Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I hope Steve Orlando writers her series
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I hope Steve Orlando writers her series
    He wrote the hell out of Wonder woman and Super girl so she would definitely be in good hands.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Orlando would be great for her solo. Hopefully we hear more about it soon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I mean, she basically subsumed the Darkhold book into her being. And it’s a really really evil emitted got certain. So why does everybody think that what she did with it is a good thing. Seems to me she opened herself to more evil. This time from within.

Another thing… while I was certain she was getting a solo after reading TOM, for some reason, this ending makes me less sure. Sure, “The Scarleg Witch Will Return” but that could be anywhere. If there is a solo book I’ll be reading regularly no matter who writes it, but Orlando would be a fine choice.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

I don't believe in inherently evil magic, knowledge is knowledge and magical elements is just magical elements.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I mean, she basically subsumed the Darkhold book into her being. And it’s a really really evil emitted got certain. So why does everybody think that what she did with it is a good thing. Seems to me she opened herself to more evil. This time from within.
    The narrative literally couldn't be more obvious on framing this as good thing for Wanda. They literally have her say "You don't possess me, I possess you" and "I'm free". Orlando's comments on twitter also confirm that.

Her Chaos Magic has always left her vulnerable to being possessed by Chthon. Now that she absorbed the Darkhold/him(I need to reread, cause I thought it was just the book but some say it's Chthon itself) he can't do that anymore because he's locked away. And he can't be a threat to earth in general so she's also helping everyone else.

Spectacular Member

Another thing… while I was certain she was getting a solo after reading TOM, for some reason, this ending makes me less sure. Sure, “The Scarleg Witch Will Return” but that could be anywhere. If there is a solo book I’ll be reading regularly no matter who writes it, but Orlando would be a fine choice.
    I think taking the ending of both Darkhold and Trial of Magneto into account that some type of new series focusing on Wanda is coming. I mean you have two different series at about the same time resolve Wanda's lingering issues that had been hanging over her for years and then end with a title page in one and promising a return in the other, that sounds like a pretty strong set up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The narrative literally couldn't be more obvious on framing this as good thing for Wanda. They literally have her say "You don't possess me, I possess you" and "I'm free". Orlando's comments on twitter also confirm that.

Her Chaos Magic has always left her vulnerable to being possessed by Chthon. Now that she absorbed the Darkhold/him(I need to reread, cause I thought it was just the book but some say it's Chthon itself) he can't do that anymore because he's locked away. And he can't be a threat to earth in general so she's also helping everyone else.
    Yup, an evil magic book is only evil when there is an actively malevolent being behind it.
    Without that, it's just your good old dangerous forbidden knowledge that could be bad when "fallen to the wrong hands".

Seems like on page it was her way of getting rid of both as control over her. That she has enough power to have control over them. The Darkhold even though being an evil book didn't for the most part make people evil. It has it's exceptions, but it sometimes just gave power or wishes. Chthon will likely be trapped in her like he was elsewhere previously to being set free. She's now overcome him. So even his evil and ability to take over her is no more, for now. Not saying some writer can't come along and undo that later. But they could always do that anyway before this.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    It makes sense seeing as she said she is above death and seemed to truly understand what chaos magic really was. Plus she was soo powerful it took her and two other omega mutants to create mutant heaven. Makes sense as she now has the total power of chthon a whole ass elder god. Good for her, also this might be why she is among the list of those that can kill pheonix.
    Yes. She’s been on this journey for awhile and she literally conquered her inner demons.

BANNED

It seems like it’s destiny for certain mutants to become gods. In both Peter David’s X-Factor and Williams X-Factor, each time the Morrigan was defeated her power went to Theresa. The Scarlet Witch defeated Chthon and the Darkhold and took that power into herself.

It seems like Storm could become the Gaea of Mars one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Should this not belong in the Marvel forum , not on the X-Men one? She has never been an X-Men member.
    THIS
    msg to short

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    THIS
    msg to short
    She’s a former member of the Brotherhood, daughter of Magneto, and she made a huge contribution to Krakoa in the form of a special afterlife where mutant souls go to while they wait for the 5 to resurrect them. She has her place in XMen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s a former member of the Brotherhood, daughter of Magneto, and she made a huge contribution to Krakoa in the form of a special afterlife where mutant souls go to while they wait for the 5 to resurrect them. She has her place in XMen.
    AKA contents that are minimal to her overall character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It seems like it’s destiny for certain mutants to become gods. In both Peter David’s X-Factor and Williams X-Factor, each time the Morrigan was defeated her power went to Theresa. The Scarlet Witch defeated Chthon and the Darkhold and took that power into herself.

It seems like Storm could become the Gaea of Mars one day.
    You do know that is mostly because said "mutant" carries the essence of an Elder God right' There are loads of mutants without any spark of divinity within them what so ever.
    It's just more accurate to say, oh the chose ones of Elder Gods are more likely to end up as gods themselves.