Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Ev reallly is that boy.. He really showing out yet again and I cant wait until Ewing or Lavelle get to write him.... But I am curious has he been shown to synch with more than one power at time during this X men tenure or does he constantly toggle between abilities?
    So far to my recollection he has only toggled between abilities during this run unless you wanna count the cover of issue 1. It is curious that he hasn't used multiple abilities at the same time during this run when he was doing it even in the early days of Generation-X

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    So far to my recollection he has only toggled between abilities during this run unless you wanna count the cover of issue 1. It is curious that he hasn't used multiple abilities at the same time during this run when he was doing it even in the early days of Generation-X
    Personally, I like distinctions like this. Limitations make power use more charming, especially with more powerful characters.

They could make him able to copy only one omega power at a time, but two below-omega power at the same time.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

For some reason in my head I thought he was physically helping the team build the X-Mech in issue #1 while he was still synched with Forge for the design of it. But I double checked and Duggan didn't outright state that so perhaps not. Maybe we'll see a double use in a very distinct way soon. He was helping Bobby keep the ice globe in tact when he used Jean's telepathy though.

I do like how he's been shown to toggle quickly and efficiently.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Yeah I dont mind him not always using multiple abilities at the same time I just dont want them to forget that he was more than just mimicking powers, he has the ability to use the abilities that he mimics better and in completely unexpected ways than the originator of the powers i.e. flying with chambers powers or getting added mass from being synced to Sabretooth.

Yeah I dont mind him not always using multiple abilities at the same time I just dont want them to forget that he was more than just mimicking powers, he has the ability to use the abilities that he mimics better and in completely unexpected ways than the originator of the powers i.e. flying with chambers powers or getting added mass from being synced to Sabretooth.
    Absolutely feel where you coming from and I do hope that Duggan plays up the "does it better" aspect of Synch and his powers.

Mighty Member

Synch seems to be the rising star of this era but it also feels like the X-Office is pulling back on his push with the whole aging thing and dropped romance with Laura.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If there's no other kind if subplot where Everett is shown in a relationship, i will start to question just how much further he will be developed beyond Duggan.
    Whaaaat?!?

Why did they drop the Synch/ Laura love story?

Lauverette/ Syncherine make a great couple.

Its idiotic to just ruin or ignore it for no reason when its one of the foundations for Synch's return after almost 20 years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's certainly not the foundation for his return. It happened 500 years into some alternate timeline and when he came back Laura had no clue, so it was basically an unrequited love scenario. Which, as much as I would have liked to see it explored (I do think they would have made a good couple if done well) is very good grounds for dissolving it early. I appreciate Duggan showing us Synch's emotional maturity in this instance.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-19-2022 at 08:40 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's certainly not the foundation for his return. It happened 500 years into some alternate timeline and when he came back Laura had no clue, so it was basically an unrequited love scenario. Which, as much as I would have liked to see it explored (I do think they would have made a good couple if done well) is very good grounds for dissolving it early. I appreciate Duggan showing us Synch's emotional maturity in this instance.
    I agree. Well said, Devaishwarya!
    Given Ev's ability to elevate the use of the mutant powers he's adopting, and push their limits, I'm curious to see if he'll be helpful in Illyana's exploration of her teleportation now that she's put Limbo behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Whaaaat?!?

Why did they drop the Synch/ Laura love story?

Lauverette/ Syncherine make a great couple.

Its idiotic to just ruin or ignore it for no reason when its one of the foundations for Synch's return after almost 20 years.
    There really was no love story. It was one sided and Laura never developed any feelings so there was nowhere to go with it

I mentioned in the X-Men #13 review thread that I did not like the art but one thing that I can say I liked about the issue was how the aura was portrayed. It was the best Ev's aura has looked since returning.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Personally, I like distinctions like this. Limitations make power use more charming, especially with more powerful characters.
    this. the best mutants are the ones that have powers that are interesting and imho, and that lean into the uniqueness of their powers. even when rogue is a brick, she still has to deal with her mutant absorption abilities mucking things up r the personalities that come with it. she can't just snack on everybody all the time. this is why he was most successful as a Mutant Hero during her time as an Avenger because those aspects of mutant ability were on display predominantly.
    With Everett, his initial ability to synch with other powers were a little like Darwins and a little like Empyrean (who needs to be brought back in a major way!!) in that his aura mutated the affect of the ability or augmented it to a greater degree. I'd love to see him "synch" up and have a rectory of lower level/ passive power sets that make him better at espionage, or allow him to blend into scenarios or morph the environments he's in including elemental manipulation and transmogrify certain substrates.

Amazing Member

I’ve noticed that he’s recently been drawn using another person’s powers with his own signature. For example, Scott’s optic blasts but with a rainbow effect. How do we feel about that? I think it’s kinda cool and sets him apart from other mimics.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    I’ve noticed that he’s recently been drawn using another person’s powers with his own signature. For example, Scott’s optic blasts but with a rainbow effect. How do we feel about that? I think it’s kinda cool and sets him apart from other mimics.
    I love that we're seeing the rainbow again. I'm absolutely all for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    It's the way his power was originally depicted so I am very much in favor of it.