Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]I know, right?! Taking on super-heavyweights like Terrax & Juggernaut right out of the gate...?! Man, that definitely raises some street-cred (LOL):
    Yeah, reading these first issues made me think a lot about the Warriors' rogues gallery. Many of the threats they faced never came back to menace them again, such as the new Star Thief or Bengal, or were not exactly villains for them, such as the Thinker, Primus and even G-Tech. Sphinix, no doubt, especially the female one, is the Warriors' Dr. Doom, or Ultron, or Kang. However, after that, they lack a bit recurrent threats. Psionex came back a couple of times, however, lost most of it's members (and, honestly, they never excited me much). Tai was a big bad, however, she died after their first major confrontation, to never return again. Force of Nature also didn't cause that much of an impact, even oif they did come back a couple of times. The Poison Memories may have, arguably, given the Warriors their most devastating blow, however, they also, like Tai, proved to be a one time deal. Midnight Fire, for me, was the other side of Thrash's coin, that, IMHO, didn't live up to it's potential. He was introduced and someone as smart and dangerous as Thrash, however, he was soon relegated to a glorified henchman for the Folding Circle (another one time threat). IMHO, Midnight Fire should have led a team that could have been the anti-Warriors, whose members would not have been just warm bodies, but people with a real bones to pick with the Warriors. Some of the Folding circle, such as Silk Fever, a great match for Firestar, may fit the bill. The first run of the Warriors is one of my all-time favorites, however, as much as they faced incredible threats, I do think they needed more recurring bad guys.

Peace

George Perez (RIP)

Nice touch by the letterer there, the credits font is the same as the original New Warriors logo.

Anyway, we have some news. There's a new Marvel game they've been teasing on Twitter, we'll be getting more details in a couple of hours. And among a bunch of logos shown at the end are Nova and Debrii! I don't know which Nova it is (the logo is the one from the most recent run, which starred both Rich and Sam, and even if they'd used the old logo, Sam inherited that from Rich), but it seems we have one very unexpected New Warrior in that new game.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1526970876960198656
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    George Perez (RIP)

For a nice long while, the Warriors were Marvel's version of the New Teen Titans for me.

That was probably the intention, a competitor to Titans, as they debuted while New Titans was still running.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nova and Firestar retro action figures announced (also Moon Knight and Spider-Man).
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...e-from-hasbro/

I'm a huge fan of the New Warriors - http://newwarriors.com/

Curious what everyone would have for a roster - if you could only pick ONE of the original members (Night Thrasher, Firestar, Speedball, Nova, Namorita or Justice)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

Curious what everyone would have for a roster - if you could only pick ONE of the original members (Night Thrasher, Firestar, Speedball, Nova, Namorita or Justice)
    OMG that's tough

Night Thrasher
    Rage
    Silhouette
    Timeslip
    Darkhawk
    Dagger

Astonishing Member

Let's see....

Speedball
    Silhouette
    Turbo
    Ultra Girl
    Bolt
    Hummingbird
    Haechi
    Timeslip

Richard showed up in X-Men Red, but he doesn't look himself. Shouldn't his hair be brown, not black?

In any case, it sounds like he might be a regular in the book!

Nova AND Firestar (hopefully) in the X-Men!

Yeah, Angelica's a candidate for the main team isn't she?

Of course, Red's written by Al Ewing, so he's probably bringing Nova in to continue a story he couldn't get to in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Richard showed up in X-Men Red, but he doesn't look himself. Shouldn't his hair be brown, not black?

Yes, his hair is brown not black, but, for me, that's the least they got shockingly wrong. For the life of me, I can't imagine Rich Rider seeing a therapist. No matter the amount of trauma he's had in his life (and yeah, he's had A LOT!).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Ewing had him mention his therapist again!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post

OMG that's tough

Night Thrasher
    Rage
    Silhouette
    Timeslip
    Darkhawk
    Dagger
    In agreement with you about this being tough. But, I'll do my best anyway...

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-30-2022 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.