Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    He got strained by using Jean's power? Is that from an older issue? In the current issues, he's just learning how telepathy works or rather being taught ,but I don't think he is exerting himself with it. I actually think storing a vast amount of different powers may be the straining bit, using one power at a time seems to be something he can handle, though maybe in time we shall see some limitations imposed on him by writers.
    Yeah but he does refer to Jean's power being immesurable and being a lot. I don't know where I got the hurt part lol. But yeah it later on the plane he does tell her he is done with her gift for the day with jesn remarking she is glad he gets to turn it off.

But sooo far yeah he hasn't done any omega level **** with her gift until the next issue that is allegedly.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-20-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    We can agree to disagree. I'll never fault someone pushing for expanded representation but I absolutely hate the obsession X-Fans (really, One Character X-Fans) have with their favorites being omnipotent. It makes them so fucking boring. Everett does not need to be all-powerful to be interesting, compelling, complex, or narratively important. That is the representation I want to see, not "WOW HE CAN DO ANY FEAT WITH NO STRAIN!!!!" If you ask me, that attitude got Jean fridged for a decade, and got Storm stuck as wallpaper for most of the 2000s.
    I don't why but this post makes me laugh. Brava!

Anyways

Here is to hoping we get a black man and more pocs on that omega list *cheers*

We can agree to disagree. I'll never fault someone pushing for expanded representation but I absolutely hate the obsession X-Fans (really, One Character X-Fans) have with their favorites being omnipotent. It makes them so fucking boring. Everett does not need to be all-powerful to be interesting, compelling, complex, or narratively important. That is the representation I want to see, not "WOW HE CAN DO ANY FEAT WITH NO STRAIN!!!!" If you ask me, that attitude got Jean fridged for a decade, and got Storm stuck as wallpaper for most of the 2000s.
    I hear you, and we still good fam! I equally love about 4 other mutants but we reppin ' Synch on here. Far as uber powered characters i believe its just a matter of a writers using creativity to craft a good story, and you can also incorporate stories with more powerful foes. I felt Hickman did an admirable job with The Vault story.

BTW...Honorable mention to Wolverine who is damn near indestructible in all manner of ways, yet we find writers seem to have zero issue jamming loganlove down our throats, mind you in any kind of story genre there is.
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-20-2022 at 11:15 AM.

X-men # 7 is a straight up love letter to Synch and Cyclops. *sniff* thank you for this issue duggan. This showed quick wit, grace, selflessness, true heroes. Love it. And just EEEEEEE. lol. Synch is really off to an amazing 2022.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wow, wow, wow. From today’s X-Men:

spoilers:
    Shiro blasts one of the chimera monsters, not realizing it drank a very flammable serum and the area goes up in flames. Ev quickly uses Jean’s TK to control and dissipate the flames, except…

Jean is in space! Shiro is like “wut?” and Ev smiles, saying “wild, right?” before passing out.

Data page from Dr. Reyes, who posits that “Synch’s power set may now include the ability to retain a limited “muscle memory.” His close proximity to Jean since moving to New York may also have helped him pull off this feat.

We define an “Omega mutant” as having no upper limits to their powers, and it may be that we are witnessing the emergence of a new Omega in Synch. It’s unclear what, if any, role resurrection has played in the ability to “recall” Jean’s power, more data is needed.
    end of spoilers

Let’s gooooo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

spoilers:
    Shiro blasts one of the chimera monsters, not realizing it drank a very flammable serum and the area goes up in flames. Ev quickly uses Jean’s TK to control and dissipate the flames, except…

Jean is in space! Shiro is like “wut?” and Ev smiles, saying “wild, right?” before passing out.

Data page from Dr. Reyes, who posits that “Synch’s power set may now include the ability to retain a limited “muscle memory.” His close proximity to Jean since moving to New York may also have helped him pull off this feat.

We define an “Omega mutant” as having no upper limits to their powers, and it may be that we are witnessing the emergence of a new Omega in Synch. It’s unclear what, if any, role resurrection has played in the ability to “recall” Jean’s power, more data is needed.
    end of spoilers

Let’s gooooo!
    Right?! Let's GOOOOOO! lol. Today has been a great comic day so far. lol. The x-books firing on all cylinders.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X-men # 7 is a straight up love letter to Synch and Cyclops. *sniff* thank you for this issue duggan. This showed quick wit, grace, selflessness, true heroes. Love it. And just EEEEEEE. lol. Synch is really off to an amazing 2022.
    What a treat! One of my absolute favorite issues.

Right?! Let's GOOOOOO! lol. Today has been a great comic day so far. lol. The x-books firing on all cylinders.
    Such a great week, yes!! I’m so pleased.
    Last edited by JB; 01-26-2022 at 05:55 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It was gorgeous!!!!! I'm sure Rogue and X-23 fans will be mad as usual (valid), but Synch and Cyclops fans should be rejoicing today.

It was gorgeous!!!!! I'm sure Rogue and X-23 fans will be mad as usual (valid), but Synch and Cyclops fans should be rejoicing today.
    The art was simply stunning. I loved the pacing and i'm not sure what cyclops did but it looked cool as hell. I was like is he somehow controlling his optic blast to come out of other sources of light. like how did it fire out of each of the stop lights, i thought about it but i didn't care. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I told you re: Synch feat!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Mighty Member

The art was simply stunning. I loved the pacing and i'm not sure what cyclops did but it looked cool as hell. I was like is he somehow controlling his optic blast to come out of other sources of light. like how did it fire out of each of the stop lights, i thought about it but i didn't care. lol
    It was refracted through the traffic light and then divided between them. Similar when Carey did X-men and Rogue used his and Emma’s powers to refract the beam through her hand (I think it was her hand). It was an awesome shot

Synch fans ate good today! Congrats to you guys!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Let’s gooooo!
    Would you look at that. He definitely would get the label now. Now if we could get jubilee on that list then we would have finally fufiled that Gen X statement about the two of them being amongst the most powerful beings on the planet.

Even though I had already read the issue a couple weeks ago I'm so glad that you guys finally got to see that our boy is truly on the come up. It's a great day for all of us Synch fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Would you look at that. He definitely would get the label now. Now if we could get jubilee on that list then we would have finally fufiled that Gen X statement about the two of them being amongst the most powerful beings on the planet.
    Synch must be having 'One Man Army' by Our Lady Peace on blast!