Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Think about how much more mature high schoolers seemed to be when you were in middle school. A few years can make a big difference[at that age]. Cyclops can be 29 and still be much more accomplished than a 21 year old Pryde(especially when he's actually 39 mentally from raising Nate in the future). As far as Xavier goes, he was specified as 41 in Morrison's run, which in-story I consider only 3 years or so ago. Remember he fathered Legion in his early 20's, and David was introduced as a teenager in NMs. Casting Patrick in the role 'grandfathered' him too much. Magneto is a whole other mess, but remember 1963 was not even 20 years after the War, so in theory he would have been under 40 to begin with. For context, MLK Jr. and Malcolm X were only 39 when assassinated, and yet they accomplished so much in terms of their activism.

If you want 40, 50, and 60-something superheroes, the MCU has got you covered... but in the X-Lore, the main squad are still younger.
    Huh...

So...

I guess the lesson here is: Your 20s are a crazy time in the Marvel comic books! :P

I wonder where Synch is going to go next, if he leaves X-Men in the upcoming post-Gala roster change.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    So what is the solution to this "age" issue? I am not hearing any solutions. I still think instead of worrying about potential romances we should hope for character development and some internal monologue from Ev...

But it is funny I dont see folks keeping this energy with Wolverine or Magneto or Cable.. hell everyone shipped Daddy A and Rictor.. didnt hear this discourse at all. hmmm
    There only needs to be a solution if there is a problem and i dont think there is one

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I guess at the end of the day none of the ageing matters. All of this can be adjusted with a dialogue box or two to suit the writer's purposes.

I just imagined that when Everett finally did "grow up", he'd look like a mature, grown man. From most of the images that I've seen of him, he still looks like someone that could pass for a teenager. And it doesn't help that there is a clear height disparity between him and the other stalwarts. He's got this Peter Pan thing going, which I'm not a fan of at all.

he looks like a grown man to me but its really all relative. Whats more important is that he isnt written or treated as a rookie. Jean has trained him in TP but he is treated as a peer, no different than vets like Rogue or Polaris on the team. In the first issue, Jean defaulted to having Synch strategize and come up with the plan to defeat the enemy. He is written as someone who knows what he's talking about and his experience is respected
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-03-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    So what is the solution to this "age" issue? I am not hearing any solutions. I still think instead of worrying about potential romances we should hope for character development and some internal monologue from Ev...

But it is funny I dont see folks keeping this energy with Wolverine or Magneto or Cable.. hell everyone shipped Daddy A and Rictor.. didnt hear this discourse at all. hmmm
    Honestly, I was concerned about the messaging when it was Magneto and Rogue. As for Wolverine and Cable, I've never been a fan of those characters. Having them written in a questionable context would just be one more reason to ignore them.

As for the age issue, my closest friend growing up was sexually abused (and somewhat brainwashed) as a minor by an adult relative. Having helped her heal through that emotional, physical and psychological trauma makes me perhaps hypersensitive to any attempt to normalize relationships between adults and minors, even if that disparity of age is mental in nature. I'd push back even against a relationship between Billy Batson/Shazam and Wonder Woman. A kid in a grown man's body is still a kid.

Anyway, enough of the age discussion. There are more positive things about Ev to discuss.

spoilers:
    "I been wolverine longer than anyone alive.
    end of spoilers

YAAAAS! Synch! Duggan continues to write a definitive ev.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    spoilers:
    "I been wolverine longer than anyone alive.
    end of spoilers

YAAAAS! Synch! Duggan continues to write a definitive ev.
    It was a dumb line bc spoilers:
    he isnt Wolverine nor has he ever used the codename
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    end of spoilers
    It made perfect sense metaphorically as the guy was obviously referring to the powers of a wolverine. Synch syched with Laura before they went into the vault and stayed synch until after they died when he got out of the vault. As such he is the longest living to have used the powers associated with a wolverine. I enjoyed the line at least. ^_^ and the art was puuuuuuurtttty.

Off topic: the art in Captain America Symbol of truth is gorgeous too. I haven't read it yet but "flipped" through.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It made perfect sense metaphorically as the guy was obviously referring to the powers of a wolverine. Synch syched with Laura before they went into the vault and stayed synch until after they died when he got out of the vault. As such he is the longest living to have used the powers associated with a wolverine. I enjoyed the line at least. ^_^ and the art was puuuuuuurtttty.

Off topic: the art in Captain America Symbol of truth is gorgeous too. I haven't read it yet but "flipped" through.
    logans over 200 years old, was ev in the vault that long? because he left for a week, 100 years passed and laura was still inside so even she would still technically be wolverine longer

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    logans over 200 years old, was ev in the vault that long? because he left for a week, 100 years passed and laura was still inside so even she would still technically be wolverine longer
    Not sure about Logan but inmanyway he did have Wolverine's powers during the Children of the Vault mission. And he made it out but died BUT was able to be scanned and thus didnt lose any of the decades of experince while Laura was brought back with no memories of that mission because she dies before cerbro could scan her. So yes he has DECADES more experience using Laura's powers then she does.

Incredible Member

And found a length of time they werein the vault, X-men #5, 537 in vault time they were gone. So yeah longer then Logan to.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    logans over 200 years old, was ev in the vault that long?
    Logan [in the comics] is only 130 or so. He was born at the tail end of the 19th century.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    And found a length of time they werein the vault, X-men #5, 537 in vault time they were gone. So yeah longer then Logan to.
    well ev would only be at 437 years because he left the time bubble the vault is in for a week which was 100 years itself but yea they doesnt account for when they actually come out which could be even later so youre right

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Logan [in the comics] is only 130 or so. He was born at the tail end of the 19th century.
    Correct. And I thought that was a really cool line by Ev, because he probably had to tap into Laura’s powers a lot during his hundreds of years in the Vault. I’m a huge Logan fan, but didn’t find it offensive. Just fact.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    end of spoilers
    C’mon man……. Lol

you know why he said the line

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    C’mon man……. Lol

you know why he said the line
    Because Wolverine is the X-men’s benchmark badass, so Ev was pointing out that he’s been using those powers for longer than anyone… and then he backed it up with the skills.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”