Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    This is, IMHO, the best costume update I can remember seeing. Always found the Luchador leather costume really stupid. The update Speedball gave him prior to Infinity War was "meh". It was a good-looking costume, however, IMHO, generic. Meh! Now, this one SCREAMS RAGE to me! I find it awsome. Too bad most creators don't seem to agree with me, as the Luchador one keeps making a comeback.

Peace
    LOL! Always liked the original Luchador-Mask/Leather Combo that Rage once wore, but I definitely see your point...

As you said, the updated outfit really is quite exemplary.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-election-2022

Firestar is a candidate in the X-Men Election 2022

Personally, I don't think Firestar should be voted as an X-Man because she barely did anything when she was in X-Men.
    Firestar had more impact in New Warriors than any other teams.

Firestar as a Hellion....brainwashed by Emma Frost who killed her pony.
    Firestar as a New Warrior....she's a hero through and through. Had a relationship with Vance.
    Firestar as an Avenger....she got a special suit by Hank Pym and did some Avenger stuff before fading into limbo.
    Firestar in Young Allies....barely did anything special. In fact, her younger teammates got more screentime than her.
    Firestar as an X-Man....barely did anything special because she's been overshadowed by Wolverine and the other A-List X-Men. So she just lingers in the background.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-election-2022

Firestar is a candidate in the X-Men Election 2022

Personally, I don't think Firestar should be voted as an X-Man because she barely did anything when she was in X-Men.
    Well why would they write her to do nothing this time?

I think it would be better for her character to be showcased in a top selling book over nothing at all.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Well why would they write her to do nothing this time?

I think it would be better for her character to be showcased in a top selling book over nothing at all.
    If she does nothing in the book-that does not help her.

It did not help Cyborg in Justice League.
    It did not help Duke Thomas in Batman.

If they sit in the background and do nothing that only makes them less desirable and if they sniff a solo series-nobody will read it because that top selling book did them no justice.

The New Warriors (consisting of Night Thrasher, Justice, Speedball and Namorita) had their cameo appearance in Fantastic Four: Reckoning War Alpha #1. The New Warriors are fighting alongside with Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, She-Hulk and Jack of Hearts, against the Badoon invaders.

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

The New Warriors (consisting of Night Thrasher, Justice, Speedball and Namorita) had their cameo appearance in Fantastic Four: Reckoning War Alpha #1. The New Warriors are fighting alongside with Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, She-Hulk and Jack of Hearts, against the Badoon invaders.
    Cool. I'm definitely getting that trade.

Peace

Take note of the costumes, Namorita particularly. Seems to be the ones from the cancelled mini. Also, note the professionalism of two of the Champions teaming up with them, after the events of Outlawed. Kamala really ought to have a grudge, but there was no sign of that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Take note of the costumes, Namorita particularly. Seems to be the ones from the cancelled mini. Also, note the professionalism of two of the Champions teaming up with them, after the events of Outlawed. Kamala really ought to have a grudge, but there was no sign of that.
    I believe that Snowguard, Nadia, Starling, Red Locust and Bombshell are more likely to have a grudge against the New Warriors (especially Justice, Speedball and Timeslip) because they were arrested and put into re-education centers in that horrid event.

Astonishing Member

The Warriors were also just enforcing the law at the time--they were not the ones who created or ran the corrupt internment camps where the captured teen heroes were being abused. The Warriors would have been just as appalled as the public when that came to light--and I don't recall seeing any further evidence of any of the Warriors continuing to work with C.R.A.D.L.E. after Roxxon's involvement and criminal actions were exposed. I would like to think that most of the Champions are mature enough to put the blame where it is due, and recognize that the Warriors were not actually their enemy.

Astonishing Member

Just curious, but does anyone know if this is the first time we've officially seen Namorita back since Civil War, outside of the intended plans for the series last year? Or am I missing an appearance somewhere?

She was in one of the earliest issues of the current Fantastic Four run, alongside everyone else who's ever been in the FF. She actually came back originally at the end of the Nova series that launched at around the same time as Civil War, rescued from before the 2005 New Warriors series by time displacement thanks to the Sphinx, one of Rich's classic rogues. However, she was stranded on an alien world due to Rich's imprisonment and presumed death in the Cancerverse, hence why she was missing in the 2013 New Warriors series.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Warriors were also just enforcing the law at the time--they were not the ones who created or ran the corrupt internment camps where the captured teen heroes were being abused. The Warriors would have been just as appalled as the public when that came to light--and I don't recall seeing any further evidence of any of the Warriors continuing to work with C.R.A.D.L.E. after Roxxon's involvement and criminal actions were exposed. I would like to think that most of the Champions are mature enough to put the blame where it is due, and recognize that the Warriors were not actually their enemy.
    Too bad that the New Warriors mini didn't get released, as it would've probably shown how they reacted to the events in Champions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was in one of the earliest issues of the current Fantastic Four run, alongside everyone else who's ever been in the FF. She actually came back originally at the end of the Nova series that launched at around the same time as Civil War, rescued from before the 2005 New Warriors series by time displacement thanks to the Sphinx, one of Rich's classic rogues. However, she was stranded on an alien world due to Rich's imprisonment and presumed death in the Cancerverse, hence why she was missing in the 2013 New Warriors series.
    Gotcha, thanks!

I'm reading the original New Warriors series for the first time. In the first nine issues, there are three instances in which the Warriors have to walk away from a fight or let the villains go due to lack of evidence or even the Warriors themselves also having broken some laws. Does this happen often in other Marvel books at the time or before then?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm reading the original New Warriors series for the first time. In the first nine issues, there are three instances in which the Warriors have to walk away from a fight or let the villains go due to lack of evidence or even the Warriors themselves also having broken some laws. Does this happen often in other Marvel books at the time or before then?
    The original Warriors series questioned many of the frequent tropes of the superhero world. It was quite refreshing, at the time.

Peace