Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    spoilers:
    Vance Astrovik appears in this week's issue of Fantastic Four where he is fighting alongside with Captain America and Namor against those Badoon invaders. Also, Vance borrows Cap's mighty shield and wields it like his future counterpart, Major Victory.
    Besides Vance, Richard Rider appears in a cameo in this same Fantastic Four comic where he is battling an alien in space.
    end of spoilers
    That sounds awesome .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see that part of the reason that Vance was prosecuted was due to where the crime was committed. Have Vance shown interacting with law enforcement and prosecutors as an employee of Child Watch and be told that if he had killed his father in Texas or Florida it would have been treated as self defense.
    In fairness, the prosecution didn't charge him with murder, it was manslaughter based on the fact that the nature of his powers would have allowed Vance to easily defend himself using non lethal force. That reasoning wouldn't apply to gun owners

I would love for Slott to write the OG New Warriors.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, the prosecution didn't charge him with murder, it was manslaughter based on the fact that the nature of his powers would have allowed Vance to easily defend himself using non lethal force. That reasoning wouldn't apply to gun owners
    The prosecutor even made a little stunt during the trail to press that point.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Didn't Vance give David Bank his old Marvel Boy costume with his blessing to become the new Marvel Boy?
    Is "Marvel Boy" a cursed name or what? I'm still reeling from Hulkling never taking on that name as was planned when the Young Avengers gave up the pretense of being "fake" legacy characters...only for most of them to actually BE legacy characters anyway. We could have Emperor Marvel now!

I had NO idea that there was a planned streaming series that was scuttled:
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-new-wa...ed-why-reason/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

It wasn't for streaming. Freeform is a cable channel, formerly called The Family Channel, Fox Family, and ABC Family.

As for the Marvel Boy name, didn't Noh-Varr debut around the same time the Young Avengers did? In which case, the reason Teddy never took it is because it was already taken.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2022 at 11:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I don't like Marvel Boy for Vance now...he is a grown man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    But with the history of abuse should Vance have had to hold back? There was a recentish case where an abused wife shot her husband in cold blood while he was shaving. With 2 different guns. Emptied one gun and picked up another and shot him multiple times with that one. She was found not guilty of murder...and convicted only on a weapons charge for one of the guns.

In Vance's case his father was attacking him at the time and he acted to defend himself.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-17-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Double tap

Ultimate Member

But with the history of abuse should Vance have had to hold back? There was a recentish case where an abused wife shot her husband in cold blood while he was shaving. With 2 different guns. Emptied one gun and picked up another and shot him multiple times with that one. She was found not guilty of murder...and convicted only on a weapons charge for one of the guns.

In Vance's case his father was attacking him at the time and he acted to defend himself.
    Depends on the person, though.

Vance was a superhero who survived a throw down with a herald of Galactus. He was a few steps above his father in power levels

Does anyone remember the "big" reveal about the Mad Thinker? He originally appeared in early issues of New Warriors with some kind of secret and then almost 100 issues later we find out that the secret was that he wanted his son to join the team, or something like that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Does anyone remember the "big" reveal about the Mad Thinker? He originally appeared in early issues of New Warriors with some kind of secret and then almost 100 issues later we find out that the secret was that he wanted his son to join the team, or something like that?
    It was his nephew (who has never been seen since as far as I recall) and Thinker hoped the Warriors would be able to adjust to life with powers but the world made the team more jaded sooner then he expected (or something (along those lines)

He was referred to as Marvel MAN in the sideways timeline created by the Sphinx in NEW WARRIORS #11. If Blue Marvel weren't taken (which I think is a misnomer, but I digress) that would be good for Vance. He's not Major Victory like his elder counterpart in GUARDIANS.

Vance would probably have gotten off with a sort of "battered woman defense" (which probably has or SHOULD have a new name by now), where the cycle of abuse causes the victim to snap and retaliate against their abuser in what may appear to be an extreme way.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-18-2022 at 02:34 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    He was referred to as Marvel MAN in the sideways timeline created by the Sphinx in NEW WARRIORS #11. If Blue Marvel weren't taken (which I think is a misnomer, but I digress) that would be good for Vance. He's not Major Victory like his elder counterpart in GUARDIANS.
    Yeah I mentioned Marvel Man earlier. I'd be happy with a change to Marvel Man.

Speaking of Blue Marvel, he's not the first of that name either. I remember reading an issue of Quasar (who used to be called Marvel Boy!) and it featured another character who also used to be called Marvel Boy He stole the quantum bands off of Quasar and changed his name to Blue Marvel.

Actually, Adam's supposed to have been around since the 1960s (extended lifespan is one of his powers, hence why he still looks middle aged when he's actually over 80), so in-universe he still predates this other Blue Marvel.

Who is actually a clone of the first Marvel Boy.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Theli...el)_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-18-2022 at 04:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The original New Warriors make an appearance in the the new Spider-Bot Infinity comic.