I think its too soon to say, personally. Like she was fine in it but didn't have a ton to do. Most of her beats were spent establishing that she's mourning the loss of her daughter and Kate mentioning that there still might be a chance to save her or bring her back at least makes it clear Orlando's not intending to just forgot about that angle and its likely to be a focus of future stories - which was the big thing for me and what I most wanted the Annual to clarify. I'll be super annoyed if after Wanda's spell made it possible to bring back pretty much any mutant in history, somehow Kwannon's daughter ends up one of the only permanent casualties of the modern era, y'know? But I don't get the sense Orlando's intending to just forget her or brush that under the rug, so even if it takes awhile I think we will get to see her reunited with her daughter at last, and that's my big hope for her currently.

I know a lot of people thought she came across as too emotional, even all things considered, because she's normally pretty reserved in her grief.....but personally I think that had more to do with the art than the writing, so I take it with a grain of salt. Like I kinda imagine the script might have just said 'she looks upset here as she looks at this picture' and the artist went pretty heavy on the tears and facial anguish as their interpretation when personally I suspect that wasn't quite Orlando's intent. So.....I'm looking forward to seeing where he takes her, personally. The Annual didn't sell me on his take on her, like oh yeah he definitely gets her or whatever, but it wasn't any kind of dealbreaker either so I'm still in a 'wait and see, but optimistic' mode.