Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I definitely think there needs to be a change for Synch in the way he carries himself and absolutely agree with your take.
    Thanks fam! I wish more of the inner cabal of the X-office would see the potential.

Astonishing Member

I'm honestly not a fan of the Ev/Laura pairing and think its iffy on a variety of levels, so I kinda sigh at the impression I get that they have no plans to drop it......

But also personally, I'd much rather see Gaia brought back. Ev was interested in her back in Gen-X, she was a pink-haired mutant reality warper from another dimension who oh yeah, was also said to be possibly a couple thousand years old even if she looked and acted like a teenager. The story to be told between Ev coming back from the dead and then spending six centuries in near isolation only to then return to mutant society....and run into an old friend ALSO back from the dead and who previously spent a couple thousand years in isolation.....that's a lot more interesting to me than another weird age gap romance between someone with centuries of life experience and someone else who's barely in their twenties in terms of lived experiences.

The latter is literally the plot of every vampire/high school student romance novel or movie I've ever come across whereas the former has the potential to subvert multiple tropes and have Ev and Gaia bond and grow closer based on their fairly unique experiences of being two of the only people who know what its like to spend literal lifetimes in total solitude and how that inevitably grants you a perspective on life and other people that few others could even begin to imagine.

(Also, dkrook, I totally agree with you about how Ev should be acting with people who are much younger than him in terms of life experience.......the X-books have ALWAYS had a problem when it comes to depicting immortal or long lived characters as matching what they APPEAR to be rather than what their history shows them to be. For example, I always cringe when reading the aftermath of Xavier's death in AvX.....because LOGAN of all people talks about how Xavier was like a FATHER to him. Its like writers, what are you doing??!? I know Xavier LOOKS older than Logan, but Wolverine is literally like a century OLDER than him, C'MON. Its like hi, here's my dad, he's fifty years younger than me. Its weird even when Cable and Scott do it and at least in their case it happens to be true, lmao).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-05-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, I'm ready!
    Yessir when X-Men #7 comes out at the end of the month we'll definitely have some stuff to discuss and all around be hyped.

Cause these still make me smile and Synch can always synch to the first page.

laurasynchbw.jpg
    teamsynch.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Cause these still make me smile and Synch can always synch to the first page.

laurasynchbw.jpg
    teamsynch.jpg
    I especially love the selfie with Laura. Beautiful!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okay, so something has been bothering me. Do you guys think there should be a marked change in how Everett acts and sounds? We are talking about a person that is technically close to Wolverine's (Logan) age, along with development of the use of his powers shouldn't he be more mature? Like addressing Scott like his junior or at least his peer. He for all intents and purposes is old man Synch in a young body.
    I definitely think they need to explore why he acts the way he does. So even if he still acts like a young adult, that should be because he doesn’t want to feel like he missed his teen/young adult years and not because the writers lazy.

I wouldn't necessarily assume a marked change in Synch's demeanor just because he's mentally older. During the time he was aging, he wasn't really doing anything other than hiding or fighting, and his companions were the same general age as him. It can easily be explained away as his time in the vault increasing his knowledge and tactical skill but was otherwise a sort of arrested development due to lack of socialization.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily assume a marked change in Synch's demeanor just because he's mentally older. During the time he was aging, he wasn't really doing anything other than hiding or fighting, and his companions were the same general age as him. It can easily be explained away as his time in the vault increasing his knowledge and tactical skill but was otherwise a sort of arrested development due to lack of socialization.
    Oversimplification, fighting for your life and watching people you care about fight, suffer and die affects men who fought war for just a few years in profound ways. I believe he would be impacted in too many ways that should really be explored.

more synch.

xpractice2.jpg
    xpower1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    a splash of color.
    xpractice4.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Oversimplification, fighting for your life and watching people you care about fight, suffer and die affects men who fought war for just a few years in profound ways. I believe he would be impacted in too many ways that should really be explored.
    I totally agree. Ev should carry himself like a mature, grown ass man at this point, given his experiences. I don't see the point of writers characterizing him any other way.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So far it seems to be physical powers, but that a great question. Is magic an inate thing that would power a being? Would he Synch to the ability to work magical spells?
    Mystical affinity is inherent in the person, as is the degree to which a person can manipulate magical forces within themselves ... as well as the magical forces that permeate the reality around us. Everett should be able to link to that, whether we're talking about Dr. Strange or Illyana Rasputin. The only magic-oriented character that would make that impossible is someone like Talisman, whose mystical powers are a result of the coronet that she wears and not necessarily her own innate magical prowess.

That said, writers hate OP non-franchise characters, so don't be surprised if someone comes along and establishes that magic is one of Ev's blindspots that his aura can't perceive or lock onto with 100% efficacy.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-17-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Syrin Fan comic Krakoa X-Factor 10 page

Cover

Pag 1-10 Autor and Source

https://twitter.com/valentinemsm1th/...00764778360838
    Last edited by juan678; 01-17-2022 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Syrin Fan comic Krakoa X-Factor 10 page
    Oop, I think this is for the Siryn thread?

Though it does remind me of Synch's first appearance as I believe he synced with Banshee and blew out some windows.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Mystical affinity is inherent in the person, as is the degree to which a person can manipulate magical forces within themselves as well as the magical forces that permeate the reality around us. Everett should be able to link to that, whether we're talking about Dr. Strange or Illyana Rasputin. The only magic-oriented character that would make that impossible is someone like Talisman, whose mystical powers are a result of the coronet that she wears and not necessarily her own innate magical prowess.

That said, writers hate OP non-franchise characters, so don't be surprised if someone comes along and establishes that magic is one of Ev's blindspots that his aura can't perceive or lock onto with 100% efficacy.
    Yeah the last I would hate to see would be Everett getting the Blue Marvel treatment at the X-office cause they can't process using a black male omega level mutant in a high profile story.