Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Synch must be having 'One Man Army' by Our Lady Peace on blast!
    Yeah exactly I just hope they make him omega they did the same thing to rouge as someone said then they just left it. But with JD White's statement I believe he will get that development.

And yes he does put that on blast

I definitely need Omega status to be official for Synch.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think it's very possible that Ev is an Omega within his bailiwick. His mutant ability is his synch aura, and perhaps that is what is unlimited. Not the powers that he's co-opted necessarily, but his ability to synch up with any power, skill, attribute or property, anytime, anywhere. And who knows, maybe his aura works like the Phoenix Force, or the Superflow, ultimately connecting Ev to sentient beings across the time/space continuum, whether in the realm of the living or the dead. The sky is no limit, if a writer wants to go there. And maybe in time, they will. But not yet.

For now, I'm going to just enjoy the ride.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah exactly I just hope they make him omega they did the same thing to rouge as someone said then they just left it. But with JD White's statement I believe he will get that development.

And yes he does put that on blast
    I think they will not reveal him as an Omega shrouding his potential in mystery leaving the excitement of expectation to be the wave he rides. I do agree the Omega label gives some sort of bragging rights ,but for me Synch is already the coolest and dare I say most useful Xman no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think they will not reveal him as an Omega shrouding his potential in mystery leaving the excitement of expectation to be the wave he rides. I do agree the Omega label gives some sort of bragging rights ,but for me Synch is already the coolest and dare I say most useful Xman no question.
    Pretty much this. Omega bragging rights aside, the fact that he can "muscle memory" powers is a very cool thing. Also, we don't have a definite reason as to how he was able to do it. He could very well have a subconscious "power folder" of every being he's come across and could call up said power at a moments notice. It's quite possible that his body just has natural safe guards in place to keep him from overdoing it.

In any case, I think the sky is the limit with what they could do with him. I can easily see a story where he alone is the emergency backup for The Five.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The implication that Synch could 'recall' powers was there from the beginning of the character in Generation X. Nice to see it come into play after all this time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The implication that Synch could 'recall' powers was there from the beginning of the character in Generation X. Nice to see it come into play after all this time.
    Exactly. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is Synch a polyglot?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is Synch a polyglot?
    He is if he gets close enough to Cypher. And maybe Prodigy (does Prodigy pick up languages?).

I'm fairly sure he hasn't been shown to have learned two or more languages the more traditional ways, though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    He is if he gets close enough to Cypher. And maybe Prodigy (does Prodigy pick up languages?).

I'm fairly sure he hasn't been shown to have learned two or more languages the more traditional ways, though.
    Yep Prodigy picks up language.. during the early New X-Men run he picked up languages from Karma.. I am so happy Synch is finally getting some TLC treatment with his powers.. I hope the same happens to Prodigy one day.. He manipulates knowledge and really would be a heavy hitter if a writer really wanted to go there..

Fantastic Member

The appearances Synch has been getting is a great fulfillment of a description of Mimic from Exiles that I feel equally applies with Everett. Which is that even individual mutants can feel alone in their uniqueness, so with Synch every character gets an instant other person and hopefully friend (which is how it's worked out so far) to share it with. In that way, the synch aura could almost be said to be an "empathy aura" as well just with how it promotes quick understanding and shared experience between two characters, making it an interesting literary device. I've also enjoyed how he gets an important role (dare I say de-facto leadership) in that the others will ask him to make the call of who is most strategically useful to double-up powers with in a given situation. It's like a symbiotic relationship between him and others where he builds or talks them up and they in turn do the same for him.

The panels mentioned:
    fb6bILakEgmOm2SU1M431nSC3mdAn8sJHQ-OS4a6I3o_6oWcWOxDZ46bxSpfd0X1iaeXEcpjrlLU=s1600.jpg
    lZ65-7rI2OfdnaQHFNITZtKtxrMkMtrK0LRzF9cYWrL8w7PwOZgDFSHJBKEUrKTOGJZIjhJsOKVe=s1600.jpg
    Last edited by Rising7; 01-29-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yep Prodigy picks up language.. during the early New X-Men run he picked up languages from Karma.. I am so happy Synch is finally getting some TLC treatment with his powers.. I hope the same happens to Prodigy one day.. He manipulates knowledge and really would be a heavy hitter if a writer really wanted to go there..
    Prodigy is like synch but with knowledge and skills. If you put him in a room with black panther, dare devil, Logan and iron fist he would beat all of them in hand to hand as he is the culmination of all their fighting ability in one.
    And him being able to retain it is one of the cool things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    The appearances Synch has been getting is a great fulfillment of a description of Mimic from Exiles that I feel equally applies with Everett. Which is that even individual mutants can feel alone in their uniqueness, so with Synch every character gets an instant other person and hopefully friend (which is how it's worked out so far) to share it with. In that way, the synch aura could almost be said to be an "empathy aura" as well just with how it promotes quick understanding and shared experience between two characters, making it an interesting literary device. I've also enjoyed how he gets an important role (dare I say de-facto leadership) in that the others will ask him to make the call of who is most strategically useful to double-up powers with in a given situation. It's like a symbiotic relationship between him and others where he builds or talks them up and they in turn do the same for him.
    I really like this. Everett gets to experience to some degree what other mutants/super-powered beings have been experiencing and that certainly could establish a bond. And considering he usually can use the powers in advanced ways, it serves to show the copied mutant what their potential may be. An example of this was when Ev used Chamber's powers to fly and encouraged him that he could do it too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I missed Judd Winnick ‘s Mimic & the Exiles. I hope he does get reincarnated on Krakoa and that the editors and writers decide to write him into the fold.
    I do like Synch getting the power ups, but I would be into a Synch focused book or books.

So is it his mimicry of powers that is yet to be determined Omega or his ability to tap into Omega powers that will make him an Omega?