Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

As far as love interests go, we still don't know what book Shiro's mission to rescue Redroot is actually going to play out in, and with Duggan saying he's still planning on using characters from last year's team, it could be coming up in a future X-Men issue. Wherever it plays out, I really want Ev to come along for the ride, and tbh my preference would be for him to meet an Arakkii mutant he develops a romance with, in the process. Like we still don't know WHY, but for whatever reason, many Arakkii mutants seem to have much longer lifespans than normal, with many of them being at least centuries old....which means Ev has a much better chance of finding a partner who can relate to his six-hundred-years-worth of perspective among them, rather than on Krakoa. Plus, the vast majority of his life has been spent surviving behind enemy lines, and again, that's something many Arakkii could potentially relate to.

Pessimistically, I don't think that's where things will actually go though....my hunch is that the Ev/Laura romance storyline ISN'T actually done....its just that Duggan ended the idea of Synch holding a torch for the younger version of Laura who doesn't share a past with him. But the November issue's solicit says "and one X-Man will unexpectedly get what they gave up dreaming they could ever have"....and given that we're about to return to the Vault storyline.....my bet is Everett's going to discover that the older version of Laura, the one he DID build a relationship with....is somehow still alive in the Vault after all. I mean, she's a Wolverine and they have a longstanding family tradition of never being dead when by all appearances they absolutely should be dead. So I'd guess something's going to happen with the Laura who lived centuries in the Vault, or at least with her memories, like maybe the Children's technology ended up backing up Laura's consciousness in mimicry of the Cerebro process, as the Children attempted to get intel out of her that way? Idk. Point is, I think an upcoming issue is going to lead to Laura somehow getting a back-up or access to the memories of her older self....and THEN reuniting with Everett. Like, there was a definite point made about how she didn't want Everett to share HIS memories of their time together, because it would all be through his perspective, but this will be her getting access to her own perspective of that time together.

Personally, I'm still not a super big fan of the pair and I'd really rather see Synch end up with a brand new love interest, preferably an older Arakkii mutant....but if they do still end up pursuing the Ev/Laura romance eventually any way, at least I'd much rather it be with him and a version of her that has the same span of life experience and shared memories that he does.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    As far as love interests go, we still don't know what book Shiro's mission to rescue Redroot is actually going to play out in, and with Duggan saying he's still planning on using characters from last year's team, it could be coming up in a future X-Men issue. Wherever it plays out, I really want Ev to come along for the ride, and tbh my preference would be for him to meet an Arakkii mutant he develops a romance with, in the process. Like we still don't know WHY, but for whatever reason, many Arakkii mutants seem to have much longer lifespans than normal, with many of them being at least centuries old....which means Ev has a much better chance of finding a partner who can relate to his six-hundred-years-worth of perspective among them, rather than on Krakoa. Plus, the vast majority of his life has been spent surviving behind enemy lines, and again, that's something many Arakkii could potentially relate to.
    I would totally support this idea.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura isnt really like Logan though when it comes to her personality.
    Based on your read on Laura's personality....do u think the younger/reborn Laura would fall in love with and stay with Ev romantically?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Based on your read on Laura's personality....do u think the younger/reborn Laura would fall in love with and stay with Ev romantically?
    Maybe if given the opportunity but I dont feel like she really has a type

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

Pessimistically, I don't think that's where things will actually go though....my hunch is that the Ev/Laura romance storyline ISN'T actually done....its just that Duggan ended the idea of Synch holding a torch for the younger version of Laura who doesn't share a past with him. But the November issue's solicit says "and one X-Man will unexpectedly get what they gave up dreaming they could ever have"....and given that we're about to return to the Vault storyline.....my bet is Everett's going to discover that the older version of Laura, the one he DID build a relationship with....is somehow still alive in the Vault after all. I mean, she's a Wolverine and they have a longstanding family tradition of never being dead when by all appearances they absolutely should be dead. So I'd guess something's going to happen with the Laura who lived centuries in the Vault, or at least with her memories, like maybe the Children's technology ended up backing up Laura's consciousness in mimicry of the Cerebro process, as the Children attempted to get intel out of her that way? Idk. Point is, I think an upcoming issue is going to lead to Laura somehow getting a back-up or access to the memories of her older self....and THEN reuniting with Everett. Like, there was a definite point made about how she didn't want Everett to share HIS memories of their time together, because it would all be through his perspective, but this will be her getting access to her own perspective of that time together.

