Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Elizabeth Olsen, as someone who stars in Blockbusters, would be represented by either one of the two top agencies that represent anyone whose anyone. CAA or WMA.

What does this mean? Major producers are also repped by this agency, meaning anytime Liz and Feige want to talk they do.

I have worked in film and I’m a screenwriter, so I know w lot more about the business than the average fan. Due to box office receipts from MoM, plus critical acclaim of WandaVision, Liz Olsen is not going anywhere from the Scarlet Witch role.

She cannot talk about projects that are really early in development that they have not officially announced because people involved have to sign NDAs. She’s vaguely referee to this in interviews.

Someone wanted to debate whether they consider her A list or not because they don’t understand how the industry works or the business decision behind it. But I do.

For the record, consider who you want to A list. It changes nothing in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen, as someone who stars in Blockbusters, would be represented by either one of the two top agencies that represent anyone whose anyone. CAA or WMA.

What does this mean? Major producers are also repped by this agency, meaning anytime Liz and Feige want to talk they do.

I have worked in film and I’m a screenwriter, so I know w lot more about the business than the average fan. Due to box office receipts from MoM, plus critical acclaim of WandaVision, Liz Olsen is not going anywhere from the Scarlet Witch role.

She cannot talk about projects that are really early in development that they have not officially announced because people involved have to sign NDAs. She’s vaguely referee to this in interviews.

Someone wanted to debate whether they consider her A list or not because they don’t understand how the industry works or the business decision behind it. But I do.

For the record, consider who you want to A list. It changes nothing in the industry.
    None of this means she's A-list and none of it has to do with whether they will continue with the Scarlet Witch storyline. Whether you've worked in that business or not, we all will still have to wait for some announcements from Marvel before we know for sure what they are doing.

I hope they continue. But no profession, no Hollywood status pushes it into being a sure thing. Because they had bigger stars as members of the Avengers and ended their stories.

It's a silly discussion, because none of it has any bearing on the future. We just have to wait for Comic-con or D23 to know anything else. She says she's taking a break. I'm not gonna accuse her of lying. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    None of this means she's A-list and none of it has to do with whether they will continue with the Scarlet Witch storyline. Whether you've worked in that business or not, we all will still have to wait for some announcements from Marvel before we know for sure what they are doing.

I hope they continue. But no profession, no Hollywood status pushes it into being a sure thing. Because they had bigger stars as members of the Avengers and ended their stories.

It's a silly discussion, because none of it has any bearing on the future. We just have to wait for Comic-con or D23 to know anything else. She says she's taking a break. I'm not gonna accuse her of lying. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.
    Who is saying anything about A list at this point? I think you just make yo straw arguments because you can’t understand things.

But pointless arguments absolutely do not change anything, nor does what either you or I hope. Whatever they have planned is already in the works, and no one will talk definitively until they are ready to release details to the public.

It’s like MCU refuses to give out any details about mutant plans besides Deadpool and XMen 97. Xavier even being in Dr. Strange was a well kept secret until the latter parts of 2021. Everyone involved signs NDAs.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 05-25-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Who is saying anything about A list at this point? I think you just make yo straw arguments because you can’t understand things.

But pointless arguments absolutely do not change anything, nor does what either you or I hope. Whatever they have planned is already in the works, and no one will talk definitively until they are ready to release details to the public.
    You are the one that brought up the A-list thing and then replied that you'd have a better idea than me because you are in the industry. So don't gaslight.

I'm not even sure why you are taking it all so seriously anyway. Why are you so mad about me saying I don't know the future, so I'm not gonna put it as fact? Do you have that much of a problem with me not stating conjecture as fact?

Whatever they have planned I'll have no clue about until they announce it somehow and neither do you.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, just look at her paycheck lol. Pretty sure that is not exaxtly A-lister number.
    I don't think she will move away from the role soon, but her appearances should be meaningful than "fan service for those who only ever see her as the vessel for other stuff" lol.
    Also in case you don't know, this character suffers a lot from bad appearances.

Extraordinary Member

It’s like MCU refuses to give out any details about mutant plans besides Deadpool and XMen 97. Xavier even being in Dr. Strange was a well kept secret until the latter parts of 2021. Everyone involved signs NDAs.
    If the conversation is pointless, why frame what you suggest as inevitable?

All we know are three possibilities:

* Liz takes a break and comes back as Wanda (what I feel is most possible)

* Liz takes a break and never comes back (I doubt this, even though anything is possible)

* Liz is trying to throw everyone off and is in a project (possible but then you have someone that rarely lies suddenly lying)

She also has said she doesn't seek out super stardom because it makes her feel uncomfortable. And has historically leaned more towards indie projects. It could be likely that she is the most comfortable with her status. And it has zero impact on her future in the MCU.

We'll likely have a better idea on her future when they go into details on Agatha. Which isn't even supposed to be out until late 2023 or early 2024 so that could be the break Olsen is talking about.

BANNED

All we know are three possibilities:

* Liz takes a break and comes back as Wanda (what I feel is most possible)

* Liz takes a break and never comes back (I doubt this, even though anything is possible)

* Liz is trying to throw everyone off and is in a project (possible but then you have someone that rarely lies suddenly lying)

She also has said she doesn't seek out super stardom because it makes her feel uncomfortable. And has historically leaned more towards indie projects. It could be likely that she is the most comfortable with her status. And it has zero impact on her future in the MCU.

We'll likely have a better idea on her future when they go into details on Agatha. Which isn't even supposed to be out until late 2023 or early 2024 so that could be the break Olsen is talking about.
    I think there’s a couple possibility. Any upcoming Avengers or X-Men movies maybe so early in the script development stage they have not told her.

