Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think he has done a good job and i will eternally be grateful for him keeping storm safe but if we take that out and look at the way Bishop was written in maraduers, the new limits put on synch, and though keeping storm safe and my opinion doing the grunt work to getting fans reacquainted with her personality as an xman, mutant and person, and bringing back her core "powerless" age characteristics (ewing is now brining back her power) those who aren't die hard fans i can see painting an overall picture of don't backtrack now which is what the synch thing feels like. i could be wrong and i hope it's just a story beat, but it could be he's reigning in on going there. so i get the uncertainty because when it comes to characters of color the ceiling does seem to be low which lowkey has always been meta to me why storm is claustrophobic.
    No real limits were put on Synch. So what if he ages after a massive display of power. If worse comes to worse resurrection.

I mean you seem to ignore than Synch went from dead die 20 years to being a core member of the XMen…

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    No real limits were put on Synch. So what if he ages after a massive display of power. If worse comes to worse resurrection.

I mean you seem to ignore than Synch went from dead die 20 years to being a core member of the XMen…
    So that is a limit. At this point can you just stop making stuff up. Your just sounding like a contradiction or someone with multiple axes to grind and it's actually tiresome when your own posts make no sense. And if you live your life in "but not for" thats cool, thats not me. I don't care if he was dead for 30 years.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-27-2022 at 01:53 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Dude...this is fictional entertainment. Not some grand existential statement on the state of PoC in America or any/everywhere. Either Read it and be miserable (for whatever valid reason, to you) or Read It and be entertained (for whatever valid reason, to you) that is your choice and your choice alone to make.
    Don't forget, read it and critique it to our hearts desire for the very apparent observations made. You seem aggravated by having racial inequities in this written fiction being pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

You seem to overlook the fact that it was never stated he had this type of limitation to his power. More recently Cecilia Reyes commented he even had an increase in his own power efficiency and yes out of left field his power use at higher levels is detrimental to him??? Like Gentle we'll let you be strong, young, passive black guy mutant...but not too strong!

The data page did say that further observation is merited so I figured his powers would be revisited. I still think this is related to his time in the Vault though and not just about his powers. I believe we're two issues away from the next confrontation with the Children so I'd like to see his power issue addressed and then wrapped up with some kind of breakthrough Omega status goodness.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    It's not as though another writer opened the gate for Ev then Duggan came in and snapped a collar around his neck to stop him from going too far.
    He did the first and probably has a good in-story reason for doing the second (even if it's just "sometimes characters need to face personal adversities to grow" and if Our Lord and Saviour, Claremont could do just that for decades with every character he wrote...)
    He (Duggan) has to be aware of how liked and appreciated Ev is now, after being away for so long, thanks in no small part to his being in X-Men and what was done with him so, to potentially sabotage his development now doesn't seem probable.

In Duggan I trust...me enh business wit nobody else, right now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I am looking forward to seeing Evan evolve into the "superman" of mutants.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Who is Evan?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I was so hype that day in the comics shop. I brought 5 copies of the book!
    Bruuuuh they wouldn't be able to tell me sh!t
    Race relations hadn't changed. And he and every other mutant are still living with the hatred and fear so...what is there to discuss?
    Synch
    GrindrStone(D)

I used to like synch but now his powers are too similar to mimic,hope and even rogue. Him recalling past powers, physically manifesting claws etc its terrible. Now this new limitation of him aging is utterly ridiculous. I miss when his rainbow field would simply become durable or projectile depending on the mutant he synched with. None of this crap

Ultimate Member

Race relations hadn't changed. And he and every other mutant are still living with the hatred and fear so...what is there to discuss?
    Yes they have.

When Synch first started in Generation X-there was no one screwing race replacement on a certain network. That lead to shooting up a store in Buffalo.

When Synch first started having a black guy with a lightsabre was NOT an issue. Unlike when that black Storm Trooper had one.

When Synch first started a show called ST Deep Space 9 starred a single black father and empowered women like Major Kira. Followed by a female lead Star Trek Voyager, Buffy and Xena and Charmed as well. NOBODY threw fits about them. Now they do.

Nobody was going to a movie theater to shoot it up over a race changed character like Johnny Storm or a black Storm Trooper. Yes there were folks going to do that.

In Generation X Synch was attacked by racists who IGNORE the fact the rest of them waltzed by them in the same outfits.
    If that issue happened today-Synch might have been murdered.

Yes mutants are feared but with a network like Fox News-they would have ZERO issue making that fear worst by pointing out that BLACK MALE mutant named Synch or Prodigy or Bishop or Chris Muse as someone that needs to be EXTERMINATED.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes they have.

When Synch first started in Generation X-there was no one screwing race replacement on a certain network. That lead to shooting up a store in Buffalo.

When Synch first started having a black guy with a lightsabre was NOT an issue. Unlike when that black Storm Trooper had one.

When Synch first started a show called ST Deep Space 9 starred a single black father and empowered women like Major Kira. Followed by a female lead Star Trek Voyager, Buffy and Xena and Charmed as well. NOBODY threw fits about them. Now they do.

Nobody was going to a movie theater to shoot it up over a race changed character like Johnny Storm or a black Storm Trooper. Yes there were folks going to do that.

In Generation X Synch was attacked by racists who IGNORE the fact the rest of them waltzed by them in the same outfits.
    If that issue happened today-Synch might have been murdered.

Yes mutants are feared but with a network like Fox News-they would have ZERO issue making that fear worst by pointing out that BLACK MALE mutant named Synch or Prodigy or Bishop or Chris Muse as someone that needs to be EXTERMINATED.
    So eloquently put my bro, but also so very true! In spite of the faux ignorance thrown about. Most black people...ya know, the ones that are experiencing all this trash, know full well that punk-ass perceptions and opinions about blacks have been, and will continue to be interwoven into the fabic of American culture in visual, print, and social media.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I used to like synch but now his powers are too similar to mimic,hope and even rogue. Him recalling past powers, physically manifesting claws etc its terrible. Now this new limitation of him aging is utterly ridiculous. I miss when his rainbow field would simply become durable or projectile depending on the mutant he synched with. None of this crap

I get most of what you are saying. I do miss the aura being the focal point of his powers. However, from his inception Xavier files predicted that his powers would expand to be able to do most of what does now. This was prior to Hope. She's nothing more than a blonde white girl version of Synch, created after him.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Whoops! My bad! Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I get most of what you are saying. I do miss the aura being the focal point of his powers. However, from his inception Xavier files predicted that his powers would expand to be able to do most of what does now. This was prior to Hope. She's nothing more than a blonde white girl version of Synch, created after him.
    but Hope isnt blonde