Personally, I'm still not a super big fan of the pair and I'd really rather see Synch end up with a brand new love interest, preferably an older Arakkii mutant....but if they do still end up pursuing the Ev/Laura romance eventually any way, at least I'd much rather it be with him and a version of her that has the same span of life experience and shared memories that he does.
    I can definitely get behind the idea of Synch having an Arakii love interest.

If Synch synchs with Multiple Man, do all of the dupes have Synch’s power?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Theoretically they should as they would just be multiple Synchs though thats not a limit to is power that has been tested yet so I guess we cant say for sure

Interesting question and I would think the answer would be yes.

Bit of a quiet day for me today so decided to sit back and read Generation-X Epic Collection volume 2. It has really taken me back to how giddy I was for a Synch-centric arc when he was possessed by Emplate.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Yes, because all of the duplicates would be basically exact copies of Synch initially. He'd be extremely powerful, if he did this...if you think about it. Especially with so many powerful mutants out there. Who stops a being that combines the powers of Synch + Madrox + Franklin Richards? Now imagine fighting an army of those beings.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, because all of the duplicates would be basically exact copies of Synch initially. He'd be extremely powerful, if he did this...if you think about it. Especially with so many powerful mutants out there. Who stops a being that combines the powers of Synch + Madrox + Franklin Richards? Now imagine fighting an army of those beings.
    Marvel would never allow a writer to portay Ev in such an awesome way but I would sure as hell love for them to prove me wrong.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because it eventually goes to that place.

All the review bombing Lords of the Ring and She Hulk and soon Disney's Strange Worlds are getting are race based.

So yeah folks are going to suspect that because we keep seeing it and it keeps getting worst.

It was there but as pointed out Laura does not have those memories and that was the end of it. So story wise there was the out. Could it come up again sure but will most likely not.
    I don't really understand the position that there is some fear on X-Office part of portraying an interracial relationship between Synch and X-23. First, there are tons of interracial (and LGBT) relationships in Marvel generally and X-Men specifically. It's not something they've ever shied away from. And more importantly, if there was some fear of backlash why would they plant the seed at all? That seems to be the worst of all worlds, coming this far and then getting it from both sides. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I personally don't like the pair because I don't see why they would work together. I can see it in a 'we're ALWAYS together and you're literally the only guy available' scenario, but Synch is a really fantastic guy across his entire run, and Laura has never shown that is attracted to or even respects nice guys as romantic partners. He's going to be a great boyfriend and she is going to be cold and aloof and doing her own shit somewhere else. I think you would have to change her character so much to fit her in any relationship, but specifically with a nice guy who wants to be there and part of her life.

EDIT: I saw someone compare Synch and Laura to Jean and Logan. I actually think the better comparison for this pair would be Scott and Logan. Synch isn't so much like Jean as he is becoming something of a surrogate little brother/son to Scott. Which could bring up all kinds of great stories about the actual sons and little brothers Scott has failed, but there seems to be little taste for more than action sequence of the week. Even the very tantalizing story of 'Who am I' brought up by the new Laura/Synch pairing seems to have been closed off with one blurb of 'she doesn't want to be in love' by Nightmare.

And a curveball I'd love to see them throw is that the Laura from the Vault (which is totally gonna happen) isn't Synch's Laura either. It's a third clone with the memories and now flip the script as to whether Synch can be in love with this mutant/vault person hybrid who does have the memories and loves him. (Hijinks ensue...)
    Last edited by Ulysian_Thracs; 09-11-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

The COTV arc is just under 2 weeks away and I am both excited and nervous to see how things turn out. If our Laura theories turn out to be true this forum is gonna be a cesspool just like during Hickman's Vault arc. Regardless can't wait to see what's in store for our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The COTV arc is just under 2 weeks away and I am both excited and nervous to see how things turn out. If our Laura theories turn out to be true this forum is gonna be a cesspool just like during Hickman's Vault arc. Regardless can't wait to see what's in store for our guy.
    I'm really looking forward to this arc too, one of the most highly-anticipated for me this year. There's a teaser image of the Children in this week's X-Men Monday and my body went electric.

By the way, I was visiting my LCS yesterday and spotted the Emplate's Revenge collection you've mentioned. Needless to say it's on my desk right now waiting to be devoured.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this arc too, one of the most highly-anticipated for me this year. There's a teaser image of the Children in this week's X-Men Monday and my body went electric.

By the way, I was visiting my LCS yesterday and spotted the Emplate's Revenge collection you've mentioned. Needless to say it's on my desk right now waiting to be devoured.
    Awesome. It made me remember just how much I loved those kids.