Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    My personal choice for best look is this one. Sleeveless and with sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    That’s pretty damn good. what’s it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Looks to me like HULK SMASH AVENGERS #4. It was a miniseries with each issue being a different untold tale of Hulk vs the Avengers over the years, with a different creative team. Issue #4 was by Jim McCann and had the early WCA roster up against the grey Joe Fixit Hulk.
    Yeah, I think that picture in particular is from the Hulk/Avengers mini-series, however, Simon sported that look, albeit with a large beltbuckle, from Avengers #253 right up to WCA#10 (im WCA #11, he doesn't appear in costume and in #12 he already opens up with his new Christmas tree costume). I also think this is my favorite look for him.

Peace

Looks to me like HULK SMASH AVENGERS #4. It was a miniseries with each issue being a different untold tale of Hulk vs the Avengers over the years, with a different creative team. Issue #4 was by Jim McCann and had the early WCA roster up against the grey Joe Fixit Hulk.
    I’ll have to check it out. Always liked McCann’s Hawkeye. Who is the artist?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’ll have to check it out. Always liked McCann’s Hawkeye. Who is the artist?
    Agustin Padilla was the artist for that issue.

If you're are all curious about the rest of the mini...
    Issue #1 is set in the early days of the team (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, Pym and Rick Jones) by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz.

Issue #2 is set during the era when Gyrich was originally the Avengers' government liaison, by Joe Casey and Max Fiumara. Members featured in that one were Iron Man, Beast, Hawkeye, Wasp and Vision.

Issue #3 is early days of Roger Stern's run, with Roger Stern writing and Karl Moline on art. Captain Marvel (Monica), Wasp, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

Issue #4 is Jim McCann's issue with the early WCA.

Issue #5 had Bendis' original Mighty Avengers (Ms. Marvel (Carol), Iron Man, Wonder Man, Black Widow, Sentry, Ares) by Fred Van Lente and Michael Oeming on art.

Agustin Padilla was the artist for that issue.

If you're are all curious about the rest of the mini...
    Issue #1 is set in the early days of the team (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, Pym and Rick Jones) by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz.

Issue #2 is set during the era when Gyrich was originally the Avengers' government liaison, by Joe Casey and Max Fiumara. Members featured in that one were Iron Man, Beast, Hawkeye, Wasp and Vision.

Issue #3 is early days of Roger Stern's run, with Roger Stern writing and Karl Moline on art. Captain Marvel (Monica), Wasp, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

Issue #4 is Jim McCann's issue with the early WCA.

Issue #5 had Bendis' original Mighty Avengers (Ms. Marvel (Carol), Iron Man, Wonder Man, Black Widow, Sentry, Ares) by Fred Van Lente and Michael Oeming on art.
    Thank you for the additional info!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Mighty Member

RCO014_1465542543.jpg

If you remember one thing when he is wearing the safari jacket during the Avengers, Bendis is the only writer where he is switching his costume to the iconic blue and red suit. Even Janet asks him to choose which redesign outfit for him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 01-25-2022 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    RCO014_1465542543.jpg

If you remember one thing when he is wearing the safari jacket during the Avengers, Bendis is the only writer where he is switching his costume to the iconic blue and red suit. Even Janet asks him to choose which redesign outfit for him.
    I never saw this before. Where is it from?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never saw this before. Where is it from?
    From Bendis's Mighty Avengers issue 7.

RCO014_1465542543.jpg

You have to admit that Jan is better designing costumes just for herself.

Peace

From Bendis's Mighty Avengers issue 7.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Yeah, I guess it is just one of those things easier to do for oneself.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Peace
    Well, I think she's on-record for giving Carol and Jen good costumes...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think she's on-record for giving Carol and Jen good costumes...
    Yeah, I don't think she's bad with costume design in general....she was just not having one of her better days when she brought in those costume samples for Simon. As Carol points out, they aren't even ones she specifically came up with for Simon; they were originally intended for Luke Cage (although only one of them actually looks like something Luke would wear--maybe two, if Luke put on one of Danny's outfits by mistake). I think they wanted to come up with a new outfit for Simon quickly, so Jan just threw whatever designs she happened to already have on hand and ready to go--she hadn't had a chance yet to actually put something together specifically for Wondy.

I know the scene was done to be funny (or, at least, what Bendis thinks is funny). Still, Simon deserved better designs from an artist of Bagley's caliber. Sadly, as seems to be the case with certain writers, making fun of your character(s) is SO much more important then making him (them) look cool.
    All in all, I'm reading to see Simon getting a makeover, in purpose and M.O. (drop the pacifism) and visually (really don't care much for the current look, which he has been sporting since the later days of Bendis).

Peace

I know the scene was done to be funny (or, at least, what Bendis thinks is funny). Still, Simon deserved better designs from an artist of Bagley's caliber. Sadly, as seems to be the case with certain writers, making fun of your character(s) is SO much more important then making him (them) look cool.
    All in all, I'm reading to see Simon getting a makeover, in purpose and M.O. (drop the pacifism) and visually (really don't care much for the current look, which he has been sporting since the later days of Bendis).

Peace
    When you're a semi-frequent supporting character, you more often than not get stuck with one costume for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you're a semi-frequent supporting character, you more often than not get stuck with one costume for a while...
    As long as it is a good costume, I usually do not mind.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    As long as it is a good costume, I usually do not mind.
    And a good costume is any one without green, imo...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES