Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I think it was Sea King. Or was it Baracuda?
    I know it was Barracuda in Syndicate Rules, but I don't recall what name they used in Forever Evil (pure lazyness, I just have to pick the book in my shelf, but the effort seems too great ).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I know it was Barracuda in Syndicate Rules, but I don't recall what name they used in Forever Evil (pure lazyness, I just have to pick the book in my shelf, but the effort seems too great ).

Peace
    In Syndicate Rules, it was used Barracuda. Pretty lazy in my opinion, the name is overused by several characters. Sea King, the name used in Syndicate Rules sounds better. Aqualord it was the name used in an elseworld.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

I love the expansion of the original five Crime Syndicate to include evil versions of Aquaman, Green Arrow, etc. and the notion that there are 'good-ish' versions of some classic JLA foes attempting an underground resistance against them.

It is interesting that a few of the more classic villains for the Justice League members are non-powered, compared to their super-foes. Superman has Luthor, Flash has various Rogues like Captain Cold, Aquaman has Black Manta, etc. It almost feels like, on Crime Syndicate Earth, 'power corrupts.'

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In Syndicate Rules, it was used Barracuda. Pretty lazy in my opinion, the name is overused by several characters. Sea King, the name used in Forever Evil sounds better. Aqualord it was the name used in an elseworld.
    I think Sea King was in Forever Evil, you wrote Syndicate Rules twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love the expansion of the original five Crime Syndicate to include evil versions of Aquaman, Green Arrow, etc. and the notion that there are 'good-ish' versions of some classic JLA foes attempting an underground resistance against them.

It is interesting that a few of the more classic villains for the Justice League members are non-powered, compared to their super-foes. Superman has Luthor, Flash has various Rogues like Captain Cold, Aquaman has Black Manta, etc. It almost feels like, on Crime Syndicate Earth, 'power corrupts.'
    I guess it makes sense to have them, but I really like the original five. I do not think these additional characters were ever mentioned originlly, so I wonder if "in-comic" they were not known/not found until much later?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Sea King was in Forever Evil, you wrote Syndicate Rules twice.
    Doh! I think I was a little sleepy there. You are right, I meant "Sea King was in Forever Evil".

By the way, also liked the addition of Deathstorm to the Forever Evil Crime Syndicate line-up. It was a new twist to have a fire character opposed to the water character as member.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I would've liked to see a bit more from Sea King. Liked the design.

But Deathstorm was downright terrifying and definitely needs to be seen more with the CS

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I would've liked to see a bit more from Sea King. Liked the design.

But Deathstorm was downright terrifying and definitely needs to be seen more with the CS
    Sea King is a good addition to the CSA.

Deathstorm was good name in Blackest Night...but needs a better name for CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In Syndicate Rules, it was used Barracuda. Pretty lazy in my opinion, the name is overused by several characters. Sea King, the name used in Syndicate Rules sounds better. Aqualord it was the name used in an elseworld.
    Cool. Thanks.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

War for Earth 3 will definitely be interesting for the CS

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-war-fo...itans-academy/

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Sea King is a good addition to the CSA.

Deathstorm was good name in Blackest Night...but needs a better name for CSA.
    How about Starstorm or Meltdown?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    How about Starstorm or Meltdown?
    Good names.

I prefer names that could be for a hero or a villain: Ultraman, Owlman, Super Woman, Johnny Quick, Emerald Knight, Atomica, Sea King. Apparently, that's not easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Good names.

I prefer names that could be for a hero or a villain: Ultraman, Owlman, Super Woman, Johnny Quick, Emerald Knight, Atomica, Sea King. Apparently, that's not easy to do.
    Starstorm I think could be a hero or villain name

Honestly, New 52 is what got me interested in the Crime Syndicate. I think it's the best version, or the most memorable one imo. I also liked the recent Crime Syndicate run. I'm glad the characters are getting explored more, because the Earth 3 world has been slept on and used for cannon fodder way too much. (I still prefer the New 52 run over the recent version, even if the comic is good).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Starstorm I think could be a hero or villain name
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by classyjazzy View Post
    Honestly, New 52 is what got me interested in the Crime Syndicate. I think it's the best version, or the most memorable one imo. I also liked the recent Crime Syndicate run. I'm glad the characters are getting explored more, because the Earth 3 world has been slept on and used for cannon fodder way too much. (I still prefer the New 52 run over the recent version, even if the comic is good).
    I agree. I'm glad the characters are being developed.

DC has finally realized that Super Woman can be more than the wicked Wonder Woman.