Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Everett Thomas is divine. *heart eyes*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Because Wolverine is the X-men’s benchmark badass, so Ev was pointing out that he’s been using those powers for longer than anyone… and then he backed it up with the skills.
    Boooooooooom

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It made perfect sense metaphorically as the guy was obviously referring to the powers of a wolverine. Synch syched with Laura before they went into the vault and stayed synch until after they died when he got out of the vault. As such he is the longest living to have used the powers associated with a wolverine. I enjoyed the line at least. ^_^ and the art was puuuuuuurtttty.

Off topic: the art in Captain America Symbol of truth is gorgeous too. I haven't read it yet but "flipped" through.
    Wolverine isnt simply about powers though. He having claws doesnt make him Wolverine.
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-11-2022 at 08:54 AM.

But he also had hundreds of years to hone his skills with those claws. And unlike Laura, he remembers all of it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Synch's powers copy one's aura, which definitely includes the mutant power, but also more than just it. He was able to understand the true nature of "M" back in Generation X before anyone else, including Emma who had tried[unsuccessfully] to telepathically get to the truth.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It made perfect sense metaphorically as the guy was obviously referring to the powers of a wolverine. Synch syched with Laura before they went into the vault and stayed synch until after they died when he got out of the vault. As such he is the longest living to have used the powers associated with a wolverine. I enjoyed the line at least. ^_^ and the art was puuuuuuurtttty.
    I agree, line made perfect sense to me, based on what Synch went through in The Vault. Long live the longest living Wolverine. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Synch's powers copy one's aura, which definitely includes the mutant power, but also more than just it. He was able to understand the true nature of "M" back in Generation X before anyone else, including Emma who had tried[unsuccessfully] to telepathically get to the truth.
    Yeah, he's pretty cool.

Meanwhile, it looks like there's a new figurine of Synch coming up:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...99142005055490

I see that it's some Heroclix thing, which has done little figurines of various x-characters before, but it's still exciting. ^.^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was a dumb line bc spoilers:
    he isnt Wolverine nor has he ever used the codename
    end of spoilers
    Was it dumb or did it just go over your head?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Everett Thomas is divine. *heart eyes*
    Siblings with great taste. *hugs*
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Since Synch has Laura's abilities, he should also have Darwin's abilities as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Siblings with great taste. *hugs*
    *cheers*

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Since Synch has Laura's abilities, he should also have Darwin's abilities as well!!!
    That's a great point. That holds a lot of potential.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine isnt simply about powers though. He having claws doesnt make him Wolverine.
    The feral attitude, and killer instinct do. Both were on display if you just read the pages, but I digress!

Astonishing Member

Not sure why that line is being blown up to such a big deal. People say things that aren't intended to be literal all the time. Ev clearly wasn't trying to stake any kind of claim to the name or be literal, the tiger dude made the first comparison to Wolverine and Ev just went with it and paid a nod to how much experience he has using that particular powerset. Like, it wasn't that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Truly he should. Furthermore, with the upcoming mix up the mutants are gonna have Eternals and Avengers, Synch should very well be the wild card. Since he can synch to superhuman abilities in general and pure amount of accumulated experience with using so many powers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    C’mon man……. Lol

you know why he said the line
    This comment made me smile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Truly he should. Furthermore, with the upcoming mix up the mutants are gonna have Eternals and Avengers, Synch should very well be the wild card. Since he can synch to superhuman abilities in general and pure amount of accumulated experience with using so many powers.
    Since he generated blades on his hands,does that mean he turned his skeleton into adamantium after being with Laura that long? Or did his skeleton mimick the blades through bone outgrowths? I think it's the former and( if Forge didn't upgrade his husk) his mental command of his cellular adaptation is very impressive.