was this?