Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Where did you get AvX from? They have not properly introduced the XMen yet. Way too soon for AvX.

Judgement Day is kind of like round 2 of AvX, with the Eternals in it. I do think something like this will happen, but the next couple of years is way too soon. Firmly establish the XMen beyond an Xavier variant first.
    Sorry misread your earlier post. I do agree they need fully established first. Their own full Phase, really.

Pretty sure Liz did learn. Liz ended up getting a degree from NYU, unlike her sisters who dropped out because of addiction issues. Her poor sisters were exploited too much.

Tom Holland said Liz told him no is a complete sentence.
    It's good. She does seem really grounded. And it's good she spoke to Tom about Hollywood, because it can be very exploitative.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Lol, I didn't know they made the Star Wars actors hush about that. Benedict has put everything in a kind way, as much as possible.
    Actually, thinking of it, I think it wasn't the actors in general and it was just Mark Hamil, he mentioned a lot that he really didn't agree on the directions Luke was being taken and then, just stopped at some point, by then Disney likely told him to shut up, though it's possible he did regret implying the Luke in the movie was poorly written, which, he did say a lot lol.

The other actors from what I remember were more subtle about it, so maybe Disney didn't have to say something, but Hamil, yeah, they'd be more likely to tell him to stop:

4:53

"In hollywood it's not important if it's of high quality, only if it makes money."

7:40

"I almost had to think of Luke as another character, maybe he's Jake Skywalker, he's not my Luke Skywalker."

There are answers there that can be interpreted in other ways, but those two make it clear he's disappointed, and it'd be more surprising if Disney didn't tell him to shut up, he sounds a lot more disappointed than everyone else, only one I can think of who looked as disappointed is Oscar Isaac, and if he was as disappointed, he was a lot quieter.

I can only wonder what exactly he had to fight for in the movie, because honestly I don't remember him having much of a character arc, and the movie was originally planned to have even less?

Stuff I remember is like, him holding a flame for that chick, then finally moving on, pep talk towards Chavez, toning down his "Must make whatever sacrifices for greater good" mentality, anything else? Legit can't think of anything else.

Tom Holland said Liz told him no is a complete sentence.
    That's really good advice.

It's good. She does seem really grounded. And it's good she spoke to Tom about Hollywood, because it can be very exploitative.
    Considering he worked in so many movies in a few years and his pay check is significantly smaller than the ones who played Spidey before, yeah, it is.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-26-2022 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Feige himself admitted to overworking Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and Robert Downey Jr. So they all left the MCU. He said he didn’t want to make mistake again, so I think he had talks with all major actors about pacing and taking time off. Like Kathryn Hahn got a break between WandaVision and her own show so now it’s time for Liz’s well earned break.

It’s good as it lets them develop other characters that we might now have seen, and gives them time to properly develop XMen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I can only wonder what exactly he had to fight for in the movie, because honestly I don't remember him having much of a character arc, and the movie was originally planned to have even less?

Stuff I remember is like, him holding a flame for that chick, then finally moving on, pep talk towards Chavez, toning down his "Must make whatever sacrifices for greater good" mentality, anything else? Legit can't think of anything else.
    The biggest disappointment is Strange has had far less time to develop his character and still didn't really get the chance in his own film. Maybe his third film will make up for it.

Feige himself admitted to overworking Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and Robert Downey Jr. So they all left the MCU. He said he didn’t want to make mistake again, so I think he had talks with all major actors about pacing and taking time off. Like Kathryn Hahn got a break between WandaVision and her own show so now it’s time for Liz’s well earned break.

It’s good as it lets them develop other characters that we might now have seen, and gives them time to properly develop XMen.
    Yeah overworking actors less is good, plus it can give others time to shine.

The biggest disappointment is Strange has had far less time to develop his character and still didn't really get the chance in his own film. Maybe his third film will make up for it.
    I think the problem is that the movie decided to have more of a horror theme going on, and horror movies don't really need character development, which can even explain why Wanda's motivation and characterization is so basic, and she's not the only one too.

Problem is, if it were a random movie with random characters, that wouldn't really be a problem, but having already established characters, it makes the bland characterization look much worse.

And having to wait for a third movie for the possibility of him getting developed, and I'm not even sure if there's a third movie planned within the next 5 years, man... Sucks for him.

If he's lucky he might show up in a random series and do stuff though.

Or maybe in someone else's movie, I mean Wanda stole his movie from him, maybe he can steal someone else's .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah overworking actors less is good, plus it can give others time to shine.

I think the problem is that the movie decided to have more of a horror theme going on, and horror movies don't really need character development, which can even explain why Wanda's motivation and characterization is so basic, and she's not the only one too.

Problem is, if it were a random movie with random characters, that wouldn't really be a problem, but having already established characters, it makes the bland characterization look much worse.

And having to wait for a third movie for the possibility of him getting developed, and I'm not even sure if there's a third movie planned within the next 5 years, man... Sucks for him.

If he's lucky he might show up in a random series and do stuff though.

Or maybe in someone else's movie, I mean Wanda stole his movie from him, maybe he can steal someone else's .
    I think it could have worked as gothic horror and not slasher horror. Because Strange had gothic horror elements to some of his stories. And obviously Shuma-Gorath is gothic horror inspired. They just went wrong genre, wrong feel. Too much of the dramatic tonal shift.

I think he will get a third movie since they teased that with the post-credits. And I hope they get over fan service bs by then, and just tell stories.

Mary Kate… A List
    Liz… B List
    Ashley… D List
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

david Nakayama https://twitter.com/DavidNakayama/st...35022431965189

A.X.E Eve Of Judgement variant by David Nakayama
    Last edited by juan678; 05-28-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Is she actually in the issue, or just on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Probably just a random variant cover...

I'm guessing only cover too because they haven't shown her to be in the Judgment event.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Probably just a random variant cover...
    I have heard Wanda Takes part in the event, be wasteful if she did not cause of the events of Trial of Magneto being likley so central to the celebrations of the Gala likley.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

The usage of Red is So Well Done and the fact it is styled on a Magazine Cover adding not only to the Gala itself but likely coming off of the events of Trial of Magento to give it such boast is a Major Plus and Honor for Our Wanda in this if done right!

What a Drop-Amazing Magnificent Cover Indeed! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Wanda; "deviants are not mutants",
    Judgement Day finishes lol
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Well done cover… Just not Wanda’s style, in my opinion… The lady is not a pin-up.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe