Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Pants are too baggy above the boots, otherwise it's very well done. Probably best Wonder Man figure to date -- even if it's not the one I most want.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Pants are too baggy above the boots, otherwise it's very well done. Probably best Wonder Man figure to date -- even if it's not the one I most want.
    Yes, and I seem to remember the wristbands being silver more often than gold. Besides, the gold color looks off. Simon does not look muscular enough here.

I agree this is not the Wonder Man figure I want. Perhaps by the time that they do get to the original costume, they will have it down perfectly??
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Gold almost always looks off to me unless they do something metallic. For the most part, yellow works better. I'm pretty sure this is the belt Perez designed for Simon from Avengers #161 (probably my favorite WM costume). The bands, though, weren't the same as the ones he wore with the jacket were more metallic. They look a light gold on cover of Avengers #168 -- and I think that's mostly how they were colored. So they do look a bit off on the action figure. If you looks at Simon on that cover -- the pants are tucked much more neatly into the boots.

Gold almost always looks off to me unless they do something metallic. For the most part, yellow works better. I'm pretty sure this is the belt Perez designed for Simon from Avengers #161 (probably my favorite WM costume). The bands, though, weren't the same as the ones he wore with the jacket were more metallic. They look a light gold on cover of Avengers #168 -- and I think that's mostly how they were colored. So they do look a bit off on the action figure. If you looks at Simon on that cover -- the pants are tucked much more neatly into the boots.
    My memory may be off and since I hated that outfit did not really pay attention to it, but I seem to remember mostly silver wrist bands with sometimes gold, and lesser red. I even remember the jet belt being red too, so glad they did not go with that or it would really have looked awful.

I think from when Jocasta first returned, @Avengers #170 at least through the Korvac Saga, the wristbands and jet belt were red. I really hated that.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

That’s Byrne’s Wondy and probably the source for the figure. Byrne didn’t draw him as buff as Perez did, iirc.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Variant figure should have been this:

Kind of reminds me of Michael Golden's version of Wonder Man.
    avengers-annual-10-19-2130050210.jpg

Astonishing Member

How I loved Avengers Annual #10 -- Golden's art was a big part of it.

How I loathed Milgrom's redesign of Wonder Man in West Coast Avengers. That wasn't Simon at all!

Mighty Member

Do you prefer his suit reveal more skin or just cover up like wearing his safari jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Do you prefer his suit reveal more skin or just cover up like wearing his safari jacket?
    Well, beefcake gonna beefcake, but I don't think Simon needs to show that much skin .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, beefcake gonna beefcake, but I don't think Simon needs to show that much skin .
    Agreed. Exposed biceps would be enough for me, at least...

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Simon has never gone for showing a lot of skin in costume -- just the bare arms. I think that's enough when he's in costume, but I do prefer him in the bare arms rather than his full-sleeved costumes.

In his civilian life Simon tends to show off a bit more skin though, particularly in his WCA days where we often saw him in speedos or shorts, due to the warmer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ...with a super-muscular hairy body, at times he had flowing hair, shades, and a cool outlook.
    I don't recall Simon having a particularly hairy body...pix of what you mean? The most body hair I recall seeing is from the MARVEL SWIMSUIT ISSUE and even then, he was no Logan or anything...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Maximum SIDEBOOB HUNK when in "human" form...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Exposed biceps would be enough for me, at least...

Pure Perfection!

Great pic, K7P5V!!