Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, what's the why of Ben?

Overall, Ben's a nice, bad ass guy. He has no parents to avenge, no Uncle Ben that he let down, no alien culture to represent.

In Suicide Squad, he was just a man with an intense anger problem who focused that into martial arts. Along the way, he got brainwashed and that's about it.

IMO, the things that motivate him aren't compelling in a story focused on him. And I meant to say series, not story.
    Him being mind control doesn’t end there. He’s did things that scarred him for life. His motivation is to redeem that by doing good. He suffered anger issues as a child and was used for most of his life. If that’s not enough for a character driven book then I don’t know what is.

Ben is appearing in Harley's Task Force XX arc. Praying this does him some good because this can either be good or very bad.

HARLEY QUINN #18
    Written by STEPHANIE PHILLIPS
    Art by GEORGES DUARTE
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    1:25 variant cover by ROSE BESCH
    Homage variant cover by RYAN SOOK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/2/22
    One small step for the Gotham villains, one giant leap for clown-kind! That's right…this fashionably vocal clown is headed to space. Turns out there's some old experiment left in the JLA moon base, and Luke Fox has put together a team of former villains to help clean up the mess.
    Sendin' a buncha villains to the moon…? What could go right? Join me, Killer Frost, Bronze Tiger, Solomon Grundy, and more as we learn to moonwalk and put the X in Task Force XX!

HARLEY QUINN #19
    Art by GEORGES DUARTE
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by JIMBOBOX
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    Clown's log, stardate 2022. Our mission is going perfectly, as long as you ignore that missile that the U.S. military launched at our spacecraft; the mysterious, unknown creature running wild on the JLA moon base; and Solomon Grundy losing his lunch all over Bronze Tiger. So, other than all that…things are great! So, hey, this Harley Quinn event sure is rocketing forward! Space puns, dead ahead!

HARLEY QUINN #20
    Art by GEORGES DUARTE
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by JAY ANACLETO
    ON SALE 8/16/22
    I went to the moon to eat cheese and fight aliens…and I'm all outta cheese. Actually, there wasn't any cheese. I think that's a myth…but aliens, hooo boy, do we have aliens! Horace Reginald Giger would be proud! What? No…I'm positive that's what "H.R." stands for. Anyway, this alien-monster-thing might not get a chance to devour Task Force XX, because we're probably gonna kill each other first. What'd you expect, sendin' a buncha angry villains to space without any cheese?
    I warned ya! The Harley Quinn and Task Force XX space event you've always needed continues here. Cheese not included.

HARLEY QUINN #21
    Art by SIMONE BUONFANTINO
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by ZU ORZU
    Swimsuit variant cover by MEGAN HUANG
    ON SALE 8/23/22
    Nuke it from orbit…is what we shoulda done to this whole entire moon. Who needs a moon anyway? I blame Luke Fox for sending a team of villains into space to fight a horrific alien monster in the first place. Obviously, that was just never going to work out well. Has Luke ever seen a sci-fi movie? And now you're expectin' me to save Earth with just my super-awesome-mallet-of-alien- skull-crashing-madness™? Okay, you asked for it…

HARLEY QUINN 2022 ANNUAL #1
    Art by SIMONE BUONFANTINO and others
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY
    1:25 variant cover by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/30/22
    Do you know what ol' Grandma Quinzel used to say? "Live long and fight alien
    monsters to save Earth!" She was full of wisdom like that. And only Task Force XX
    can save our little blue marble from suffering a full-scale alien takeover! Not all of
    us are going to survive, but at least we'll look really good dying thanks to Luke Fox
    providin' some new gear. Tune in for the final installment of Harley Quinn's Task
    Force XX Space Extravaganza, plus the start of a new status quo for Harley Quinn!

Arc was hinted at in Shadow War Zone

So random...but at least it's something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember in Hell to Pay they gave him a dead wife to drive him.
    Actually he does have a nephew somewhere.

In the Richard Dragon first series-he had a sister who was killed over her company and he met a nephew-who got called Ben Jr.

So he has him somewhere.

Uggh....I love Ben Turner.....but a Harley Quinn led team that looks like a kiddie comic.....I can't stomach that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Uggh....I love Ben Turner.....but a Harley Quinn led team that looks like a kiddie comic.....I can't stomach that.
    Hopefully he at least gets treated with a shred of dignity...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ben is appearing in Harley's Task Force XX arc. Praying this does him some good because this can either be good or very bad.

