Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It could be to make himself to look a bit more in line with the woman he loves who now doesn't look like she's in her early 20's maybe to make her more comfortable. People can do things for the people they love without it having to benefit them. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer and started losing her hair it made her very self conscious about her appearance. To make her feel more comfortable my sister shaved all of her hair off just to make my mom feel more at ease and to show how much she loved her.
    If Synch and Laura love each other and want to be together, there is nothing that would prvent them from doing so. He doesnt need to change his physical appearance for that and IMO it sends a bad message to say that needs to physically change himself order to be with her. Its not like he is a pre-teen. He's a man. One thats several hundreds years old yet looks early 20s. He doesnt need to look like he's in his 40s to be with someone that is also several hundreds years old that looks like she's in her 40s

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If Synch and Laura love each other and want to be together, there is nothing that would prvent them from doing so. He doesnt need to change his physical appearance for that and IMO it sends a bad message to say that needs to physically change himself order to be with her. Its not like he is a pre-teen. He's a man. One thats several hundreds years old yet looks early 20s. He doesnt need to look like he's in his 40s to be with someone that is also several hundreds years old that looks like she's in her 40s
    Again I am not saying that I want it to happen because I don't. I am simply saying i am just curious if it is something he would consider. It's not about some message. You asked why he may do it and I provided an example of why he may consider such a thing. And the Mystique and Destiny thing is actually worse as Mystique made that choice for her. In the scenario for Synch it would at least be his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I feel you on the withdrawal. I try not to look at the calendar but I can't help it. 3 weeks to go I think.
    Yeah the wait definitely sucks especially with us getting so little of Everett the last 2 issues.

That look on my boy's face was absolutely perfect. I'm really happy for Ev and can't wait to see how this story unfolds.

I have the review thread drafted and I’m almost home to post it. Soooo much to say about this wonderful issue. I felt what the others were feeling as they were awaiting his arrival. He is so loved.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I have the review thread drafted and I’m almost home to post it. Soooo much to say about this wonderful issue. I felt what the others were feeling as they were awaiting his arrival. He is so loved.
    Most definitely bro.

Most definitely bro.
    First of all can we talk about how Ev continues to display such leadership? He assesses the situation as he arrives and immediately asks about Havok's whereabouts. He's a future leader of the X-Men, no doubt in my mind.

I wasn't sure if Laura would remember him or what kind of condition she would be in, so it was beautiful how she jumped into his arms. The shock on his face, the way everyone was beaming for him. Scott touching his shoulder with care and that look he gives Scott, the mutual care and respect they have for each other. I'm so happy for Everett Thomas.

First of all can we talk about how Ev continues to display such leadership? He assesses the situation as he arrives and immediately asks about Havok's whereabouts. He's a future leader of the X-Men, no doubt in my mind.

I wasn't sure if Laura would remember him or what kind of condition she would be in, so it was beautiful how she jumped into his arms. The shock on his face, the way everyone was beaming for him. Scott touching his shoulder with care and that look he gives Scott, the mutual care and respect they have for each other. I'm so happy for Everett Thomas.
    It seems pretty clear that Ev is being groomed for a future leadership position with the X-Men. Loved seeing him immediately trying to assess the potential threat. As far as everything with Laura I'm complete agreement with you. This issue was a great reminder of why I love Synch. Having to wait until January for the next issue is going to suck.

It seems pretty clear that Ev is being groomed for a future leadership position with the X-Men. Loved seeing him immediately trying to assess the potential threat. As far as everything with Laura I'm complete agreement with you. This issue was a great reminder of why I love Synch. Having to wait until January for the next issue is going to suck.
    Yeah I'm an omega-level Synch fan at this point. He has skyrocketed towards the top of my faves these last few years. I've always loved him but even more so now.

Oh that's right, because of the annual next month. Rats. I have to hand it to Duggan for building up the anticipation.

Yeah I'm an omega-level Synch fan at this point. He has skyrocketed towards the top of my faves these last few years. I've always loved him but even more so now.

Oh that's right, because of the annual next month. Rats. I have to hand it to Duggan for building up the anticipation.
    He's been my fave since he very first debuted and seeing him now really makes me incredibly happy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This issue is what truly "joyous" storytelling is about. (I know I know...I'm really trying to purge myself of my Gillenister distaste and bile)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Finally have time to read up on everything that I missed on Synch. Christmas done came early!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I do like Everett with the facial hair and bald head. But I wish they could put some hair on his head.

I'm trying to keep my composure but I'm failing. From this week's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fan 1407 Greymalkin asked, theoretically, could Synch acquire magical abilities?

Gerry: This is a great question, and one I’ve wanted to touch on — not just magic, but non-mutant powers, and there’s an answer to that question, but we’re saving it for the page. He continues to be one of my favorites. I’m lettering the second of our Brood issues, and he has a moment with Cyclops that’s really simple but really fun.

Sounds great! And I'm happy he's going to be in the fray during Dark Web.

The costume!! What a gorgeous image.

I'm trying to keep my composure but I'm failing. From this week's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fan 1407 Greymalkin asked, theoretically, could Synch acquire magical abilities?

Gerry: This is a great question, and one I’ve wanted to touch on — not just magic, but non-mutant powers, and there’s an answer to that question, but we’re saving it for the page. He continues to be one of my favorites. I’m lettering the second of our Brood issues, and he has a moment with Cyclops that’s really simple but really fun.

Sounds great! And I'm happy he's going to be in the fray during Dark Web.

The costume!! What a gorgeous image.
    Very happy to see that the awesome Gala costume is making a return.