Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, didn't love that plot development. He and Velocidad should hit the Green Lagoon and vent about stupid geriatric-inducing powers. Like others have said elsewhere, its not a huge problem in an age of mutant resurrection, but it will become one if and when the resurrection protocols go bye-bye, so another reason to hope that's not something that happens any time soon.

Hmm, I do wonder if he could synch up with Elixir's powers, and use them to like....modify his X-gene and eliminate that premature aging aspect of his powers?
    Funny enough, Jordan mentioned this in today's interview. So I wonder if it'll go deeper than just physically aging since they know it's an easy out with healing powers and resurrection.

"It’s clear that when he uses these powers, it drains on him. That said, some of the powers that he uses are healing factor powers. So that probably can dampen that sometimes as well. And he shaves his head and beard regularly. So you don’t actually get to see what color his hair is most of the time, but I think if he continues to use his power in that way, it will be something that he has to reckon with. And, of course, when told only do it in life or death — with the X-Men, it’s always life or death. So I don’t know that he can stop. If there’s something he can do, it sounds like he will. So this will probably continue to be an issue for him. But who knows how much of an issue, because we have resurrection. Maybe it’ll all be OK."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Not a fan of the new development at all. It is unnecessary and comes across as an intentional means to put limits on Synch and give him a ceiling. Duggan lost some good will with this mess not to mention having Bishop be all scared of Illyana.

If any Hellfire Gala design was superhero street ready this time around, it was Synch's (mores than Jean's from HG:1!). I'll keep hope alive that it gains more life later on in this post-gala X-lineup and that the costume evolutions are ongoing.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Maybe we'll see it in issue 15, as we know Forge and Firestar are changing costumes then.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Not a fan of the new development at all. It is unnecessary and comes across as an intentional means to put limits on Synch and give him a ceiling. Duggan lost some good will with this mess not to mention having Bishop be all scared of Illyana.
    Why are limits bad? Character can use any power of any character they have been near for a significant amount of time is a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I liked jwatson's interpretation of Bishop not being scared but wanting Illyana to get what she desires as she's been through a lot. They saw his expression as sympathy/sadness and I could see that.

The good news is that Duggan has done well by Everett so far so hopefully that continues and this development is used in an interesting way for his character.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Why are limits bad? Character can use any power of any character they have been near for a significant amount of time is a little much.
    They aren't but why are limits always imposed on the same kind of characters would be my question. Out of ALL the mutants only one is a person of color with unlimited potential. So that in of itself says something. It actually makes me think of Evil, the nun and the church were all so sure about their sides of things but as soon as someone said the angel was black they both met in the middle with their disbelief at something they don't know for a fact but it was fact for them. It was really well done and spoke so many facts about what people don't see or don't want to see imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't have a problem in general with limitations but in a universe full of Silver Surfer's, Molecule Men and other assorted godlike beings I do have a problem with a ceiling being put on the one black male that has the potential to reach that level. Otherwise what was the point of giving him power recall upgrade? Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They aren't but why are limits always imposed on the same kind of characters would be my question. Out of ALL the mutants only one is a person of color with unlimited potential. So that in of itself says something. It actually makes me think of Evil, the nun and the church were all so sure about their sides of things but as soon as someone said the angel was black they both met in the middle with their disbelief at something they don't know for a fact but it was fact for them. It was really well done and spoke so many facts about what people don't see or don't want to see imo.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You act like Synch is the only one with limits. Other muants with similar powersets like Hope, Rogue and Mimic also have limits

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You act like Synch is the only one with limits. Other muants with similar powersets like Hope, Rogue and Mimic also have limits
    blah blah you act like there isn't a 1000 no limit white characters to every .5 black ones. so over the false equivalency. it's just tiyahed not even tired by tiyahed at this point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I'm not one for the X-relationship histrionics...I really wanted him and Wolverine to work out. *crying rainbow tears. I like the ageing limitation it's definitely an interesting quirk and it just means he has to be more selective in how he uses his powers...like all mutants, really.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

I definitely think if the wanted a man vs self story arc for Synch. There is a better way that it could have been done with his powers. It could have simply been when he recalled powers from muscle memory unlike the powers he synched he lost mastery over them and/or fine motor control. Like if you think about the way AL Ewing handled Sunspot super strength after he was hit by the m cloud. Sunspot was not diminished at all. Thats the better way to tell that type of story with out short changing the character because right now its given they dont want any Black characters to be very powerful. But tbh thinking about that storyline Ewing Sunspot storyline it seems like this is a copy and paste type of that situation as Roberto's powers also aged him.. Hmm

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The lack of diversity of the new X-team, giving Synch a limitation...With Sunfire being sidelined in the previous team, Bishop's wall-paper schtick in Marauders...You would think he didn't like these PoC characters he chose to write one bit. One would think Duggan has to be biggest racist in the X-slack.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The lack of diversity of the new X-team, giving Synch a limitation...With Sunfire being sidelined in the previous team, Bishop's wall-paper schtick in Marauders...You would think he didn't like these PoC characters he chose to write one bit. One would think Duggan has to be biggest racist in the X-slack.
    Let me be clear to say i wasn't implying he was racist but he may be a little naive to the situation black male fans experience when it's like damn, every time we in the spotlight we got to be "put in our places" and no amount of trying to minimize that or say look there are 3 characters out of the 1000s in this american company is going to change that for me. I'm a little more lenient on books from japan, or china or other places, i admit that, but i expect more from the place i was born and i KNOW we deserve better and WE do exist, and there are no LIMITS for us. it would just be nice if writers who think the same about people who looked like them felt the same about everybody because if you sit down to create a team and most of them look the same, the problem lies somewhere the person is missing something. it's not always as cut and dry as someone being a racist.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.