HARLEY QUINN #18
    Art by GEORGES DUARTE
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by ROSE BESCH
    ON SALE 8/2/22
    One small step for the Gotham villains, one giant leap for clown-kind! That's right…this fashionably vocal clown is headed to space. Turns out there's some old experiment left in the JLA moon base, and Luke Fox has put together a team of former villains to help clean up the mess.
    Sendin' a buncha villains to the moon…? What could go right? Join me, Killer Frost, Bronze Tiger, Solomon Grundy, and more as we learn to moonwalk and put the X in Task Force XX!

HARLEY QUINN #19
    Art by GEORGES DUARTE
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by JIMBOBOX
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    Clown's log, stardate 2022. Our mission is going perfectly, as long as you ignore that missile that the U.S. military launched at our spacecraft; the mysterious, unknown creature running wild on the JLA moon base; and Solomon Grundy losing his lunch all over Bronze Tiger. So, other than all that…things are great! So, hey, this Harley Quinn event sure is rocketing forward! Space puns, dead ahead!

HARLEY QUINN #20
    Art by GEORGES DUARTE
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by JAY ANACLETO
    ON SALE 8/16/22
    I went to the moon to eat cheese and fight aliens…and I'm all outta cheese. Actually, there wasn't any cheese. I think that's a myth…but aliens, hooo boy, do we have aliens! Horace Reginald Giger would be proud! What? No…I'm positive that's what "H.R." stands for. Anyway, this alien-monster-thing might not get a chance to devour Task Force XX, because we're probably gonna kill each other first. What'd you expect, sendin' a buncha angry villains to space without any cheese?
    I warned ya! The Harley Quinn and Task Force XX space event you've always needed continues here. Cheese not included.

HARLEY QUINN #21
    Art by SIMONE BUONFANTINO
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    1:25 variant cover by ZU ORZU
    Swimsuit variant cover by MEGAN HUANG
    ON SALE 8/23/22
    Nuke it from orbit…is what we shoulda done to this whole entire moon. Who needs a moon anyway? I blame Luke Fox for sending a team of villains into space to fight a horrific alien monster in the first place. Obviously, that was just never going to work out well. Has Luke ever seen a sci-fi movie? And now you're expectin' me to save Earth with just my super-awesome-mallet-of-alien- skull-crashing-madness™? Okay, you asked for it…

HARLEY QUINN 2022 ANNUAL #1
    Art by SIMONE BUONFANTINO and others
    Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY
    1:25 variant cover by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/30/22
    Do you know what ol' Grandma Quinzel used to say? "Live long and fight alien
    monsters to save Earth!" She was full of wisdom like that. And only Task Force XX
    can save our little blue marble from suffering a full-scale alien takeover! Not all of
    us are going to survive, but at least we'll look really good dying thanks to Luke Fox
    providin' some new gear. Tune in for the final installment of Harley Quinn's Task
    Force XX Space Extravaganza, plus the start of a new status quo for Harley Quinn!

I so hate his (New 52) redesign.
    And then the turning into a tiger...
    Still waiting for a "back to basics" design.
    A mini-series would be good.

Extraordinary Member

So random...but at least it's something.
    If Harley Quinn leads to to the resurgence of Bronze Tiger and Vixen I’ll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If Harley Quinn leads to to the resurgence of Bronze Tiger and Vixen I’ll take it.
    An outcome so unexpected it could only come through Harley .

I hope we get some good fight scenes. Haven't seen him in action for years now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hope we get some good fight scenes. Haven't seen him in action for years now.
    Like shiva and Richard dragon he doesn’t get used to their potential due to that fighter heirarchy

Like shiva and Richard dragon he doesn’t get used to their potential due to that fighter heirarchy
    Or not getting more chances to show off DC's martial artists...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I so hate his (New 52) redesign.
    And then the turning into a tiger...
    Still waiting for a "back to basics" design.
    A mini-series would be good.
    I hate how DC hates the Tiger mask. I understand the history behind it and the reason why he doesn't wear it but it's lame.

Extraordinary Member

Or not getting more chances to show off DC's martial artists...
    How, to maintain their titles as the best they can’t loose, shiva is an intimidating wall for street characters but she not allowed to interfere much. I think we will see her in Robin soon, but with Williamson leaving who knows if Connor and her will ever pick up.