Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Those squiggly lines in the midsection always made me think Simon was wearing a girdle.
    LOL! I always thought they were Infinity Symbols

All-time favorite moment from the '90s ongoing series will be Simon outsmarting Captain Atlas!
    Whenever Simon uses his head instead of losing it, should always be considered a good thing (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Simon never really did anything memorable after losing his original look -- even when starring in his own series, IMHO.
    Yeah! No matter what, I'll always LOVE the original look.
    Although, I'm sure several hardcore fans of Operation: Galactic Storm will remember the time Simon survived
    being at the heart of the Nega-Bomb explosion & was forever changed as a result...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-10-2022 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I always thought they were Infinity Symbols

LOL, I always thought it was continuous cursive "S" for "Simon"!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wait, really?
    I guess getting killed off and coming back from the dead is impressive, but I mean in terms of fighting. He kicked Namor's ass when he wore his first costume. He stood up to Vision's crippling phase into someone's heart (which took down Hyperion). He did a pretty good job of taking on Count Nefaria (second costume, but it counts as pre-safari jacket phase). Maybe I have selective amnesia, but is there something impressive I'm forgetting that he did when wearing black and red instead of green and red?

Oh, someone posted above about him surviving explosion of a nega-bomb. I did have a faint recollection of him having some relevance in Galactic Storm, but it's been close to 30 years since I read those stories. To be honest, I was not a fan of his ongoing series.
    Last edited by kcekada; 05-11-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Fair enough. But yeah, when I think of impressive feats from his solo series, I think of "Operation: Galactic Storm" and "Hidden Depth" first and foremost. He also went toe-to-toe with the Hulk in #26.

And don't forget he (almost) single-handedly stopped a Kree invasion in Force Works #1...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

^ ^ ^

Fair enough. But yeah, when I think of impressive feats from his solo series, I think of "Operation: Galactic Storm" and "Hidden Depth" first and foremost. He also went toe-to-toe with the Hulk in #26.
    As far as I'm concerned, "Hidden Depth" is truly underrated (IMHO):

And don't forget he (almost) single-handedly stopped a Kree invasion in Force Works #1...
    UGH! That first issue had me from the start, then took a nosedive after Simon got taken out (T_T)

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-12-2022 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

^ ^ ^

I must have missed the Hulk confrontation. Yeah, that's pretty good. Don't remind me of 'Force Works'! Ugh!

In that above pic, neither the Executioner nor the Grim Reaper should have posed much of a threat to Simon. In fact, with Simon's speed and agility, I am surprised that Executioner was able to land that punch, much less stand up to a much superior in strength Simon.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In that above pic, neither the Executioner nor the Grim Reaper should have posed much of a threat to Simon. In fact, with Simon's speed and agility, I am surprised that Executioner was able to land that punch, much less stand up to a much superior in strength Simon.
    Right before this arc Simon's powers were in flux, and there was a lot of magical interference from Mephisto and Enchantress involved.

Or haven't you read the solo series yet??
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Right before this arc Simon's powers were in flux, and there was a lot of magical interference from Mephisto and Enchantress involved.

Or haven't you read the solo series yet??
    I did read some of it, but I hated Wondy's Fluxin' Powers! I think I surpressed the memories, lol!

I prefer Simon with (stable) high-level strength, durability, hitting power, speed, agility and natural flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I did read some of it, but I hated Wondy's Fluxin' Powers! I think I surpressed the memories, lol!

I prefer Simon with (stable) high-level strength, durability, hitting power, speed, agility and natural flight.
    Agreed. If the Kirby version can't be brought back, then the Ionic version would be the next best thing (XD)

Astonishing Member

As far as I'm concerned, "Hidden Depth" is truly underrated (IMHO):
    "Hidden Depth" is undermined by its massive continuity errors with regards to Simon and Eric's family history, which end up causing its entire plot to fall apart. Its a shame, since it was the big climax arc that the first two years of the book were building to, and they packed a lot of drama and major developments in there--but it ultimately didn't end up making much sense due to the contradictory history (and it wasted Lotus' character). Thankfully Roger Stern and Kurt Busiek came along later and patched up some of the holes in AVENGERS TWO. There's still stuff in it that is wrong or doesn't make sense--but now its justified as part of a mysterious plot by Mephisto, rather than just being plot holes.

Darn it! I keep forgetting about that. But I agree, Avengers Two is a real lifesaver

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-23-2022 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Oh yeah, where they fought Lady Lotus right? I think?

Extraordinary Member

Darn it! I keep forgetting about that. But I agree, Avengers Two is a real lifesaver

And neither of them exist anymore....Simon is a pacifist who won't get involved and Hank has gone all dark side.