Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I'm kind of curious who is going to be the supporting cast for this, it's not likely his 90's solo series is very fondly remembered and nearly half the Avengers are out of the question.
    Maybe some of the West Coast Avengers characters who haven't turned up yet? Greer Nelson/Tigra, or Bonita Juarez/Firebird? Of course that's me being hopeful, but it does seem like Feige is familiar with West Coast Avengers since "Vision Quest" ended up influencing "WandaVision."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Maybe some of the West Coast Avengers characters who haven't turned up yet? Greer Nelson/Tigra, or Bonita Juarez/Firebird? Of course that's me being hopeful, but it does seem like Feige is familiar with West Coast Avengers since "Vision Quest" ended up influencing "WandaVision."
    While I want this to be the story Vastly for just Simon and Time for Simon to Develop, I still like to see something for Wanda in it but also if This could be an Intro to Tigra that but just the The Bees Knees!

A show where 2 characters, even if it just for alittle bit, where 2 charcters Tigra and Wonder Man get their intros and justice for Old and New Fans would be the best!

Even if it just alittle intro to get her going, to get Tigra more in the public eye would be beautiful to see.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Congrats to Simon & his Fans for This Good News a Longtime in Coming!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm kind of curious who is going to be the supporting cast for this, it's not likely his 90's solo series is very fondly remembered and nearly half the Avengers are out of the question.
    No kidding, especially when you consider all the inconsistencies that were so prevalent during the 90's ongoing series

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-17-2022 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Too bad any MCU project will have to cut off his ties to The Vision. They changed the synthezoid's backstory so that he's based on one of Iron Man's AIs instead of Simon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to be excited for this, but, IMHO, Disney Marvel has been a real let down. I haven't enjoyed a single one of their TV shows ( terrible pacing, characters that fail to live up to their potential and always with the bait and switch), and except for Spiderman No Way Home, I really haven't cared for any of the phase 4 films ( to the point that I'm considering waiting for Thor to stream, instead of watching it in the cinemas). So, I'm also worried that this may do more harm than good. Let's see.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 06-19-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    While I want this to be the story Vastly for just Simon and Time for Simon to Develop, I still like to see something for Wanda in it but also if This could be an Intro to Tigra that but just the The Bees Knees!

A show where 2 characters, even if it just for alittle bit, where 2 charcters Tigra and Wonder Man get their intros and justice for Old and New Fans would be the best!

Even if it just alittle intro to get her going, to get Tigra more in the public eye would be beautiful to see.
    Wonder Man finally gets attention in a major way with a tv series with his name in the title and you want it to involve Wanda and Tigra? Simon deserves to have his own series and content that focuses on him and not how to uplift other characters.

Personally, I expect Grim Reaper and Enchantress to be a part of the supporting. Vision’s isn’t based on Simon in the MCU and Wanda is gone, so I doubt either will be involved. I hope they keep him getting his powers from the villains but joins the heroes. I haven’t loved everything from the MCU but I’m having a great time with the content. Hype for all the Wonder Man stuff that will come with the show like a new comic!
    Last edited by UncannyLZ; 06-17-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think the 90's solo title would a perfect place to mine material for this series from, especially if the reports that they're going the Hollywood satire route are to be believed.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think the 90's solo title would a perfect place to mine material for this series from, especially if the reports that they're going the Hollywood satire route are to be believed.
    Dude, that's the reason why I kept coming back for more!
    Couldn't get enough of the BTS & satire that was so prevalent in the early issues (LOL):

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Wonder Man finally gets attention in a major way with a tv series with his name in the title and you want it to involve Wanda and Tigra? Simon deserves to have his own series and content that focuses on him and not how to uplift other characters.

Personally, I expect Grim Reaper and Enchantress to be a part of the supporting. Vision’s isn’t based on Simon in the MCU and Wanda is gone, so I doubt either will be involved. I hope they keep him getting his powers from the villains but joins the heroes. I haven’t loved everything from the MCU but I’m having a great time with the content. Hype for all the Wonder Man stuff that will come with the show like a new comic!
    Honestly Yea I agree, while I have though of others like Tigra and Wanda getting sometime, thinking this series more and more over it has to be Vast Majority Simon.

Mostly cause he has sadly been as far as I remember being a poster on CBR one of if not the most overlooked original Silver Age Heroes we have today. For whatever reasons he just does not seem to get much attention at all and it has been a crime for many of years, I remember the dicussions of this and it always could never be answered why even when he got something it only lasted so long.

Indeed your right, while I like some other classic supporting characters with Simons lore in this like Tigra, Wanda, some others, it has to be Well over 90%+ even more about him. If they can do with Simon what they have in other Disney+ series like WandaVision, Loki, MoonKnight, this could finally be Marvel's Wake-Up call to get Simon back in action after so much neglect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    So hype for the D+ Wonder Man show!! Hopefully this brings more fans and gives Simon the spotlight he deserves! (I know I’m in the minority here but I’d prefer they left Beast and Wanda out of it lol let Simon be great on his own without them!)
    I liked Simon's relationships with Hank and Wanda, but neither character is essential to what makes Wonder Man tick. I hope, though, that they go more with the costume version than the safari jacket version.

Astonishing Member

Could be a good place to introduce some West Coast Avengers like Mockingbird and Tigra.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Could be a good place to introduce some West Coast Avengers like Mockingbird and Tigra.
    The Orville is ending so Adrianne Palinski can technically return to the role.

BANNED

This won’t happen in his series, but will Wonder Man in the MCU get absorbed by Rogue? And if so where will it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This won’t happen in his series, but will Wonder Man in the MCU get absorbed by Rogue? And if so where will it happen?
    God, I hope not. That was stupid in comics, it'll also be stupid in the MCU. Of course, stupidity never stopped Disney Marvel before.

Peace