Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    So is it his mimicry of powers that is yet to be determined Omega or his ability to tap into Omega powers that will make him an Omega?
    I think it's his mimicry, he can tap powers from more than just mutants and at vast distances, the Omega part is probably how many powers he can store in muscle memory to not require synching for example being able to use any power repeatedly even if he copied it once and accumulating every power on earth over time becoming like Josef Huber in a sense (if his power evolves to that point anyway). That's about it. I use the same reasoning to despute that he is 'Omega' for channelling Omegas for the simple reason that Fabian Cortez although he can boost many mutants may not be able to boost Omegas because they have no power ceiling to boost to, in effect he is boosting to infinity .With that logic too while Synch can siphon an Omega very well , he cannot siphon the full potential to imitate any said Omega like for like ,clued in by his tapping out after siphoning Jean
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-29-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    I missed Judd Winnick ‘s Mimic & the Exiles. I hope he does get reincarnated on Krakoa and that the editors and writers decide to write him into the fold.
    I do like Synch getting the power ups, but I would be into a Synch focused book or books.
    Agreed, that would be a crown jewel to have a book that features, or is lead by Everett! If I read correctly it was suggested that Hickman was slowly working towards bringing Generation X back together. I tend to really consider this with the 2 shot he used to build Synch up. Why pick him and then highlight him the he did. Not sure if was why Duggan carried on with using Synch, but I have zero complaints.

Astonishing Member

Y'know what direction I wanna see for Synch? Put Ev on the Quiet Council. At some point the current set up for it is gonna fall like the House of Cards it is, and like, say it ends up getting replaced by a system where all Krakoans elect the Council members and eventual replacements via telepathy the way they voted for X-Men at the Hellfire Gala.

Ev would be my top pick at that point and an ideal candidate to represent and lead his people, IMO. Not only is he basically all but confirmed as an omega level mutant - one of mutantdom's 'greatest resources' - the specific nature of his ability makes him the ultimate Everyman, able to identify with and relate to literally any mutant alive and the unique ways in which their power or mutation might shape their view of things or result in specific problems or issues for them.

Additionally, he's a cross-section of all kinds of mutant experiences - he was a Gen X student and a current X-Man, he died years ago and thus can relate to the experiences or perspectives of resurrected mutants who had to go through radical readjustments after being brought back. Plus he's not nearly as young as he looks. In his 'campaign' just bring up that one of the very first things he did after being brought back from the dead was undertake one of the most dangerous missions asked of any mutant since the founding of Krakoa, which left him living in isolation and honing his survival skills and instincts for six hundred years.....like, he has sooooo many more qualifications for the Quiet Council and reasons to be on it than like.....most of the people actually on it now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Y'know what direction I wanna see for Synch? Put Ev on the Quiet Council. At some point the current set up for it is gonna fall like the House of Cards it is, and like, say it ends up getting replaced by a system where all Krakoans elect the Council members and eventual replacements via telepathy the way they voted for X-Men at the Hellfire Gala.

Ev would be my top pick at that point and an ideal candidate to represent and lead his people, IMO. Not only is he basically all but confirmed as an omega level mutant - one of mutantdom's 'greatest resources' - the specific nature of his ability makes him the ultimate Everyman, able to identify with and relate to literally any mutant alive and the unique ways in which their power or mutation might shape their view of things or result in specific problems or issues for them.

Additionally, he's a cross-section of all kinds of mutant experiences - he was a Gen X student and a current X-Man, he died years ago and thus can relate to the experiences or perspectives of resurrected mutants who had to go through radical readjustments after being brought back. Plus he's not nearly as young as he looks. In his 'campaign' just bring up that one of the very first things he did after being brought back from the dead was undertake one of the most dangerous missions asked of any mutant since the founding of Krakoa, which left him living in isolation and honing his survival skills and instincts for six hundred years.....like, he has sooooo many more qualifications for the Quiet Council and reasons to be on it than like.....most of the people actually on it now.
    I proposed this initially months ago ,before Colossus too the vacant seat, he totally deserves a seat ,but many on the forum wanted him in action, in the field.

I would love to see Everett on the QC but I also love him out in the field. The possibilities are endless with what he can do in action sequences.
    Just have him copy Madrox and it's a win-win.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love it. I'm just a sucker for Ev in red.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. Ev's look is Plush!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Feel like this will turn into a regular costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would love to see Everett on the QC but I also love him out in the field. The possibilities are endless with what he can do in action sequences.
    Just have him copy Madrox and it's a win-win.
    Synch needs to have his own book with a supporting cast.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

SYYYYYNNCCHH!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I love it. I'm just a sucker for Ev in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes. Ev's look is Plush!
    Yeah, its a great look. Another vote from me.

That's a nice look on Ev! I especially like the rainbow colored bits that represent his aura. I hope that becomes his full-time (or most-times) uniform!

That needs to be his new costume as the current one is so generic

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes. Ev's look is Plush!
    Plush! Perfect word. I absolutely love the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That's a nice look on Ev! I especially like the rainbow colored bits that represent his aura. I hope that becomes his full-time (or most-times) uniform!
    Yeah those rainbow lines are awesome. I agree with everyone saying this should be his new, main costume.

Loving that new look for Ev and it's a perfect callback to his Gen-X days.