Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I'll never understand how DC can have such little desire to use Bronze Tiger and Mister Terrific. It's absurd.
    I think Mr. Terrific has gotten a good push with his own series, but they don't seem to have any love for Bronze Tiger.

I've always been attracted to heroes with a rebellious streak, (Vic Sage, Roy Harper, Ben Turner, Jason Todd) but I find that the bad boys of the DCU don't get the push that they would if they were over at Marvel.

Which is a shame, because in my opinion, Bronze Tiger has a WHOLE lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I think Mr. Terrific has gotten a good push with his own series, but they don't seem to have any love for Bronze Tiger.

I've always been attracted to heroes with a rebellious streak, (Vic Sage, Roy Harper, Ben Turner, Jason Todd) but I find that the bad boys of the DCU don't get the push that they would if they were over at Marvel.

Which is a shame, because in my opinion, Bronze Tiger has a WHOLE lot of potential.
    Mister Terrific has been on a few team books, but given the nature of his character he can do some much more. Tom King showed us a very cool side of him in Strange Adventures. We saw him shooting guns, boxing, speaking languages nearly impossible to learn. He had swagger with the intelligence and should've been the star of the book being he was the most interesting character by far lol. Bronze Tiger I guess is showing up in some villain based book so I guess we'll see if anything gets done but he needs his own series in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed with your point regarding BT but DC have given MT/ Holt plenty of shine waaaaay more than BT.
    I agree when in comparison to Ben he has, but I think Terrific has A-list potential if put in the right hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where was this?
    https://www.themarysue.com/misha-gre...-canary-movie/

Ultimate Member

I agree when in comparison to Ben he has, but I think Terrific has A-list potential if put in the right hands.
    Mr. T could be great if one were inclined to write techno pulp.

As much as I like Bronze Tiger, I don't see much potential for solo material. He doesn't have enough internal conflict for a solo story, and works better in an ensemble IMO.

Lets just hope and pray that DC starts paying better attention to the internal logic of their shows and movies, and realize that it's better to have more than just one token hero on the Squad

Mister Terrific has been on a few team books, but given the nature of his character he can do some much more. Tom King showed us a very cool side of him in Strange Adventures. We saw him shooting guns, boxing, speaking languages nearly impossible to learn. He had swagger with the intelligence and should've been the star of the book being he was the most interesting character by far lol. Bronze Tiger I guess is showing up in some villain based book so I guess we'll see if anything gets done but he needs his own series in my opinion!
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you think that Mr. Terrific should be getting more exposure because he is of African decent (and DC requires some more prominent racial diversity in it's top superheroes) than I whole heartedly agree, he should get more of a push.

but otherwise, he's getting a bigger push than any of his JSA counterparts. I don't believe any other JSA member has been given their own title to lead a super team (ie; the Terrifics)

My problem with Mr. Terrrific, and a lot of DC heroes of Afircan descent, and European descent for that matter, is that he is a little too sneaky clean for me in comparison to say Luke Cage or Blade over at Marvel that I find much more interesting.

I happen to like Bronze Tiger because I think he is a super cool character, one of my favourite in fact. If I was in charge of DC I'd give him his own mini series to start, and have him appear regularly in a Bat title to jack up his popularity, but alas what I want never seems to come to fruition.

That is cool to hear about Tom King though, I will have to check that out.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

As much as I like Bronze Tiger, I don't see much potential for solo material. He doesn't have enough internal conflict for a solo story, and works better in an ensemble IMO.

Lets just hope and pray that DC starts paying better attention to the internal logic of their shows and movies, and realize that it's better to have more than just one token hero on the Squad
    Care to explain because I don't find this true at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Care to explain because I don't find this true at all.
    Well, what's the why of Ben?

Overall, Ben's a nice, bad ass guy. He has no parents to avenge, no Uncle Ben that he let down, no alien culture to represent.

