Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That's a cover
    That was the quickest one I could find of a depiction. This is from Generation X 14-ish. Note his arms.

Text box on the upper left says, "... as the three young mutants suddenly realize their mistake - finding themselves within proximity to Synch's biokinetic aura."
    Last edited by JB; 01-19-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

if he can still do that then yes i would say he is omega lv. it just seems like in most of the recent issues he has been in he sticks to one at a time

if he can still do that then yes i would say he is omega lv. it just seems like in most of the recent issues he has been in he sticks to one at a time
    Yeah I'd definitely like to see more of the multiple powers.

Another cool aspect to his powers is that he can often do things with them that the synced mutant can't or hasn't learned yet. He was able to fly with Chamber's powers and Chamber was surprised.
    And it's said he has the potential to eventually be able to keep powers permanently and use them at will.

There's absolutely no reason to assume that Synch can't still synch multiple powers at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to assume that Synch can't still synch multiple powers at once.
    I don't mind that, but the whole potential to keep powers permanently is a bit much. Rogue had the same problem when they did that to her (or let her use genetic recall to manifest any power she'd ever absorbed, or whatever that was) it just makes them way too OP. Maybe they could compromise by saying Synch can "save" a synced power and use it indefinitely but can only hold onto one "saved" power at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't mind that, but the whole potential to keep powers permanently is a bit much. Rogue had the same problem when they did that to her (or let her use genetic recall to manifest any power she'd ever absorbed, or whatever that was) it just makes them way too OP. Maybe they could compromise by saying Synch can "save" a synced power and use it indefinitely but can only hold onto one "saved" power at a time.
    Or we can have writers acknowledge his powers and the potential for him to roll with big hitters. This could allow for to be used when there are more higher classed villains. With all the other omega level mutants we have, missing among that number are black male mutants! We have several white ones and then Storm, yeah there's not a thing wrong with Everett being counted in that number. With his powers, and more importantly his intuitive grasp of them makes perfect sense that he would creep into the class. Let's not forget, at his initial manifestation of his abilities he was synching Sabertooth and Banshee's power at the same time in Phalanx Covenant.
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-20-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Or we can have writers acknowledge his powers and the potential for him to roll with big hitters. This could allow for to be used when there are more higher classed villains. With all the other omega level mutants we have, missing among that number are black male mutants! We have several white ones and then Storm, yeah there's not a thing wrong with Everett being counted in that number. With his powers, and more importantly his intuitive grasp of them makes perfect sense that he would creep into the class.
    This! Can you imagine synch like going through his rainbow and being like "there you are" and that's how he recalls powers. I mean in his case it actually would make sense since he imo taps into the spectrum of energy and synch's to a power on it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I just reread the definition of omega level mutant according to HoX it seems that in order to be omega level there needs to be no upper limit or ability to surpass his power.

I think that there have been multiple examples of people humans and mutants who have taken and used others powers. That might be what is holding him back from being Omega level but that doesn't mean he isn't still powerful

He did it in the Death of Doctor Strange one-shot. spoilers:
    Used Polaris’ geokinesis to float himself and Cyke up on a rock platform while using Cyke’s eyebeams against the Netherking.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Used Polaris’ geokinesis to float himself and Cyke up on a rock platform while using Cyke’s eyebeams against the Netherking.
    end of spoilers
    He also had to have held on to the magical powers along with rogue along with having jean power to turn everyone else back so he did it several times in the issue no less.
    spoilers:
    synchsynched.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-20-2022 at 07:42 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hope is the best example I can think of. She doesn't just mimic a power but can amp or turn it down. Synch can absorb multiple powers and multiple sources form virtually anywhere or one. But that's versatility not actual power levels. How much raw power does he have because adding two or three mutants together doesn't make an omega. Omega basically means incalculable power six billion trillion quintillion is still measurable in theory though it is large. But half of infinity is not or even 1percent of infinity. You can have enough raw power that the zeroes can be as numerous as all the sand particles in on earth and you will still have a theoretical measurable uppr limit. That's why Xavier covets omega mutants sooo desperately.

But...

Right now it seems he has a definite upper limit..using Jean's powers strains him to the point that it hurts.
    But I believe that due to he evolving post ressurection he is going to become even stronger and surpass his current limits. Or at least become on of the most powerful beings on the planet or eve the universe.

Also question He did live in the vault for thousands of years though did he experience a change that would gear us to his future Evo LL bing form? Cause I know he discovered over the years that he can use non mutant abilities ala homo novisimo. I just can't wait for our new omega to arrive. This week is turning out to be a good X week for me.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-20-2022 at 07:38 AM.

end of spoilers
    Wait didn't Y'all.know he can use multiple powers at once? Like this was established back in his earliest days lol

end of spoilers
    Love that, thanks for sharing. I'm picking it up for him then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Hope is the best example I can think of. She doesn't just mimic a power but can amp or turn it down. Synch can absorb multiple powers and multiple sources form virtually anywhere or one. But that's versatility not actual power levels. How much raw power does he have because adding two or three mutants together doesn't make an omega. Omega basically means incalculable power six billion trillion quintillion is still measurable in theory though it is large. But half of infinity is not or even 1percent of infinity. You can have enough raw power that the zeroes can be as numerous as all the sand particles in on earth and you will still have a theoretical measurable uppr limit. That's why Xavier covets omega mutants sooo desperately.

But...

Right now it seems he has a definite upper limit..using Jean's powers strains him to the point that it hurts.
    But I believe that due to he evolving post ressurection he is going to become even stronger and surpass his current limits. Or at least become on of the most powerful beings on the planet or eve the universe.

Also question He did live in the vault for thousands of years though did he experience a change that would gear us to his future Evo LL bing form? Cause I know he discovered over the years that he can use non mutant abilities ala homo novisimo. I just can't wait for our new omega to arrive. This week is turning out to be a good X week for me.
    He got strained by using Jean's power? Is that from an older issue? In the current issues, he's just learning how telepathy works or rather being taught ,but I don't think he is exerting himself with it. I actually think storing a vast amount of different powers may be the straining bit, using one power at a time seems to be something he can handle, though maybe in time we shall see some limitations imposed on him by writers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Or we can have writers acknowledge his powers and the potential for him to roll with big hitters. This could allow for to be used when there are more higher classed villains. With all the other omega level mutants we have, missing among that number are black male mutants! We have several white ones and then Storm, yeah there's not a thing wrong with Everett being counted in that number. With his powers, and more importantly his intuitive grasp of them makes perfect sense that he would creep into the class. Let's not forget, at his initial manifestation of his abilities he was synching Sabertooth and Banshee's power at the same time in Phalanx Covenant.

We can agree to disagree. I'll never fault someone pushing for expanded representation but I absolutely hate the obsession X-Fans (really, One Character X-Fans) have with their favorites being omnipotent. It makes them so fucking boring. Everett does not need to be all-powerful to be interesting, compelling, complex, or narratively important. That is the representation I want to see, not "WOW HE CAN DO ANY FEAT WITH NO STRAIN!!!!" If you ask me, that attitude got Jean fridged for a decade, and got Storm stuck as wallpaper for most of the 2000s.