Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s a former member of the Brotherhood, daughter of Magneto, and she made a huge contribution to Krakoa in the form of a special afterlife where mutant souls go to while they wait for the 5 to resurrect them. She has her place in XMen.
    I know Trial of Magneto had it's rough spots writing wise, I think there was a lot of editorial interference on Leah's original intentions. But my favorite part of all this is Lorna specifically acknowledging that Wanda is her sister, and Wanda and Magneto both just outright saying that even if he isn't her birth father (stupid retcon), that Wanda is still Magneto's adopted daughter and they are still 100% family no matter what. Hickman and other writers have been leading up to this for a while by having little bits here and there where it was obvious that Magneto and Wanda have been corresponding back and forth by e-mail for a while and he was trying to convince her to come to the Hellfire Gala.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    You do know that is mostly because said "mutant" carries the essence of an Elder God right' There are loads of mutants without any spark of divinity within them what so ever.
    It's just more accurate to say, oh the chose ones of Elder Gods are more likely to end up as gods themselves.
    I specifically mentioned what made some mutants be one gods, and especially Wanda taking in the Darkhold and Chthon.

I’m not sure why you’re arguing. Storm too is a chosen one of the elder god Oshtur.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I know Trial of Magneto had it's rough spots writing wise, I think there was a lot of editorial interference on Leah's original intentions. But my favorite part of all this is Lorna specifically acknowledging that Wanda is her sister, and Wanda and Magneto both just outright saying that even if he isn't her birth father (stupid retcon), that Wanda is still Magneto's adopted daughter and they are still 100% family no matter what. Hickman and other writers have been leading up to this for a while by having little bits here and there where it was obvious that Magneto and Wanda have been corresponding back and forth by e-mail for a while and he was trying to convince her to come to the Hellfire Gala.
    Magneto is just not a guy to care for a Strangers kids. Wanda formed a mutant circle with two other
    Mutants who were children of founders of Krakoa.

Mind you her series will probably go into details of her parentage, as in an official new origin for the twins as Magneto’s biological children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    AKA contents that are minimal to her overall character.

Because decimation so totally destroyed her character it left her no place on the Avengers till Krakoa, Msrvel
    Had to put out books like the Darkhold and Trial of Magneto to redeem her character. This her Krakoan contributions are huge, plus the rumor is the Scarlet Witch series takes place in the Xbooks. I guess crappy Aaron hates her.

But Blame Bendis for what he did. It was up for later writers to make gold out of his garbage. WandaVision was a huge hit.

I specifically mentioned what made some mutants be one gods, and especially Wanda taking in the Darkhold and Chthon.

I’m not sure why you’re arguing. Storm too is a chosen one of the elder god Oshtur.
    Didn't the Celestials originally seed the Earth with the X-Gene in the first place. I think I remember a story that talked about the mutant end game where the mutants became godlike and left the Earth to oppose some destructive force in the universe. It may have just been some speculative story about the far future. I think Hickman even took that into the current status quo with the hint that mutants will eventually become one with the Phoenix Force and start removing the AI Dominions and Phalanx that are trying to destroy all biological life.

Because decimation so totally destroyed her character it left her no place on the Avengers till Krakoa, Msrvel
    Had to put out books like the Darkhold and Trial of Magneto to redeem her character. This her Krakoan contributions are huge, plus the rumor is the Scarlet Witch series takes place in the Xbooks. I guess crappy Aaron hates her.

But Blame Bendis for what he did. It was up for later writers to make gold out of his garbage. WandaVision was a huge hit.
    Ooh, I would love Wanda to join the X-Men with Polaris. The X-Men could use a badass magic user on the team, then they would truly be more awesome than the Avengers. I would love a story where Wanda and the X-Men show up first and save a bunch of people before the Avengers do.

Mind you her series will probably go into details of her parentage, as in an official new origin for the twins as Magneto’s biological children.
    I doubt this very much. If it is on the x-side at all, they likely will have some interaction. But I think what they did in ToM is where they are settling with things or Leah wouldn't have had to tell people about how restricted Wanda was due to the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

She’s a former member of the Brotherhood, daughter of Magneto, and she made a huge contribution to Krakoa in the form of a special afterlife where mutant souls go to while they wait for the 5 to resurrect them. She has her place in XMen.
    X-side sure, but not X-Men. And X-side is really stretching things when in reality much of those stories didn't even consist of her being present until ToM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I doubt this very much. If it is on the x-side at all, they likely will have some interaction. But I think what they did in ToM is where they are settling with things or Leah wouldn't have had to tell people about how restricted Wanda was due to the MCU.
    I’m pretty sure, or else there’s no real reason to go there at all. Plus, remember those Multiverse of Madness rumors?

Extraordinary Member

My argument is that it's the Elder Gods that make them unique, not being mutants. Simple as that.
    Wanda not being a mutant doesn't take much away from her, if there is anything to take away at all.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-08-2022 at 08:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, so it's time for her to leave X-franchise for good and never become a plot device again, thank you.
    I blame Bendis, but that doesn't mean I think X-franchise is good for her. Even ToM which supposedly redeem her is filled with cringey dialogue and shitty writing. X-franchise is not exactly promising on this front.

It would be neat if Ewing had Wanda in a support role in X-men Red as co ambassador with Paibok cause Wanda found out what Brand did and wants to help take her out.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

BANNED

The Scarlet Witch has always been a character I
    Liked because she went from Brotherhood to the Avenger. The fact the Avengers took in so many former criminals including two mutant terrorists was always cool.

Now we saw how far she has grown through the decades. Wanda is amazing,
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 01-08-2022 at 09:44 PM.

I’m pretty sure, or else there’s no real reason to go there at all. Plus, remember those Multiverse of Madness rumors?
    You mean the ones that have not panned out from all the marketing that doesn't link it to what the leaker was trying to say? Yeah that shows not to trust that because all the actual merchandise shows Wanda working with Strange and not fighting him.

And the purpose of Wanda stories is to tell stories about her. Not Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You mean the ones that have not panned out from all the marketing that doesn't link it to what the leaker was trying to say? Yeah that shows not to trust that because all the actual merchandise shows Wanda working with Strange and not fighting him.

And the purpose of Wanda stories is to tell stories about her. Not Magneto.
    No, that Wanda brings the Fox XMen over and fights them. It’s only four months away from knowing it that’s true or not. But those rumors about the Sony SpiderMen were very true about No Way Home.