Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Did anyone catch psylocke’s new look on xmen monday?
    I thought it was just a space suit...as Bishop is also wearing those colour combinations...either way it's hideous and the "art" doesn't help.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No costume for Kwannon, and please for the love of God keep her out of ANY version of the swimsuit. I actually like the design, it's just so not indicative of who she is, maybe Bets had a reason for wearing it but Kwannon doesn't. Plus she deserves a costume all her own!
    How do you know what’s indicative of who I am? Please explain to me who I am. Bets wore it because she was put in it along with my body, it came as a full set.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I understand why they don't change Kawannon's look but she could really use an upgrade from the "iconic" Psylocke thongkini. And yes...to giving her a red power signature to differentiate her further from Betsy.
    I don’t need to change to prop Betsy, thanks. She’s doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You're awesome as Psylocke. Both you and the creators at Marvel know what you're doing, which is why you're prominently featured in major books. You rock.
    Thank you.

Love,
    Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Uh? Who said anything about propping Betsy? Differentiating from is not Propping.

Nonetheless...I would like Kwannon/Psylocke to move further away from the merged visual and personality with Betsy. Make her more distinct if not in name, then visually.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Uh? Who said anything about propping Betsy? Differentiating from is not Propping.

Nonetheless...I would like Kwannon/Psylocke to move further away from the merged visual and personality with Betsy. Make her more distinct if not in name, then visually.
    Not happening anytime soon because of marketing. She'll have to be well established before they are willing to change her look. Not expecting a major change in 5 years at least.

I know.
    Still, there could be some subtle changes...it's not as though they haven't "tweaked" her before in various iterations. Like the idea of a red signature is perfect and a good start.

I know.
    Still, there could be some subtle changes...it's not as though they haven't "tweaked" her before in various iterations. Like the idea of a red signature is perfect and a good start.
    Yeah and they already started to do so by giving her black hair which goes against Psylocke's most identifying feature. They could do more minor tweaks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah and they already started to do so by giving her black hair which goes against Psylocke's most identifying feature. They could do more minor tweaks
    With time, they most likely will do more minor tweaks. Still, the intention when they made Elizabeth a white woman again was still to keep Asian ninja Psylocke around as she is the most well known Asian mutant and they didn't want to erase her. It's why the only tweak from ninja Psylocke's appearance is Kwannon went back to her natural hair color, as she does not like die.

Just before the Krakoa era, she did get a new costume. That was taken away by Fallen Angels for marketing purposes, it was in Fallen Angels she officially decided to keep the name Psylocke and by then Elizabeth Braddock had decided to give it up.

Sure, then make Betsy’s power signature golden yellow to differentiate her.

I liked that when she first showed up...Psylocke/Kwannon's personality was more distinct, sharp and edgy as compared to Betsy prior the SP (As when she flirted with Scott). So another way they could differentiate Kwannon is by highlighting that darker, more intense persona, on occasion. As much as I loved her in Hellions...that Hand-Assassin demeanor seemed...subdued. Which is fine, it adds to her complexity and merging with Betsy would logically change her in certain ways but...it would be nice to see her darker instincts from time to time.

I liked that when she first showed up...Psylocke/Kwannon's personality was more distinct, sharp and edgy as compared to Betsy prior the SP (As when she flirted with Scott). So another way they could differentiate Kwannon is by highlighting that darker, more intense persona, on occasion. As much as I loved her in Hellions...that Hand-Assassin demeanor seemed...subdued. Which is fine, it adds to her complexity and merging with Betsy would logically change her in certain ways but...it would be nice to see her darker instincts from time to time.
    Just for the record, never been into Scott. Who’s to say that wasn’t all Betsy. Seemed a rather convenient conclusion to make to say it was me at the time but in reality, Bets is the fun and flirty one, flirty is just not how I roll. Maybe she can teach me a thing or two when we embark on our ‘Psylockes’ miniseries.

At this point, I consider us fatefully intertwined and the closest thing to a soul sister if any. I don’t mind if we have similarities. At this point we have each other’s backs and we have a deep understanding. I am for Betsy’s growth and she mine and I don’t see the need to further differentiate us. We’re pretty different but the same.

Love,
    Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Based off of the Marauders Annual and the ending of Hellions, there is no indication that she's in love with Greycrow, just that she understands his feelings. Also where did it say the Hand killed the father of his child? I thought that was just whoever trained her, which I don't recall actually being named as the Hand in Fallen Angels. However, if it was Matsuo - the Hand probably resurrected him, as they can do, regardless of whether or not they killed him.

As for writers bringing back Matsuo, you're right, there's a bigger chance they won't than they will. But if he does come back, turning him into an antagonist would be the worst thing possible especially since Mariko - his biggest sin - is no longer even dead.

No, but he could easily be retconned into being one. Besides, Matsuo's died several times before, the Hand just kept bringing him back, if I recall.

Done right, this could be one of the X-Men's great love stories:

Betsy did bid for Matsuo to become a better person to honour Kwannon, but in the end she was forced to euthanize him because the Wolverine couldn't move on.

'

i loved there love story.personally i never found the kwannon saga confusing for a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    i agree kwannon everyone wants you to change yet betsy gets to keep everything despite the fact that she became popular with those facets while being in your body. i think its betsy who should start changing even reverting more to how she was before the swap. betsy was no ninja or sword wielder until swagger jacking kwannons style. let betsy die her hair hot pink while kwannon keeps the dark purple hair color. let betsys psy powers be pink will kwannons purple.

Just a little Psylocke.

kwannon.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/