Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    And by Al Milgrom, if you'll believe it. Though far from a favorite, I've always liked her earlier work, before he seemed to get too confortable with WCA.

Peace
    Couldn't agree more. The run he had with Gerber really showed how much he cared (T^T)

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Thank you!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Did they ever give an explanation for how Rogue was able to absorb Simon, when she was unable to do it before? :confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Or it could just have to do with the changes in both of their powers in the years (in-story; decades in real time) between the two stories. Simon in particular has gone through big changes--including at least one death and rebirth since then. The very nature of his physical form has fluctuated -- there have been times when he was a flesh-and-blood man, whose cells were all charged with ionic energy. There have been other times where he's been literally made out of energy, and just takes on a human appearance.

It is reasonable to suggest that just because Rogue's powers couldn't absorb him in one version of his body/powers does not mean she couldn't absorb him in a different version. But I do agree that it would be good to see Simon's immunity to Rogue's power get restored--its good for Rogue for there to be exceptions to the rule when it comes to her powers, and its good for Simon to have that unique distinction (just like his ionic nature also made him immune to the Purple Man's powers).
    Dermie took the words out of my mouth. Simon's physical form wasn't exactly the same after his rebirth. That made it believable enough to me.

New Wonder Man commission. Art by @GillanArtN

8C2CD757-FD9A-43A5-B386-EAF542721407.jpg

Astonishing Member

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    New Wonder Man commission. Art by @GillanArtN

8C2CD757-FD9A-43A5-B386-EAF542721407.jpg
    Nice art, but I can't say a like the costume. Still hate the biceps and thighs bands. The boots really seem... odd, and the belt too thin. Plus, is that a fanny pack? I do like the glasses, the black hair (I never liked Simon with gray hair) and the wrist bands/gloves. The general color scheme looks good also. All in all, it gets an 8 out of 10 from me (not that it matters, though. The commission wasn't for me). Thanks for sharing.

Peace

It was my commission. I get them from artist Love my favorite characters, especially those that don’t have a lot of modern art. Black and Red sleeveless Wonder Man is my favorite costume of his and I wanted a few updates to it like the gloves and boots. Hope I get to see him in that costume in a comic book soon!

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    It was my commission. I get them from artist Love my favorite characters, especially those that don’t have a lot of modern art. Black and Red sleeveless Wonder Man is my favorite costume of his and I wanted a few updates to it like the gloves and boots. Hope I get to see him in that costume in a comic book soon!
    As I said, although I didn't care much for the "updated" costume, I liked the art. Didn't mean to sound too critical. I wish the artist luck, and invite you to always share more.

Peace

I've just been looking at some of Mike McKone's work and came across a rendition of Wondy in his original costume:

The proportions look a little off, but it's always nice to see Simon in his original threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've just been looking at some of Mike McKone's work and came across a rendition of Wondy in his original costume:

The proportions look a little off, but it's always nice to see Simon in his original threads.
    A torso to die for .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

No matter how good the artist, I just can't get into any of Simon's green costumes...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I LOVE Simon's original green costume!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I LOVE Simon's original green costume!
    And that's fine! We're all allowed to be wrong sometimes...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    And that's fine! We're all allowed to be wrong sometimes...
    Oh you...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

George Perez (RIP)

Mighty Member

So what do you think about Wonder Man being an influencer, I mean since most of the hollywood stars do keep some social media. I think he will be a great fit to tell the plot.