Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

My own preference has always been that they just say she and her brother are mutants in every way that counts. They aren't the first mutants to have insanely complicated and confusing origins. Why bother to retcon their origins for the 932535th time when there's no difference between them and mutants who got their X-gene at birth?

They're already doing something like this with Magneto, just saying that Wanda and Pietro are his children even if they're not biologically related. And they've been mutants a lot longer than they've been his kids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    My own preference has always been that they just say she and her brother are mutants in every way that counts. They aren't the first mutants to have insanely complicated and confusing origins. Why bother to retcon their origins for the 932535th time when there's no difference between them and mutants who got their X-gene at birth?

They're already doing something like this with Magneto, just saying that Wanda and Pietro are his children even if they're not biologically related. And they've been mutants a lot longer than they've been his kids.
    They’re doing that to bridge over the re-establishment of them as mutants. A step by step process that will take part of some event, maybe even in conjunction with the MCU. Liz Olsen has already discussed Wanda appearing in the XMen. As they finally release phase 5 pls we will know when to look out.

I prefer when there are mutants that have a life of their own and a strong personality rather than being like bees in a hive. It connects the mutants with a larger universe and gives a bigger connection with all living beings.

For people for whom genetics is important, they are not that interested by genetic mixing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They’re doing that to bridge over the re-establishment of them as mutants. A step by step process that will take part of some event, maybe even in conjunction with the MCU. Liz Olsen has already discussed Wanda appearing in the XMen. As they finally release phase 5 pls we will know when to look out.
    After Multiverse of Madness I can never say, "they'd never do that to Wanda in the MCU" with a straight face. But I don't see it. By the time of her next MCU appearance it'll be 10 years since the retcon. The comics have made no move to change it and the MCU didn't go for the easy route of establishing Alternate Universe Wanda as a mutant to set it up.

I think people who expect her to be involved with the X-Men and mutants are thinking "no more mutants" is her key moment, when it's obvious now that for Kevin Feige her key moment is "go crazy and kill everybody." He even took the "no more mutants" moment and changed it to wiping out a book in every universe.

Again, never say never with MCU Wanda but I don't see why the comics would re-establish them as mutants or Magneto's children when the current version -- they're Magneto's children, but not biologically -- works fine without the necessity of another retcon, which these characters don't need.

Yeah, I get this feeling from the things they've developed and how they stopped Leah that they are just keeping Wanda as mutant adjacent, but not mutant herself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, I get this feeling from the things they've developed and how they stopped Leah that they are just keeping Wanda as mutant adjacent, but not mutant herself.
    That’s not a feeling. That is presently fact! She is currently mutant adjacent.

Marvel so far as kept under wraps any longer term plans for her, so we don’t have any confirmation if she will remain mutant adjacent or go back to mutant and completely Magneto’s daughter.

Nobody can talk or tell us until the studio is ready for the details of Wanda’s future are ready to be released and perhaps the details of the mutants

If they were to reretcon Wanda and Pietro I suspect it would be a part of a big event. They’d want to market something like this will, because they’d need to retell their origin story of having Natalia and Magneto hook up long after WW2, the camps, and Magda

I know Olsen says she wants her character involved in the X-Men being in the MCU but outside of maybe a new brotherhood...I hope her character is not to involved to be honest

Extraordinary Member

At the rate Feige is slow-walking the X-Men I'm not even going to bet on Olsen still being in the MCU by the time they're ready to go. Maybe in the next big crossover movie.

BANNED

At the rate Feige is slow-walking the X-Men I'm not even going to bet on Olsen still being in the MCU by the time they're ready to go. Maybe in the next big crossover movie.
    He’s not slow walking. Disney does a good job in keeping things secret. If Olsen is signed for an XMen movie she would not be able to say it until Feige is ready for the details to go public.

They have things well planned out at least 5 years ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    He’s not slow walking. Disney does a good job in keeping things secret. If Olsen is signed for an XMen movie she would not be able to say it until Feige is ready for the details to go public.

They have things well planned out at least 5 years ahead of time.
    Well, I mean, we know the current slate up to at least mid 2024, and it's not on it. So, barring some change, it won't be a very quick release, regardless of what they do or don't already have planned.

He isn't though. Elizabeth Olsen said that she expects X-Men crossovers to happen via the multiverse. We just had Professor X in Multiverse of Madness and Deadpool 3 is moving forward with the writers hinting that it will be a multiverse movie.

"It's a wonderful opportunity for fish-out-of-water. Deadpool is a lunatic at the centre of a movie. To drop a lunatic into a very sane world, it's straight butter. It's going to be really fun," he told Post Cred Pod.

Although he doesn't go into too much detail, this "fish-out-of-water" story suggests Wade Wilson's introduction to the MCU timeline after being transported from his reality in the Fox universe.
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a4...se-movie-plot/
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-07-2022 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    He isn't though. Elizabeth Olsen said that said expects X-Men crossovers to happen via the multiverse. We just had Professor X in Multiverse of Madness and Deadpool 3 is moving forward with the writers hinting that it will be a multiverse movie.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a4...se-movie-plot/
    Olsen also really has no idea what they are really doing. Most of that was just her responding to questions from media about what she'd like to see happen or could see happen. Not what she knows will happen. And she's said recently she has no idea and no calls yet about anything for Wanda coming up.

Olsen also really has no idea what they are really doing. Most of that was just her responding to questions from media about what she'd like to see happen or could see happen. Not what she knows will happen. And she's said recently she has no idea and no calls yet about anything for Wanda coming up.
    Tom Holland knew that his third Spidey movie would be a multiverse movie since 2019. So I think Olsen might have more insight into her future than she claims. She just has to be vague about it. I suspect she knows that a Secret Wars adaptation is coming. She teased at the merging of universes last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Tom Holland knew that his third Spidey movie would be a multiverse movie since 2019. So I think Olsen might have more insight into her future than she claims. She just has to be vague about it. I suspect she knows that a Secret Wars adaptation is coming. She teased at the merging of universes last year.
    Olsen said it wasn't even her trying to keep things secret and she's kind of bad at lying. It's always possible, but it's possible too that they don't plan on putting her in something soon. You should watch the GMA interview where she says it.

BANNED

Olsen said it wasn't even her trying to keep things secret and she's kind of bad at lying. It's always possible, but it's possible too that they don't plan on putting her in something soon. You should watch the GMA interview where she says it.
    None of the actors can mention their upcoming plans. So yes, she does know about whatever’s coming up but simply can’t speak.

Nothing new there for the MCU.