In Suicide Squad, he was just a man with an intense anger problem who focused that into martial arts. Along the way, he got brainwashed and that's about it.

IMO, the things that motivate him aren't compelling in a story focused on him. And I meant to say series, not story.

Well, what's the why of Ben?

Overall, Ben's a nice, bad ass guy. He has no parents to avenge, no Uncle Ben that he let down, no alien culture to represent.

In Suicide Squad, he was just a man with an intense anger problem who focused that into martial arts. Along the way, he got brainwashed and that's about it.

IMO, the things that motivate him aren't compelling in a story focused on him. And I meant to say series, not story.
    I remember in Hell to Pay they gave him a dead wife to drive him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the comics it's revealed he also had a fiancee hence the film's aspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you think that Mr. Terrific should be getting more exposure because he is of African decent (and DC requires some more prominent racial diversity in it's top superheroes) than I whole heartedly agree, he should get more of a push.

but otherwise, he's getting a bigger push than any of his JSA counterparts. I don't believe any other JSA member has been given their own title to lead a super team (ie; the Terrifics)

My problem with Mr. Terrrific, and a lot of DC heroes of Afircan descent, and European descent for that matter, is that he is a little too sneaky clean for me in comparison to say Luke Cage or Blade over at Marvel that I find much more interesting.

I happen to like Bronze Tiger because I think he is a super cool character, one of my favourite in fact. If I was in charge of DC I'd give him his own mini series to start, and have him appear regularly in a Bat title to jack up his popularity, but alas what I want never seems to come to fruition.

That is cool to hear about Tom King though, I will have to check that out.
    I think he's shown himself willing to step outside the lines of our traditional heroes. In JSA vs Kobra I believe he used his T-spheres to erase someone's memory of something. He was also part of a spy organization like Checkmate so I think he has things they can build on. I guess my gripe would be he's a bit of a tight ass but Tom King just wrote him like a bad ass and made him feel a bit more human in my opinion. I dunno. I really liked Ben in Suicide Squad Hell to Pay. He was by far the best and most interesting character in the film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And how many times have we seen that before?

With Batman, at least it's classic.

Frankly, IMO, the advantage that comic book movies/shows have is that they're original compared to what's come before.

Comic book movies allow protagonists that we've not seen before. And unfortunately for a BT solo movie, we've seen most of his character before.

I'd be happy to see him laying some some smack downs, and laying down the law, in the next Suicide Squad, personally.

Astonishing Member

Did Bronze Tiger ever meet new Batwoman, who like never confronted him over her predecessor's death?

Also did Ben ever find out Kathy is really alive and he angsted all these years for nothing?

I think he's shown himself willing to step outside the lines of our traditional heroes. In JSA vs Kobra I believe he used his T-spheres to erase someone's memory of something. He was also part of a spy organization like Checkmate so I think he has things they can build on. I guess my gripe would be he's a bit of a tight ass but Tom King just wrote him like a bad ass and made him feel a bit more human in my opinion. I dunno. I really liked Ben in Suicide Squad Hell to Pay. He was by far the best and most interesting character in the film.
    I like Mr. Terrrific, he is one of my favourite JSA heroes, but I do find him to be a bit too much of a straight laced techy.

Bronze Tiger on the other hand is a total rebel and bad ass, I've been a fan of him for decades going all the way back to the Suicide Squad. (Plus he is part of the Kung Fu Trinity, Richard the Dragon, Lady Shiva, Ben Turner)

I was bred on DC, but my major gripe with the company is that Marvel has all their oddballs and rebels in the forefront (Wolverine, Johnny Blaze, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, ECB ect) where in DC the majority of them seem to take a back seat to boy scouts like Superman, who is a noble honest farm boy....but kind of flat and boring as well.

Not really, his primary arc is seeking redemption for all the people he killed while mind controlled.

That could work as either as a solo series or an ensemble series. The question is what do you do with him after he snaps out of his mind control.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly