Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Winter is coming. Let's just get Everett a reciprocal love interest in time for Christmas.

I'm sure we all have some excellent ideas as to who that could/should be.
    Back in the early days of Generation-X I was pulling for Synch and Jubilee to end up together. Wouldn't want it to be a thing now since Jubes has basically gotten with the whole crew now. My choice for a love interest for Everett now would be either Monet or hell I would not mind him and Dr. Reyes becoming a thing.

Winter is coming. Let's just get Everett a reciprocal love interest in time for Christmas.

I'm sure we all have some excellent ideas as to who that could/should be.
    You know nothing, JudicatorPrime
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

One thought that I have been thinking on lately regarding the Synch and Laura romance is the possibility that Synch's Laura may still be alive in the Vault. We didn't actually see her die and they have no way to have confirmed her death without going back into the Vault. This upcoming issue and the solicitation for issue 17 really has me thinking that this could possibly be the case.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You know nothing, JudicatorPrime
    Ha! I only know that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. Well, that and a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, but the man who never reads lives only one.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ha! I only know that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. Well, that and a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, but the man who never reads lives only one.
    My friend you have a future in Hallmark, or writing tombstones, lol!

Lol never change brother

Astonishing Member

I would love to see Synch's powers more often used to showcase how he's not just a power mimic, but how he embodies the very concept of mutant circuits that so much of this era is centered around. Having him sync with two or more mutants at once, and wield their powers as a combined effect.....like we all know Scott's optic blasts are concussive force and not actually heat, but if Ev synced with both Scott and Shiro at the same time, would his optic blasts perhaps come out as super-condensed plasma, with combined heat and concussive force in one optic punch?

Thematically, having him not just wield dual powers at the same time but a combined version of other mutants' powers, like....it fits in really well with his signature rainbow aura, since of course the rainbow is just the end result of the combined colors of the spectrum. Or what if he synced both Bobby and Firestar's powers, not to simultaneously shoot ice and microwave blasts from each hand, but to combine Bobby's power to transmute himself into an elemental form, with Angelica's power to manipulate microwave radiation, and maybe turn into an elemental form that's made of Firestar's brand of energies/elements instead of Bobby's ice and water? Stuff like that.

(Also, add me to the list of people who'd love to see more of Ev's rainbow aura being combined with the power signatures of the mutants he's synced with. Like, gimme rainbow colored optic blasts or Ev in Bobby's ice form but its all prismatic with the ice being all different hues).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would love to see Synch's powers more often used to showcase how he's not just a power mimic, but how he embodies the very concept of mutant circuits that so much of this era is centered around. Having him sync with two or more mutants at once, and wield their powers as a combined effect.....like we all know Scott's optic blasts are concussive force and not actually heat, but if Ev synced with both Scott and Shiro at the same time, would his optic blasts perhaps come out as super-condensed plasma, with combined heat and concussive force in one optic punch?

Thematically, having him not just wield dual powers at the same time but a combined version of other mutants' powers, like....it fits in really well with his signature rainbow aura, since of course the rainbow is just the end result of the combined colors of the spectrum. Or what if he synced both Bobby and Firestar's powers, not to simultaneously shoot ice and microwave blasts from each hand, but to combine Bobby's power to transmute himself into an elemental form, with Angelica's power to manipulate microwave radiation, and maybe turn into an elemental form that's made of Firestar's brand of energies/elements instead of Bobby's ice and water? Stuff like that.

(Also, add me to the list of people who'd love to see more of Ev's rainbow aura being combined with the power signatures of the mutants he's synced with. Like, gimme rainbow colored optic blasts or Ev in Bobby's ice form but its all prismatic with the ice being all different hues).
    Very interesting and I would love to see the one man circuit being explored.

Love the one man circuit concept. There's a whole lot of possibilities with it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I like Synch's look with hair and beard. I hope down the road they allow Synch to have that look.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    One thought that I have been thinking on lately regarding the Synch and Laura romance is the possibility that Synch's Laura may still be alive in the Vault. We didn't actually see her die and they have no way to have confirmed her death without going back into the Vault. This upcoming issue and the solicitation for issue 17 really has me thinking that this could possibly be the case.
    The only reason I was pushing for Everett's pairing with Laura was the dynamic of their 2 distinctly different personalities. I feel they would've been a gender swapping of Logan and Jean romance. Going forward, I want stay with that theme. Maybe he could develop a relationship with Illyana, Monet, or even a version of Blink?

Incredible! You have such inventive ideas Bobbysworld! I love it so much! Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The only reason I was pushing for Everett's pairing with Laura was the dynamic of their 2 distinctly different personalities. I feel they would've been a gender swapping of Logan and Jean romance. Going forward, I want stay with that theme. Maybe he could develop a relationship with Illyana, Monet, or even a version of Blink?
    Laura isnt really like Logan though when it comes to her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura isnt really like Logan though when it comes to her personality.
    Cool, so taking your lead. What issues should I read that provides the best take on who she is essentially?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Cool, so taking your lead. What issues should I read that provides the best take on who she is essentially?
    The Marjorie Liu X-23 series is really good as is All New Wolverine by Taylor. You may want to check out the first arcs of both books