Or say something like they sent her a script that doesn’t do Wanda justice and she suggested changes that the writers are working on. Liz is an experienced enough actor to request script rewrites. Wanda is popular enough to for her to have pull. I’m just adding these to your three possibilities.

Agatha is supposed to come out 2023-2024. I think we will know more before then.

I think there’s a couple possibility. Any upcoming Avengers or X-Men movies maybe so early in the script development stage they have not told her.

Or say something like they sent her a script that doesn’t do Wanda justice and she suggested changes that the writers are working on. Liz is an experienced enough actor to request script rewrites. Wanda is popular enough to for her to have pull. I’m just adding these to your three possibilities.

Agatha is supposed to come out 2023-2024. I think we will know more before then.
    If they ever do AvX, I don't think it'd be before 2023-2024 if that's what you are suggesting. That's leading to the end of this Phase and it's already pretty booked. If they ever do it, it'll be like every other story and be referenced but not even be the full story. And there is no guarantee Wanda would even be a part of that.

And even says she's been having a hard time being cast for other things. Which is scary.
    I remember hearing that happened with Natalie Portman for a while after Star Wars.

Though in her case it could possibly be because of her acting, which uh, probably had something to do with the direction 'cause even Samuel L. Jackson sucked in those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

I think this is actually a good insight into her as a person. She has no social media presence, she is humble and she says that she isn't very social either. If she would change those things surely more opportunities would rise up for her but she doesn't. She stands by her own beliefs and doesn't sell herself out in a quest of getting even more fame. That makes me like her even more honestly and I don't think there is anything scary about it when she is fully aware of it.

The ending of that video is quite funny by way and fitting for this thread.
    I was confused by the ending for a moment, what a twist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wow, she just wants to live out her life without being disturbed too much.
    Reminds me the Olsen twins had a horrible life because Hollywood used them too much before they could even actually say no to all of that nonsense, I wonder if Elizabeth noticed that and learned from them, and is not selling out too much to avoid losing herself, 'cause hollywood definitely does that if given the chance.

Maybe that video about the lie detector was used to throw us off and that she's a actually great liar .

Didn't Cumberbatch ask for more scenes to develop Strange and a lot of them didn't make it in MoM? 'Cause actors have limited input in the changes that happen and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I remember hearing that happened with Natalie Portman for a while after Star Wars.

Though in her case it could possibly be because of her acting, which uh, probably had something to do with the direction 'cause even Samuel L. Jackson sucked in those movies.

I was confused by the ending for a moment, what a twist lol.

Reminds me the Olsen twins had a horrible life because Hollywood used them too much before they could even actually say no to all of that nonsense, I wonder if Elizabeth noticed that and learned from them, and is not selling out too much to avoid losing herself, 'cause hollywood definitely does that if given the chance.

Maybe that video about the lie detector was used to throw us off and that she's a actually great liar .

Didn't Cumberbatch ask for more scenes to develop Strange and a lot of them didn't make it in MoM? 'Cause actors have limited input in the changes that happen and all.
    That's a good point that Liz likely learned from what happened to her sisters. Hollywood is very all consuming.

And that's true about Cumberbatch. And he's talked about it a lot during the press tour. He even talked about it in his interview right before the premiere. And he's a bigger star than Liz.

That's a good point that Liz likely learned from what happened to her sisters. Hollywood is very all consuming.
    She does mention in the video at 7:34 of that video that she's glad she was rejected from Spy Kids because it prevented her from becoming a child actor, it could be because after a while she realized how that screwed up her sisters.

I'm just spitballing though, she could always have realized that being a child actor is a bad idea by herself, and could have realized by herself that being too big of an actress could be more trouble than it's worth, or something else entirely, either or both could be unrelated to Olsen twins, just had the thought it might be connected and all.

And that's true about Cumberbatch. And he's talked about it a lot during the press tour. He even talked about it in his interview right before the premiere. And he's a bigger star than Liz.
    Wasn't aware he still talked about in an interview right before the premiere too, I would expect Disney would tell him to shut up about it like they did with Star Wars actors when they were implying the movies sucked lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She does mention in the video at 7:34 of that video that she's glad she was rejected from Spy Kids because it prevented her from becoming a child actor, it could be because after a while she realized how that screwed up her sisters.

I'm just spitballing though, she could always have realized that being a child actor is a bad idea by herself, and could have realized by herself that being too big of an actress could be more trouble than it's worth, or something else entirely, either or both could be unrelated to Olsen twins, just had the thought it might be connected and all.

Wasn't aware he still talked about in an interview right before the premiere too, I would expect Disney would tell him to shut up about it like they did with Star Wars actors when they were implying the movies sucked lol.
    Lol, I didn't know they made the Star Wars actors hush about that. Benedict has put everything in a kind way, as much as possible.

https://youtu.be/fgidWEyeixk?t=126

BANNED

If they ever do AvX, I don't think it'd be before 2023-2024 if that's what you are suggesting. That's leading to the end of this Phase and it's already pretty booked. If they ever do it, it'll be like every other story and be referenced but not even be the full story. And there is no guarantee Wanda would even be a part of that.
    Where did you get AvX from? They have not properly introduced the XMen yet. Way too soon for AvX.

Judgement Day is kind of like round 2 of AvX, with the Eternals in it. I do think something like this will happen, but the next couple of years is way too soon. Firmly establish the XMen beyond an Xavier variant first.

BANNED

Pretty sure Liz did learn. Liz ended up getting a degree from NYU, unlike her sisters who dropped out because of addiction issues. Her poor sisters were exploited too much.

Tom Holland said Liz told him no is a complete sentence.