Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    The spell worked with her in it.

She is Mags child. "Adopted" "retconected" whatever she is her daugther.
    Well it was her spell, I'd like to think it'd work. Her connection or whatever to the island could be something they could build on later for another retcon. For now they are going with she used her powers in conjunction with that of mutants and that because she believed she was Mags' daughter and a mutant that was enough. I think the reason they had to pull back is probably the Avengers office. And probably to do with the movies. So for now she's just mutant adjacent and Mags considers her his daughter. But I do believe Leah wanted to undo the retcon to the retcon.

With her being one of the most retconned comics characters ever, I have no doubt that in like 5 years that they retcon her completely back into being a mutant again and Mags kid biologically. They'll probably have her go back and forth many times over the next decades.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

We can see if anything new in her gets announced next month during D23. I sincerely hope so.

BANNED

I think the problem affecting Wanda and why Leah had to hold back is because they want to include the Scarlet Witch as a mutant and Magneto’s daughter in the MCU. But the Fox actor and producer contracts don’t expire until 2025. So they can’t use them unless it’s actors they don’t mind back like Evan Peters as Fierro, Patrick Stewart as an Xavier variant, or the Deadpool cast and crew.

Extraordinary Member

Even if they were going to do that in the MCU, Marvel comics wouldn't know about it at this point. This is the company that made new origin stories in the comics for Captain Marvel and America Chavez, only for the MCU to use versions of the origin stories that the comics abandoned.

I doubt the mutant/Magneto's daughter thing will happen in the MCU except with an alternate Wanda, because Feige avoids overly-complicated origin stories and they've stuck to the perfectly good idea that Wanda's parents were two randos who got killed by a bomb in Eastern Europe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Even if they were going to do that in the MCU, Marvel comics wouldn't know about it at this point. This is the company that made new origin stories in the comics for Captain Marvel and America Chavez, only for the MCU to use versions of the origin stories that the comics abandoned.

I doubt the mutant/Magneto's daughter thing will happen in the MCU except with an alternate Wanda, because Feige avoids overly-complicated origin stories and they've stuck to the perfectly good idea that Wanda's parents were two randos who got killed by a bomb in Eastern Europe.
    MCU doesn’t do complicated? What If, Loki series, and Kamala Khan’s origin in her series, meaning her the first mutant.

If the MCU would make Kamala a mutant, they would make the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver mutants. Evidence is there for all not willfully blind.

Here’s a good explanation on mutants in the MCU.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 08-19-2022 at 01:56 AM.

Scarlet Witch ongoing coming in January.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I wonder who it will fall under editorially, the Avengers office or the X-office...

Steve Orlando on the writing... I don't think I'll be interested.

Sara Pichelli art makes it a buy even if the writing is bad.

BANNED

I think long term we see more of Wanda in the X-office, in part because I think Phase 7 and forward will focus on mutants, so I think we will see a lot more of Wanda in then office due obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Steve Orlando on the writing... I don't think I'll be interested.
    I know people aren't liking his Marauders, but his Wanda in the Darkhold event was pretty good, so I'm hopeful.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would tolerate his Marauders if not for the gawd-awful anime art. That said, his last two issues were pretty decent and coherent with a completely different artist. So I'm definitely giving this a shot.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know people aren't liking his Marauders, but his Wanda in the Darkhold event was pretty good, so I'm hopeful.
    I like his Marauders. Just because some unhappy people scream loudly does not mean they represent most people.