Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jumping from Black Manta to Wonder Woman would feels so random.
    Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wonder Woman?
    Dang it, why do I keep doing that .

I wonder who, if anyone, will play Simon. I guess the lean now is to put him in a Hollywood satire, but that could be too clever for its own good. I just hope the character is introduced without being campy.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I guess no one wants to comment on -- or no one has seen -- the small story on CBR earlier in the week in which it is rumored that the actor who plays Black Manta in the Aquaman films is being considered for the role of Simon Williams. I don't know enough about the actor to know if he is right for the role, but I am definitely disappointed that he won't look like Simon Williams from the comics. Of course, that is always the case for me. I didn't even watch CW's the Flash, because the actor looked nothing like the Barry Allen I knew.
    Had not seen that. I will probably get some hate for this, but I really wish they would not race bend characters for roles. There's plenty of characters of color that they can promote and create a new audience for without going a totally different route for another character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Had not seen that. I will probably get some hate for this, but I really wish they would not race bend characters for roles. There's plenty of characters of color that they can promote and create a new audience for without going a totally different route for another character.
    Agreed. I love Simon. Comics is a visual medium, and I just want to see him look the same way he has for decades.

I would LOVE to see Simon, but only if he is portrayed WONDERfully and in a great costume!

I wanna see lots of muscles, actions and strength/durability feats too!

I know, I am not asking for much at all, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Agreed. I love Simon. Comics is a visual medium, and I just want to see him look the same way he has for decades.
    Marvel is probably going to tank itself with stuff like this. I have no doubt people are going to watch it anyway because "Marvel" but a lot of people who are long time fans are going to turn away from it.

I guess no one wants to comment on -- or no one has seen -- the small story on CBR earlier in the week in which it is rumored that the actor who plays Black Manta in the Aquaman films is being considered for the role of Simon Williams. I don't know enough about the actor to know if he is right for the role, but I am definitely disappointed that he won't look like Simon Williams from the comics. Of course, that is always the case for me. I didn't even watch CW's the Flash, because the actor looked nothing like the Barry Allen I knew.
    Jumping from Black Manta to Wonder MAN would feels so random.
    (corrected above to Wonder Man)

...by way of WATCHMEN though, where he was Dr. Manhattan.
    How feuding are the DCEU and MCU over talent nowadays anyway?
    Yahya Abdul Mateen can do anything...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

But...Simon doesn't have red hair which is a prerequisite for that kind of casting change. Oh well, it's not like I give Marvel a lot of time or money these days.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-23-2022 at 04:58 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So if or when Simon eventually appears, when will the Grim Reaper character be dealt with, and will it be a comedic portrayal, given the huge scythe stuck on one hand that's his main gimmick?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_R...Marvel_Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So if or when Simon eventually appears, when will the Grim Reaper character be dealt with, and will it be a comedic portrayal, given the huge scythe stuck on one hand that's his main gimmick?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_R...Marvel_Comics)
    I hope they treat Eric seriously.

I hope they treat Eric seriously.
    Me too. I don't mind a sense of humor, but the issues these two have dealt with aren't a laughing matter (IMHO):

Astonishing Member

I hope they include the Grim Reaper -- and Simon's dying. Unfortunately, I don't suspect much in the way of Avengers involvement. Maybe Zemo if we're lucky. Definitely not the Enchantress or Excecutioner. In the end, we may be better off just re-reading the stories from the comic books as I don't have a lot of faith in what Hollywood will do with this property.

I hope they include the Grim Reaper -- and Simon's dying. Unfortunately, I don't suspect much in the way of Avengers involvement. Maybe Zemo if we're lucky. Definitely not the Enchantress or Excecutioner. In the end, we may be better off just re-reading the stories from the comic books as I don't have a lot of faith in what Hollywood will do with this property.
    I actually feel like there is much more space for them to ruin this, then to get it right.

Peace

Thought I could come here and share in the excitement of Yahya officially being cast as Wonder Man in the MCU series with some other Wonder Man fans but unfortunately, it seems like quite a few of you are pretty averse to a black guy playing Simon. I’m excited for the first live action Wonder Man to debut and wish more were at least optimistic.