Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Psylocke / Kwannon Appreciation 2022

"Kwannon was the Goddess of Mercy. In Japan, you can find a statue of her holding a child. Mercy is my name. But it is not my way."

Character Profile

Parents: Unknown
    Alias: Psylocke, Kwannon (given to her by the Hand)
    Place of birth: Japan
    Nationality: Japanese, Krakoan
    Height: 5′11″ (1.80 m)
    Weight: 155 lbs (70 kg)
    Eye color: Purple
    Hair color: Black
    Family: Daughter (deceased)
    Previous Occupation: Assassin
    Current Occupation: Great Captain of Krakoa

She will join the crew of the Marauders so let's what the future will hold for the psychic ninja.

Happy New Year to Kwannon and her fans .

Oh just in case someone hasn't read Hellions yet. Just do it. You will not be disappointed

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I have no idea which thread is appropriate for all of my favorite pre-2018 pics now...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

May she prosper w the new Marauders but please keep her hair black.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I never knew she was 5'11"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Here's hoping Matsuo Tsurayaba comes back and not as an antagonist. He's the only one that Kwannon actually loved and his last thoughts were of her. I don't know if he's her daughter's father, but bringing him back might enrichen Kwannon's storyline if they're still in love with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I never knew she was 5'11"
    I copied that from a wiki and I haven't verified it. If someone finds a source saying something otherwise, feel free to post it and I will update the information.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

So excited for her with her new gig at Marauders. I'd like to see how her new team plays into how she sees herself in Krakoa + in the context of Graylocke.

It would also be cool to see what being a Great Captain actually entails. So far it's not really clear. Considering the Trial of Magneto they certainly don't seem to be first line of defense at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It would also be cool to see what being a Great Captain actually entails. So far it's not really clear. Considering the Trial of Magneto they certainly don't seem to be first line of defense at least.
    During war time or combat situations they take over defense and coordination

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Here's hoping Matsuo Tsurayaba comes back and not as an antagonist. He's the only one that Kwannon actually loved and his last thoughts were of her. I don't know if he's her daughter's father, but bringing him back might enrichen Kwannon's storyline if they're still in love with each other.
    She’s in love with Greycow now. Honestly, Matsuo is the past. I can’t see them bringing him back. The Hand killed the father of her child.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s in love with Greycow now. Honestly, Matsuo is the past. I can’t see them bringing him back. The Hand killed the father of her child.
    I can’t remember, but was Matsuo a Mutant?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Based off of the Marauders Annual and the ending of Hellions, there is no indication that she's in love with Greycrow, just that she understands his feelings. Also where did it say the Hand killed the father of his child? I thought that was just whoever trained her, which I don't recall actually being named as the Hand in Fallen Angels. However, if it was Matsuo - the Hand probably resurrected him, as they can do, regardless of whether or not they killed him.

As for writers bringing back Matsuo, you're right, there's a bigger chance they won't than they will. But if he does come back, turning him into an antagonist would be the worst thing possible especially since Mariko - his biggest sin - is no longer even dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I can’t remember, but was Matsuo a Mutant?
    No, but he could easily be retconned into being one. Besides, Matsuo's died several times before, the Hand just kept bringing him back, if I recall.

Done right, this could be one of the X-Men's great love stories:

Betsy did bid for Matsuo to become a better person to honour Kwannon, but in the end she was forced to euthanize him because the Wolverine couldn't move on.

Last edited by Drexelhand; 02-05-2022 at 11:43 PM.

So what are your thoughts on her role in the Mauraders Annual?

I must say that she felt a bit off and her joining happened way too fast but I get that it had a lot of stuff going on so there wasn't the space to flesh out everything a bit more.