Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Since he generated blades on his hands,does that mean he turned his skeleton into adamantium after being with Laura that long? Or did his skeleton mimick the blades through bone outgrowths? I think it's the former and( if Forge didn't upgrade his husk) his mental command of his cellular adaptation is very impressive.
    And this is what I'm talking about ! You gave 2 direct examples of just the type of power versatility that Ev is capable of. People tend to forget that along with synching to a power, he also has innate mastery of it. We know Darwin can adapt, the possibility of Ev being able to fine tune that to make his bones metal to match Wolverine...??!! Crazy. I wondered if being a teammates with Husk/Paige Guthrie afforded him the ability to do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    And this is what I'm talking about ! You gave 2 direct examples of just the type of power versatility that Ev is capable of. People tend to forget that along with synching to a power, he also has innate mastery of it. We know Darwin can adapt, the possibility of Ev being able to fine tune that to make his bones metal to match Wolverine...??!! Crazy. I wondered if being a teammates with Husk/Paige Guthrie afforded him the ability to do it.
    If he was team-mates with Husk ,this is very likely. Yeah Ev is a one man army ,very impressive.Just imagine the threat level when High Evolutionary clones him, tweaks him and sends him against the X-Men.I'm sure he won't have the experience logged by the real Ev ,but still would be a very hard fight I think.

I read X-Men issue #11 last night. Synch did the damn thing in the sewers! I love how he's being used. And Larraz's Ev is perfection!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Since Synch has Laura's abilities, he should also have Darwin's abilities as well!!!
    No he shouldnt. He died and was resurrected so the body that was around Darwin in the Vault is the one he is using. He had Laura's claws in the issue bc he's currently hanging around her. Its also why he had TP, which was lifted from Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No he shouldnt. He died and was resurrected so the body that was around Darwin in the Vault is the one he is using. He had Laura's claws in the issue bc he's currently hanging around her. Its also why he had TP, which was lifted from Jean
    Ummm....Everett was resurrected with the same dna coded matrix right up to the point he made it out. One, he doesn't need body proximity. Two, his ability is based on unconscious activation of his aura. I have yet to see where it only recent powers to access.

What are his limitations now? Is he able to synchronize with the Phoenix Force?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Good question, I would figure that with the Phoenix Force maybe it's too expansive of an entity for his mutation to handle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I think because he tapped out when he synched with Jean in space, the limitation is not the distance but her status of a fellow omega.My reasoning is Synch could be an omega of power mimicry both in spatial and temporal terms but not 'extremity' terms.Explanation : He can copy any power at any distance or re-use it after any period of time using it once before.So in effect he can in time become the Josef Huber of mutants having any and every conceivable power he tries for size.However what he cannot do is manifest an omega's power to its extreme because that extreme is only known to the Omega he has borrowed the power from.So he copies and uses any power to the maximum of any non omegas ability but once we are talking omegas he taps out.It's my head cannon but it makes sense to me

So to answer your question he could conceivably synch with the Phoenix too but would probably tap out as well.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-13-2022 at 06:17 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The power of the Phoenix as a cosmic force (when not tied to an actual host) is more or less like the power of every other Cosmic being...nebulous. (pun absolutely intended) And being a Cosmic entity it may very well be that he cannot synch with it without "permission".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wish Marvel would get together a fun book that goes into tye theoreticals, classes and grouping of all kinds of mutations. Being a science bro, i could really enjoy that especially if they provided cool art renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I wish Marvel would get together a fun book that goes into tye theoreticals, classes and grouping of all kinds of mutations. Being a science bro, i could really enjoy that especially if they provided cool art renderings.
    They just recently announced such a book; there was a mutant-specific book called The Science of the X-Men released back in 2000. I don't think Synch was featured, but it was cool.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Thank you for your opinion but I think a different way. I feel he is able to use the Phoenix Force and able to fertilize the white hot spot. Nobody has said his limitations don't go beyond celestial beings. He might just need time and practice on how to use these powers. It would be a good love triangle between him, Echo and X-23. (I originally wanted to see him and Serafina battle it out) I don't see (lol) why Echo, Synch and Wolverine can't have romantic affiliations.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 05-15-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was a dumb line bc spoilers:
    he isnt Wolverine nor has he ever used the codename
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, that line probably could have been restated in a way that expresses that Ev doesn't just mimic powers, but he innovates and enhances them in a variety of ways. I just don't know how that can be stated succinctly without crossing the line between confidence and arrogance.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The power of the Phoenix as a cosmic force (when not tied to an actual host) is more or less like the power of every other Cosmic being...nebulous. (pun absolutely intended) And being a Cosmic entity it may very well be that he cannot synch with it without "permission".
    I see Ev as the mutant equivalent of Michael Korvac, who had the ability to analyze and synthesize the cosmic powers of Grandmaster, Galactus (via his ship) and others. As where Korvac used technological means, Ev uses his aura.

That said, I think we all can safely agree that Ev will never never ever sync a high degree of cosmic power. Not even the PF. Writers will impose limitations...for whatever reason. I frankly can't wait to see what happens if he does find himself in the midst of characters like Sentry, Blue Marvel, Thor, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc., whose powers can put them in range of sky fathers depending on the writer/situation.

Worth noting here is that Korvac is basically a power mimic, yet somehow no one characterizes him the way that Ev is characterized in that sense. It would be nice if Ev was portrayed in the same light and references to power mimicry were avoided in future dialogue. Rappers never boast about the samples they used, nor do cover artists declare that their innovative new version is as good as or better than the original. It's wasted air. Efficacy is its own encomium.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I see Ev as the mutant equivalent of Michael Korvac, who had the ability to analyze and synthesize the cosmic powers of Grandmaster, Galactus (via his ship) and others. As where Korvac used technological means, Ev uses his aura.

That said, I think we all can safely agree that Ev will never never ever sync a high degree of cosmic power. Not even the PF. Writers will impose limitations...for whatever reason. I frankly can't wait to see what happens if he does find himself in the midst of characters like Sentry, Blue Marvel, Thor, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc., whose powers can put them in range of sky fathers depending on the writer/situation.

Worth noting here is that Korvac is basically a power mimic, yet somehow no one characterizes him the way that Ev is characterized in that sense. It would be nice if Ev was portrayed in the same light and references to power mimicry were avoided in future dialogue. Rappers never boast about the samples they used, nor do cover artists declare that their innovative new version is as good as or better than the original. It's wasted air. Efficacy is its own encomium.
    Well said, I never thought of looking at him like Korvac, but then I never really understood how Mike's powers worked.I simply put it.down to his augmentation. I do think Synch's power is mimicry to distinguish from Legion who manifests new powers from within himself or Hope who apparently is a power manipulator (even if her power manifests as mimicry at a cursory level) .All seem to be Omegas in their domain with Synch not yet officially labelled so, but possibly by 'known' criteria is one, until it's fully confirmed.