Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No he shouldnt. He died and was resurrected so the body that was around Darwin in the Vault is the one he is using. He had Laura's claws in the issue bc he's currently hanging around her. Its also why he had TP, which was lifted from Jean
    Synch has the ability to retain powers, so its no surprise if he has retained Darwin's adaptive survival abilities.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Synch has the ability to retain powers...
    Begs the question, has Everett ever been shown using a power or attribute that didn't know/remember he has stored in his aura? He's come within range of so many individuals with superhuman abilities. Heck, just by spending an afternoon in NYC, or walking around places like Krakoa or Avengers HQ, his aura would probably snare attributes from any number of by-passers -- villains, heroes, neutrals and nonparticipants alike.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Synch has the ability to retain powers, so its no surprise if he has retained Darwin's adaptive survival abilities.
    And how long has that been the case? I don't remember him being able to permanently retain powers in Generation X...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Begs the question, has Everett ever been shown using a power or attribute that didn't know/remember he has stored in his aura? He's come within range of so many individuals with superhuman abilities. Heck, just by spending an afternoon in NYC, or walking around places like Krakoa or Avengers HQ, his aura would probably snare attributes from any number of by-passers -- villains, heroes, neutrals and nonparticipants alike.
    Presumably, it's something he has to turn on to use, not just a passive aura that's absorbing things constantly? XD I imagine he'd choose to have it off in casual situations like walking down the street.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    And how long has that been the case? I don't remember him being able to permanently retain powers in Generation X...

Presumably, it's something he has to turn on to use, not just a passive aura that's absorbing things constantly? XD I imagine he'd choose to have it off in casual situations like walking down the street.
    The retention and ability to call up past powers he's "synced" is a new development but I believe it was something he always was said to have the potential to achieve.

And as of recently his power is constantly on, per this lovely data page from X-Men #18.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The retention and ability to call up past powers he's "synced" is a new development but I believe it was something he always was said to have the potential to achieve.

And as of recently his power is constantly on, per this lovely data page from X-Men #18.
    Ah, I see, thanks for the info! I hadn't seen that data page. Or maybe I read it a while ago and really didn't get it, lol.

In any case, that's cool that his power has gotten so much stronger. We always knew he'd be great if they gave him a chance to grow up.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Ah, I see, thanks for the info! I hadn't seen that data page. Or maybe I read it a while ago and really didn't get it, lol.

In any case, that's cool that his power has gotten so much stronger. We always knew he'd be great if they gave him a chance to grow up.
    Agreed, it's great to see his continued development. We've waited a long time!

Our guy has had a full year in the big leagues now and I have to say we got some great development with Everett. In year 2 I'm hoping to see Ev take things to the next level and truly make this his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Our guy has had a full year in the big leagues now and I have to say we got some great development with Everett. In year 2 I'm hoping to see Ev take things to the next level and truly make this his team.
    Amen. I want him elevated to permanent A-list status, so when people think of "the X-Men" he's one that automatically comes to mind. It's time.

Amen. I want him elevated to permanent A-list status, so when people think of "the X-Men" he's one that automatically comes to mind. It's time.
    It's absolutely the perfect time for Synch to truly ascend and leave no doubt that deserves A-list status.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Preach the word, Sibling, and ye shall be anointed!
    It's been a good while since someone new other than the O5 and ANAD and the 90's set gained A-list prominence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It's absolutely the perfect time for Synch to truly ascend and leave no doubt that deserves A-list status.
    It's too soon for that. He just need more exposure. He isn't in any Marvel relate video games, movies, etc. yet. He's going to be a mainstay in the flagship Xbook at least.

Oof, that Synch news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Oof, that Synch news.
    It hurt my heart.

I did love the beard and salt and pepper hair though.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, didn't love that plot development. He and Velocidad should hit the Green Lagoon and vent about stupid geriatric-inducing powers. Like others have said elsewhere, its not a huge problem in an age of mutant resurrection, but it will become one if and when the resurrection protocols go bye-bye, so another reason to hope that's not something that happens any time soon.

Hmm, I do wonder if he could synch up with Elixir's powers, and use them to like....modify his X-gene and eliminate that premature aging aspect of his powers?

Me either. It felt like here goes the other shoe and it's one that doesn't make sense. With all the mutants like Elixir, or Triage with literal life force manipulation or recalling a wolverine power first to heal any potential muscle memory issues should do the trick. Was a very weak plot point i had to roll my eyes at.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/