Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love seeing Synch looking nice and chocolatey
    I don't know why, but I always thought that Synch was taller. Or maybe that's just how I envisioned him.

I agree with others that he definitely looks better in the Hellfire Gala design. Synch couture.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Synch should probably start a self-help group for X-Men traumatized by being time-displaced for several years...Jean, Scott, Anole, Rachel,...there are so many, who could use some counseling.
    Ironic, no, Everett being out of sync with time? Definitely brings a whole new meaning to the line, "He's older than he looks."

Fortunately, this isn't one of those lowkey creepy teeny bopper shows where people who became vampires as teens are still running around hundreds of years later grooming and predatorily dating actual teenagers.

It does make you wonder... who would Ev naturally gravitate to now that he's a Centenarian? What is his outlook like? What are his interests? And does he chafe at the notion that people younger than him now still treat him like he's a kid?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ironic, no, Everett being out of sync with time? Definitely brings a whole new meaning to the line, "He's older than he looks."

Fortunately, this isn't one of those lowkey creepy teeny bopper shows where people who became vampires as teens are still running around hundreds of years later grooming and predatorily dating actual teenagers.

It does make you wonder... who would Ev naturally gravitate to now that he's a Centenarian? What is his outlook like? What are his interests? And does he chafe at the notion that people younger than him now still treat him like he's a kid?
    The last part is something I've wondered about, too.

'Cos his body is presumably still that of a teen since that's how old he was when he originally died and was resurrected, but he's spent hundred(s?) of years being alive at this point, so how would he feel about others who don't know that still treating him like a teen??

Also: Is he too old or too young to date Monet now? :P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The last part is something I've wondered about, too.

'Cos his body is presumably still that of a teen since that's how old he was when he originally died and was resurrected, but he's spent hundred(s?) of years being alive at this point, so how would he feel about others who don't know that still treating him like a teen??

Also: Is he too old or too young to date Monet now? :P
    If Monet is still a teen, then yes, Ev is too old for her.

The age predicament is easily rectified, though. Ev could adapt the powers of a shapeshifter, or the power of someone that has total control over their bodily molecules, and age himself. I'm sure he's encountered beings with those very powers already. I'm not saying he has to look middle age or anything like that, just like a guy in his 20s or 30s.

Or if Marvel is hellbent on keeping Ev in teenage form, they could always pair him with an immortal like the Greek goddess, Dia, who often appeared as a young woman, despite being thousands of years old. In truth, she could appear as old or as young as she wanted. If Ev encounters a young maiden feeding a majestic and divine eagle from a golden chalice, we'll know they chose this route.

Monet is definitely not a teen anymore, Gen X are at least in their early twenties. The Academy X/Five Lights and later mutants have seemingly replaced them as perpetually teenaged.

Monet was screwing Madrox in X-Factor. She is definitely of legal age. As for age, I think some of you are putting way too much into this. Because of the current era we are dealing with, age matters less than it ever did. The clones are all prematurely aged to whatever Eva and Hope want them to be.
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-29-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

I still say it would be really interesting to bring back Gaia and have them enter a relationship again....particularly because the weirdness around how old she actually was is the reason she and Ev were never really a couple despite clearly being paired up as romantic interests when she was around.

For those unfamiliar with her, Gaia was a pink-haired teenager who was actually kinda sorta like, seventeen thousand years old from one perspective? LOL. She was an alien mutant (kinda like Ariel, where they're humanoid aliens from other planets but considered mutants by the standards of their own race), and at some point in the distant past she was kidnapped by an alien and used to power some kind of device that kept her in a weird sorta stasis/time dilation thing for millennia. She definitely wasn't awake or aware for all of it, but she definitely was older than she appeared, and that of course created weirdness in her dynamic with Ev....similar to how Ev's own age now creates a kind of weirdness in his own dynamics since he's centuries older than most everyone else, but doesn't seem like it and he has history with these characters who are all hundreds of years younger than him.

I just think its really interesting that these two specific characters who at one point already had a pre-existing dynamic that centered around them fundamentally not being on the same page....like now actually WOULD be on the same page, or at least closer to it than most anyone else. Gaia's backstory was always vague and ill-defined anyway, and there's precedent for alien mutants being treated/seen as mutants like with Ariel, so I think she could be brought back and hand-waved as a mutant in every way that matters, and like....her and Ev could explore together their respective experiences with feeling anachronistic compared to everyone else who seemingly should be the same age as them.

Gaia?

Incredible Member

Gaia, Ariel and Gosamyr should be ambassadors at the Diplomatic Ring of Arakko.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Monet is definitely not a teen anymore, Gen X are at least in their early twenties. The Academy X/Five Lights and later mutants have seemingly replaced them as perpetually teenaged.
    Good to know. I never knew if they'd aged the Gen X team to adulthood or not. Which now makes me wonder how old are all of the New Mutants crew? Or is everyone basically in their 20s now, given sliding timescale crap that makes it nearly impossible for the original X-Men to get too old?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Good to know. I never knew if they'd aged the Gen X team to adulthood or not. Which now makes me wonder how old are all of the New Mutants crew? Or is everyone basically in their 20s now, given sliding timescale crap that makes it nearly impossible for the original X-Men to get too old?
    Everyone is in their 20s now bc most of them have died and been reborn in cloned bodies that are at their "peak". Age is relative in the current era

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone is in their 20s now bc most of them have died and been reborn in cloned bodies that are at their "peak". Age is relative in the current era
    There's "physical age" and "mental age."

If Skin died at the age of 17 (?), and was resurrected in a "21 peak of his life body," implanting only the memories he had prior, that does not make him 21 mentally.

I know this isn't the case with Monet, but one can tread into dangerously sickening waters if the quoted text above is assumed to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    There's "physical age" and "mental age."

If Skin died at the age of 17 (?), and was resurrected in a "21 peak of his life body," implanting only the memories he had prior, that does not make him 21 mentally.

I know this isn't the case with Monet, but one can tread into dangerously sickening waters if the quoted text above is assumed to be true.
    Synch died at age 200 something and was resurrected to a body in his 20s. The issue definitely isnt that he is underage when it comes to her

I just don't get the idea of synch and his mental age being a problem when in the real world people laud old a$$ men for dating young women and boys. it makes my mind spin looking for logic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I mean nobody says boo about Hercules and Marvel Boy in guardians and isn't hercules like millenia old. So who isn't hercules too old for?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/